Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #31
fast4522

Given what we currently know about the man that is fact, the guy was a virtual mess receiving daily injections. His health was severely comprised and needed support in order to escape and live anyplace. If I would put a percentage on him being dead at the time of Germany's surrender it would be close to 96%. That being said the percentage is also very high that he and his wife's remains were destroyed completely before anyone got to investigate any location.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2017, 08:16 PM   #32
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Why do they think he will be martyred more if his bullet ridden corpse is shown?
The speculation I just read suggests that the seals that killed him may have overindulged in shooting bullets into his body after he was already dead. That could cause an international scandal.

However, like I said, if you don't provide pictures to the public and you bury at sea (none of which makes sense given the gruesome photos of Saddam etc...), you are going to continue to get the conspiracy minded suggesting that the rumors of his kidney illness/marfan syndrome and death in 2001 are the truth, his burial at sea was done so no one could examine the body and determine the time of death, and his body was rolled out at a politically expedient time.

This is how it works.

People look at the official story and the evidence. If the evidence is solid and the story makes sense they accept it.

If the story does not make sense, there is little or no evidence, and there is some contrary evidence, they speculate on what might have really happened.

People don't accept the official Kennedy story because too many things do not make sense and too many other things make a LOT of sense.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-11-2017 at 08:26 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2017, 09:02 PM   #33
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Why do they think he will be martyred more if his bullet ridden corpse is shown?
No idea to be honest. The burial thing I think was done out of religious/ political considerations but again not my call.

I wasn't pleased about the immediate purging of "proof" but after rank and file leadership on both sides admitted to seeing the pictures and their authenticity I, personally, was satisfied.

Plus it's not really the kind of thing you can hold a national announcement on and get wrong.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2017, 09:02 PM   #34
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
They chose not to. The statement was none were taken. I distinctly recall ranking House and Senate members stating they has seen them. Even opponents of the President.
And our government was so quick to bury Bin Laden's body because......?
Old 09-11-2017, 09:04 PM   #35
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
And our government was so quick to bury Bin Laden's body because......?
I don't know. I don't want people to think I would have handled it the way it was. I just made the comment photos of Bin Laden were taken and shown to people in the need-to-know circles who had no justification to lie about what they saw.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:07 PM   #36
classhandicapper

Quote:
I don't know.

Again...the speculation I just read suggests that the seals that killed him may have overindulged in shooting bullets into his body after he was already dead. It was felt pictures like that could cause an international scandal. What makes no sense about that is the gruesome pictures of Saddam, his sons, and others have been released.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-11-2017 at 09:10 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2017, 09:07 PM   #37
thaskalos

Quote:
I don't know. I don't want people to think I would have handled it the way it was. I just made the comment photos of Bin Laden were taken and shown to people in the need-to-know circles who had no justification to lie about what they saw.
This was our country's most despised person for a long time...and the handling of his "assassination" was puzzling to say the least. Who can blame those who harbor "conspiracy theories"...when our government acts in such an irrational manner?
Old 09-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #38
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Again...the speculation I just read suggests that the seals that killed him may have overindulged in shooting bullets into his body after he was already dead. That could cause an international scandal.
Alright then. That settles it!

We killed thousands and thousands of Iraqis who never bothered us, because of Bin Laden...but we were afraid of the "international scandal" that the photos of his bullet-riddled body would have caused.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:24 PM   #39
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I don't know about the 128-year-old man (well, I do know...not Hitler)...HOWEVER, anyone who thinks Hitler died in a bunker in Germany near the end of WWII is probably naive at best.

Considering the vast numbers of lower ranking Nazis who escaped, why is it so unfathomable that Hitler himself didn't have an exit plan that was carried out by his most devoted followers?

I have no doubt he escaped to Argentina...no doubt...
If he escaped to Argentina he did not live long. The largest collection sociopath's ever to occupy one country, enter the Third Reich. Vast numbers escaped exactly because they had control for a very short time before the hunt began. Both Elvis and Adolf Hitler had poor health in common from many years of drugs in their systems, both could have lived longer if there was some correction in lifestyle. With both cases whoever pisses off the boss gets trouble, unless the boss can no longer provide the lifestyle that one is accustomed to. Considering the many who wanted to escape The Hague and some top ranking might not want the leader of the Nazi Party Führer to be able to talk period. But like Hillary likes to say "What difference does it make"
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #40
_______
Veteran

I know most here don't believe that what Muslim's think is important or should be a consideration in our policy decisions but the "no photo" and burial at sea makes perfect sense if you were concerned about offending sensibilities and breeding new terrorists.

