Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 06-21-2020, 01:52 PM   #2056
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Nice call on ULTA, no less than six WS analysts recently have them as a buy or positive rating. SUFF is the model of a contrarian.
I have ulta on a significant dilution event to raise cash, or outright reorg.

The quarterly on May 28th, they were saying PIE-IN-the-SKY stop gaps like renegotiating their leases. They’re not anchor stores in these malls. They’re bit players.

The CEO , trying to put a shine on it, said they’ve reopened 600 stores. She waited until much later in the call to say “for curbside pickup”.

Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2020, 03:55 PM   #2057
oughtoh

This is going to be a fight since it has a pandemic clause in the contract
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2020, 04:48 PM   #2058
Suff
Beat up 💪

From what I understand the Pandemenic carve out is boiler plate and includes wars, natural disasters etc... but contains the caveat’....it only applies if the business is materially impacted worse than its peers.

Which in this case, it doesn’t. No doubt they’re going to spend $100 million on lawyers to block or restructure.

That goes to my point about ULTA. They have to wait in the wings to let this infold. Nobody interested in re-doing ULTA’s leases at the moment.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:53 AM   #2059
lamboguy

GE

after a 111 year relation, GE just dumped their auditor KPMG.

GE is the company that has been cooking their books for years now. they had all types of gimmicks like pricing their real estate at market to market values and using fake numbers for the value. they have been crunching the channel by pushing their goods to distributors that can't sell them and putting those sales on their books at the end of the quarter, then escalating their sales over and over again quarter by quarter.

now with a new auditor, they will see all this bullshit like flash gordon. i am wondering if they finally have a good CEO and if its time to forget about shorting GE.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2020, 11:55 AM   #2060
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
after a 111 year relation, GE just dumped their auditor KPMG.

GE is the company that has been cooking their books for years now. they had all types of gimmicks like pricing their real estate at market to market values and using fake numbers for the value. they have been crunching the channel by pushing their goods to distributors that can't sell them and putting those sales on their books at the end of the quarter, then escalating their sales over and over again quarter by quarter.

now with a new auditor, they will see all this bullshit like flash gordon. i am wondering if they finally have a good CEO and if its time to forget about shorting GE.
Why in the world didn't they sell their long term care insurance division? That's where a lot of the accounting shenanigans were carried out. (edit) or some reports state they sold a "part" of that division. Instead they sold their lighting division. Not a single insider stock purchase in almost a year.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 06-22-2020 at 12:04 PM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2020, 12:08 PM   #2061
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Why in the world didn't they sell their long term care insurance division? That's where a lot of the accounting shenanigans were carried out. Instead they sold their lighting division. Not a single insider stock purchase in almost a year.
i am short Ford, GE, cruiselines and airlines mainly American. American just announced a refinance, some of it is dilution of shares and some is a loan from somewhere. i know i am sounding very vague, but that is the way they present it. so what i am interested in is the rate of interest. i suspect it will be very high. they might be trying to grab what they can get so that they can get pay raises and bonus money. i don't trust none of them. just remember Warren Buffet sold his airlines and i suspect for good reasons.

airlines are probably going to lose a lot of their shorter routes, like San Francisco to Reno, or New York to Philadelphia. there will be a bunch of haircuts in the airline industry. you might want to look at bus company's and railroads as long candidates some time down the road, and maybe on a stretch airlines that don't have short routes. i really think airlines as a very challenging business. even if they get rid of the small flights, they needed them to feed the longer ones.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:46 PM   #2062
Ocala Mike

[QUOTE=lamboguy;2622067]

you might want to look at bus company's and railroads as long candidates some time down the road

[/QUOTE}

This will have no effect on the freight railroads, and I'm pretty sure you're aware that there are no longer any passenger carrying railroads that operate over any distance in the US.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2020, 07:10 PM   #2063
lamboguy

[quote=Ocala Mike;2622254]
Quote:

you might want to look at bus company's and railroads as long candidates some time down the road

[/QUOTE}

This will have no effect on the freight railroads, and I'm pretty sure you're aware that there are no longer any passenger carrying railroads that operate over any distance in the US.
i was honestly just thinking about the short runs like the northeast corridor. only because it looks to me like the airlines that are going to be remaining are going to be dropping short distance flights.

right now i am interested in AIM making some type of run. gold miners gave it up again today.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:48 PM   #2064
Valuist

Quote:
i

airlines are probably going to lose a lot of their shorter routes, like San Francisco to Reno, or New York to Philadelphia. there will be a bunch of haircuts in the airline industry. you might want to look at bus company's and railroads as long candidates some time down the road, and maybe on a stretch airlines that don't have short routes. i really think airlines as a very challenging business. even if they get rid of the small flights, they needed them to feed the longer ones.
Trucking companies is the long term play. Autonomous trucks will be huge. Long run lines will become driverless. Only will need humans aboard for final mile. What's the downside in trucking? Human fatigue and driver error. No need for rider logs for autonomous trucks. Autonomous will also be safer and no road rage, no texting while driving. The rails benefitted from analytics and big data the past 5-10 years revolutionizing their business, but they know the competition from trucking industry will force them to adapt again.

Last edited by Valuist; 06-22-2020 at 09:49 PM.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2020, 07:02 PM   #2065
Suff
Beat up 💪

Webull , who’s Robinhood chief competitor, is now offering 16 hour trading days.

I’m going to get it just for that. I hobby- trade crypto's & they go 24/7. I’m in ETHEREUM. It never closes so instead of seeing after-hours quotes, You always see Last Hour quotes. If your looking for a soft entry point into crypto’s, then take a small taste of RIOT. Cheap stock that’s in mining bitcoin, 12% ownership of CoinSquare , which is a platform , and they’re in Services for Crypto miners & traders. $2.63 a share, up from .87 cents three months ago. RIOT.

Last edited by Suff; 06-23-2020 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:01 PM   #2066
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

BTW, when people who have never traded stocks, etc before start posting on here about dabbling and hobby-trading....and places like robinhood are raking it in with a ton of users, you know a major top is here or just around the corner.

It never fails...

All these new people are destined to lose a crap ton of money.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:47 PM   #2067
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
BTW, when people who have never traded stocks, etc before start posting on here about dabbling and hobby-trading....and places like robinhood are raking it in with a ton of users, you know a major top is here or just around the corner.

It never fails...

All these new people are destined to lose a crap ton of money.

Man, you’re dark and a bitter cynic. Don’t root down.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:01 PM   #2068
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
Man, you’re dark and a bitter cynic. Don’t root down.
It's called experience, hon.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:07 PM   #2069
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's called experience, hon.
Its called your carry.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:56 AM   #2070
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
Its called your carry.
Speak English. Not everyone is from Boston.

By all means...I encourage everyone who thinks it's easy money out there to learn your lesson. It will be good for you.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-24-2020 at 12:57 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: