Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-15-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
green80

Derbywars

How good is the competition on Derbywars? Looks like the take varies from 10-12% and you are up against other players. Does a better than average handicapper have a shot a $$.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #2
fasteddied

I joined last week, have played in 6 so far. yesterday I won the tourney at parx, sunday I finished 2nd at belmont. I prefer the Lockdown tournys ( must make all picks before the first race of the tourny). Lots of chances to get into low $$$ qualifers also. Some tournys dont make minumim requirements to go, that sucks but all in all I like it.
fasteddied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #3
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
How good is the competition on Derbywars? Looks like the take varies from 10-12% and you are up against other players. Does a better than average handicapper have a shot a $$.
IMO looking it over I don't think it's so much a matter of competition because the number of races in a tournament seems very small. Examine the outcomes of them for clues... what typically happens in a 7 or 8 race sample with 15 participants is one of two things, one person catches two bombs and takes it or one person essentially doesn't miss cashing but one race all day long. When you're talking about good players rising to the top that only happens over a large number of outcomes and I don't see anything in their offerings which currently strikes me as fitting that bill. I mean it's worth looking into, those are just my initial thoughts.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #4
fasteddied

That is the case but you know ahead of time which you chose to enter, the $4 survivor sunday had 395 start and going into the last leg only 17 of us were left. There are plenty of contests that have a high number of players.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #5
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddied
That is the case but you know ahead of time which you chose to enter, the $4 survivor sunday had 395 start and going into the last leg only 17 of us were left. There are plenty of contests that have a high number of players.
Yeah I don't want to dismiss it. Worth looking into and they'll probably keep coming up with more options.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:53 PM   #6
green80

Do you think it is straight? Always some guys catching bombs.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2015, 08:07 PM   #7
fasteddied

Yes I do 32 cap on win bets 18 on place bets, strategy comes in if your way out of it you must play bombs, thats why the LOCKDOWN GAMES are good chocies in my opinion, all bets placed before the tourny (war ) starts. no changes can be made. And 1 min to post you can see the top 10 players selections.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #8
MJC922

A dual-card two-day lockdown with 50% payback for a few hundred bucks might be a decent weekend warrior offering. Maybe use 5,2,1 points for on the board finishers as opposed to using Win/Place payoffs might be something I'd look at.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:25 PM   #9
fasteddied

One more thing before I go Derby Wars has HEAD TO HEAD games all day from like $5.00 to $800.00 one on one, and you can see your competitors picks as well 1 minute before the race goes off. So with that said those of you with big heads like myself how can you resist the male ego to see whos better!