I'm sure consideration was given to the possibility that some would speculate about a vast conspiracy and that Osama was living comfortably in Abu Dubai but...look at the title of this thread.

There is no avoiding it regardless of the evidence with some people.

It doesn't matter how laughably stupid any theory is. (Insert Obama is a secret Muslim troll here) The internet is the place where you can find a community to take it seriously.

They made the right decision. It didn't resolve the issue but it didn't make it much worse. And the internet is full of ridiculous conspiracies with or without photo's (which were OBVIOUSLY faked!) regardless.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2017, 09:53 PM   #41
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
If he escaped to Argentina he did not live long. The largest collection sociopath's ever to occupy one country, enter the Third Reich. Vast numbers escaped exactly because they had control for a very short time before the hunt began. Both Elvis and Adolf Hitler had poor health in common from many years of drugs in their systems, both could have lived longer if there was some correction in lifestyle. With both cases whoever pisses off the boss gets trouble, unless the boss can no longer provide the lifestyle that one is accustomed to. Considering the many who wanted to escape The Hague and some top ranking might not want the leader of the Nazi Party Führer to be able to talk period. But like Hillary likes to say "What difference does it make"
Let's set aside Hitler for a moment.

There are multiple reports from people suggesting there were hidden compounds in Argentina and elsewhere where ex Nazis lived. Troves of Nazi artifacts have been found in the area. Major arrests of Nazis did occur in Argentina and elsewhere.

History Channel did a series on a lot of this. I didn't see the whole thing from start to finish, but I saw a few episodes. It made me more open to the possibility that a lot more of them escaped than we know about.

http://www.history.com/shows/hunting-hitler

I find it hard to believe that if these guys had these compounds built before the war ended (I assume on Hitler's orders) that they were unprepared to escape when it became clear the war was lost.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/secret-...entine-jungle/

"Germany is believed to have built remote hideouts for their top leaders in some of the most remote locations on Earth prior to the conclusion of World War II in the event of their defeat.

While their findings so far are not definitive proof of these set of structures being one of them, Daniel Schavelzon, leader of the team archaeologists exploring the site, said: "We can find no other explanation as to why anyone would build these structures, at such great effort and expense, in a site which at that time was totally inaccessible, away from the local community, with material which is not typical of the regional architecture."
Old 09-11-2017, 09:54 PM   #42
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
I know most here don't believe that what Muslim's think is important or should be a consideration in our policy decisions but the "no photo" and burial at sea makes perfect sense if you were concerned about offending sensibilities and breeding new terrorists.

I'm sure consideration was given to the possibility that some would speculate about a vast conspiracy and that Osama was living comfortably in Abu Dubai but...look at the title of this thread.

There is no avoiding it regardless of the evidence with some people.

It doesn't matter how laughably stupid any theory is. (Insert Obama is a secret Muslim troll here) The internet is the place where you can find a community to take it seriously.

They made the right decision. It didn't resolve the issue but it didn't make it much worse. And the internet is full of ridiculous conspiracies with or without photo's (which were OBVIOUSLY faked!) regardless.
How "sensitive" were the Muslims THEMSELVES...when it came to the "publicity" associated with the Saddam Hussein HANGING?
Old 09-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #43
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post

I'd more readily accept that if they didn't splash the bodies of Saddam and his sons all over the place.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:00 PM   #44
elysiantraveller

I think the Bin Laden thing has gone off track. My only comment was that photos of his body were taken. They were shown to people in the Armed Forces committee who confirmed them publicly.

Personally, that was good enough for me. If it wasn't for you that's fine.

My only comment on the issue is that photos were indeed taken. Beyond that I offer no argument on any issue regarding it.

I don't care about the Saddam thing as it's unrelated. FWIW I believe he is dead too.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:05 PM   #45
thaskalos

Quote:
I think the Bin Laden thing has gone off track. My only comment was that photos of his body were taken. They were shown to people in the Armed Forces committee who confirmed them publicly.

Personally, that was good enough for me. If it wasn't for you that's fine.

My only comment on the issue is that photos were indeed taken. Beyond that I offer no argument on any issue regarding it.

I don't care about the Saddam thing as it's unrelated. FWIW I believe he is dead too.
It's okay to believe what the Armed Forces committee publicly declares...but it's also understandable to have some doubt. After all...these government committees HAVE been known to "exaggerate", on occasion.