Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-19-2022, 02:28 PM   #76
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Ray is exactly right. Why is it, sometimes, that Automation and Progress bring along with them more problems than there were before?
Old 04-19-2022, 02:35 PM   #77
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Ray is exactly right. Why is it, sometimes, that Automation and Progress bring along with them more problems than there were before?
I'm glad that someone is writing about all this shit

Keep it up Ray P!!!!!
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2022, 02:55 PM   #78
classhandicapper

Maybe if it stays in the headlines enough managements will feel compelled to make more thorough technological and rule changes.

I don't like large late odds changes, but I can live with them. I can't live with large late odds changes on longshots that are on the lead or even short priced horses that are off slowly. When I see things like that, I start feeling like I am going to have to study the results looking for evidence someone is betting after the start. I have no time for that kind of thing. It's hard to enough to keep up with the work of playing, let alone figuring out if some tech guru has broken through the system and is cheating.
Old 04-19-2022, 06:59 PM   #79
tbwinner

Watching Turf Paradise in the kitchen. The winner of the 6th was 4-1 leaving the gate and 3-1 crossing the wire first. Ok that's fine.

Entering the winners circle he's 8-5.

No wonder racing is DEAD. the vultures will just kill this game until it's no more.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2022, 07:42 PM   #80
geroge.burns99
Veteran

I can't wait till Monmouth opens and see how the fixed betting fairs....

Unless the jockeys don't show up

Old 04-20-2022, 12:34 PM   #81
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
Watching Turf Paradise in the kitchen. The winner of the 6th was 4-1 leaving the gate and 3-1 crossing the wire first. Ok that's fine.

Entering the winners circle he's 8-5.

No wonder racing is DEAD. the vultures will just kill this game until it's no more.
This is just such a bad look
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2022, 12:37 PM   #82
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
everyone should bet NY and Woodbine and see how fast others change...
Old 04-20-2022, 12:46 PM   #83
Elkchester Road

Quote:
dilanesp...it IS such a bad look. How long is are Tracks going to able to say there is nothing nefarious going on??? We are way past the point of whether or not that is the issue. It...looks...BAD.
Old 04-20-2022, 01:55 PM   #84
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Maybe if it stays in the headlines enough managements will feel compelled to make more thorough technological and rule changes.

I don't like large late odds changes, but I can live with them. I can't live with large late odds changes on longshots that are on the lead or even short priced horses that are off slowly. When I see things like that, I start feeling like I am going to have to study the results looking for evidence someone is betting after the start. I have no time for that kind of thing. It's hard to enough to keep up with the work of playing, let alone figuring out if some tech guru has broken through the system and is cheating.

As I have mentioned several times in the past, a big step can be taken by just showing a matrix board of how all the money has been bet in the horizontals. Example: A pick three might have $300,000 total bet. A matrix board would show how much money was bet on every horse in every leg. Every leg would show how the $300,000 was distributed. Horse number 6 in the 3rd leg might be 20-1 on the ML but have 25% of the P-3 money bet on it.

Obviously the blindest race of the day would be the first race of the day. All others would be covered by a horizontal bet and therefore would show where the smart money will be bet. Any late drop downs not reflected in the horizontals would mean that the computer players did not bet the horizontals or that there was past posting occurring.
Old 04-20-2022, 04:13 PM   #85
lamboguy

i dont't know about you guys, but watching money coming in and out of pools is a thing of beauty. i love to donate my money to sharp guys that sit in front of computer terminals so that i can help to make their Cadilac payments and put their children through college.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2022, 05:18 PM   #86
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i dont't know about you guys, but watching money coming in and out of pools is a thing of beauty. i love to donate my money to sharp guys that sit in front of computer terminals so that i can help to make their Cadilac payments and put their children through college.