Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-20-2021, 11:56 PM   #106
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Speaking of patting one's back.

Feel better now?
Definitely patting myself for not wasting too much time on this part of the forum

I originally found Paceadvantage trying to learn more about horse racing and handicapping.

For sometime I thought the Offtopic might be useful for discussions on political topics, but it hasnt lived up to that hope. There is just a lot of repetition, stubbornness and little interest in listening but more on pushing pre-existing views, most of which come from tv or elsewhere. Save the occasional personal anecdote, most of the stuff is cut and paste from the internet. Well, I can google that myself.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:22 AM   #107
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceknight View Post
Definitely patting myself for not wasting too much time on this part of the forum

I originally found Paceadvantage trying to learn more about horse racing and handicapping.

For sometime I thought the Offtopic might be useful for discussions on political topics, but it hasnt lived up to that hope. There is just a lot of repetition, stubbornness and little interest in listening but more on pushing pre-existing views, most of which come from tv or elsewhere. Save the occasional personal anecdote, most of the stuff is cut and paste from the internet. Well, I can google that myself.
Another asshole proclaiming his superiority. GTFO!
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #108
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersquall View Post
I to am a reidential Entergy customer. Unlike ERCOT Entergy is a part of the MISO grid which stretches from Canada to GoMx. It is my understanding that Entergy remains a fully regulated utility, responsible for both the energy component and the delivery component of electricity. As a result, your energy prices should not be subject to the spot market, as many who have chosen their own energy suppliers will be. That said, there's the possibility/likelihood that Entergy requests a rate increase in near future as a result of significant costs incurred during this weather event.
Thanks! I did not know that. I’ll be watching.......
Old 02-21-2021, 01:20 PM   #109
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceknight View Post

I suggest you contact customer service and request a refund.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:46 PM   #110
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Another asshole proclaiming his superiority. GTFO!
Dont think you got the joke, but whatever. It's not superior or inferior. It is what it is. thats all.

Quote:
I suggest you contact customer service and request a refund.
Haha good one. No, it does say "offtopic", so not too hard to stay clear.

Last edited by iceknight; 02-21-2021 at 07:49 PM.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2021, 08:04 PM   #111
JustRalph
Just another Facist

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...s-deep-freeze/

Christ!
Old 02-21-2021, 08:32 PM   #112
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I just heard that the real number for renewable energy that froze or stopped working is 35% and as of today it’s still just under 30%.

WTF?
Your like most who have lived in a number of states, and I guess I should have aimed my questions for CJ who might have the vibe of living lets say 15 years someplace. In advance I say that I am probably wrong on the last sentence, so knowing a given areas change in population for 15 to 20 years is a view of how the demand for the energy was properly addressed or not. If you look at some small bullshit country that refugees are leaving someone will say it is a existentialist crapola, even though that bullshit country had the same natural resources (water) 200 years ago. Baron land that populates itself into oblivion will naturally walk to someones resources not near the place of birth. So also big ass storms don't happen often, and it is likely the models for the energy demands for Texas did not take into consideration of weather that may be.

Last edited by fast4522; 02-21-2021 at 08:36 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2021, 08:57 AM   #113
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Your like most who have lived in a number of states, and I guess I should have aimed my questions for CJ who might have the vibe of living lets say 15 years someplace. In advance I say that I am probably wrong on the last sentence, so knowing a given areas change in population for 15 to 20 years is a view of how the demand for the energy was properly addressed or not. If you look at some small bullshit country that refugees are leaving someone will say it is a existentialist crapola, even though that bullshit country had the same natural resources (water) 200 years ago. Baron land that populates itself into oblivion will naturally walk to someones resources not near the place of birth. So also big ass storms don't happen often, and it is likely the models for the energy demands for Texas did not take into consideration of weather that may be.
W

T

F?
Old 02-22-2021, 05:03 PM   #114
fast4522

So with illegals pouring into our country from all over the world threw Texas some might think that they will be treated better than Texans are. Sucking up resources that Americans should have first before anyone else. Part of my thought was also Texas does everything bigger like grow in population, and that growth it seems was met by wind farms and fairy dust. Another part of my logic was CJ seems to be a cut above in the quality he posts so I dropped his name figuring he might jump in.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2021, 12:49 AM   #115
TJDave

Quote:
Yes, Ted will pay dearly for his ****up.
Ted treated to a little serenade.

Someone started a gofundme to pay the band. Absolutely a crime scene because it’s the worst Mariachi band ever. I wonder if they were paid to play out of tune.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:32 AM   #116
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post

https://youtu.be/wre-7nfq9jQ

Someone started a gofundme to pay the band. Absolutely a crime scene because it’s the worst Mariachi band ever. I wonder if they were paid to play out of tune.
I'm guessing the horns were in A and the rest of the band in C

close but no cigar
Old 02-24-2021, 05:25 AM   #117
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
He's a Senator. No authority to effect change in this regard. I'd have stayed in Cancun if I were him, let the bed wetters cry.

Abbott has promised change and I bet he'll go thru with it. ERCOT directors are about to get pink slips, rightfully so
Four ERCOT directors have resigned. It sure seems they were helping ENRON style squeezing/gouging like happened in California years ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...blackouts.html
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2021, 10:15 AM   #118
JustRalph
Just another Facist

They are being sued personally too

It’s going to be fun
Old 02-25-2021, 11:15 AM   #119
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post

https://youtu.be/wre-7nfq9jQ

This is actually pretty funny. When Ted Cruz makes his appearance at CPAC, he should come on stage wearing a sombrero.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2021, 10:16 PM   #120
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Four ERCOT directors have resigned. It sure seems they were helping ENRON style squeezing/gouging like happened in California years ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...blackouts.html
https://www.click2houston.com/news/t...-winter-storm/

Check out this guys salary