Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-07-2022, 10:11 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Fetterman = an "incompetent husk" of a man

But that's just fine with Democrats....they've seen how well it worked with Biden

Yes, we are the dumbest country on earth...again

Old 09-08-2022, 12:59 AM   #2
proximity

he admittedly wasn't my first choice, but hopefully the wizard of oz pulls back the curtain on him.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2022, 08:39 AM   #3
lex

I don't know how things work in Pennsylvania if Fetterman wins and steps down. Democrats might think they could get a replacement that they want depending on how that works.

NYers voted for comptroller they knew was going to be convicted of a crime so nothing would shock me.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2022, 09:26 AM   #4
pandy

This is such a stark contrast, between Fetterman, who never had a real job and was supported by his family most of his life, to Dr. Oz, a self-made man, a successful heart surgeon, who has won awards for medical inventions, also had a hit TV show which won 10 Emmy Awards, also has a syndicated column that's published in 175 newspapers, and has written 8 NY Times best-selling books.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2022, 10:13 AM   #5
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
This is such a stark contrast, between Fetterman, who never had a real job and was supported by his family most of his life, to Dr. Oz, a self-made man, a successful heart surgeon, who has won awards for medical inventions, also had a hit TV show which won 10 Emmy Awards, also has a syndicated column that's published in 175 newspapers, and has written 8 NY Times best-selling books.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2022, 12:06 PM   #6
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
But that's just fine with Democrats....they've seen how well it worked with Biden

Yes, we are the dumbest country on earth...again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB7VA-uP7BU
This is what Fetterman did for Braddock. According to his Wikipedia page.
Following his election, one of Fetterman's first acts was to set up a website for Braddock, which highlighted the town's mostly neglected and destroyed buildings.[27] As mayor, Fetterman initiated youth and art programs and worked to develop the town's abandoned buildings and improve the poor economy. With family money, Fetterman purchased the town's First Presbyterian Church, prior to demolition, for $50,000 and lived in the basement for several months.[28] The church was later turned into the town's community center.[27] He later purchased an adjacent warehouse for $2,000, placed two shipping containers on the roof for extra living space and moved in.[19] Other programs included converting vacant lots into parks and gardens, building the town's first public basketball court, and establishing a two-acre organic urban farm, worked by teenagers of the Braddock Youth Project.[29][30] In order to help fund programs, Fetterman established relationships with local non-profit organizations, Allegheny County's economic development program, and then-county executive Dan Onorato.[30] For example, Fetterman helped secure a $400,000 grant from the Heinz Foundation towards the building of a green roof, which provided 100 summer construction jobs for local youth.[31]

Fetterman pitched Braddock to those around the country as a place to move due to the town's low real estate prices.[27] The town's renaissance has attracted individuals from cities such as Chicago and Portland, Oregon, drawn by the potential for development and growth.[27] Inspired by Fetterman's call, a group of Brooklyn residents moved to Braddock and transformed an abandoned church into an art center.[8] However, the re-development of Braddock raised concerns about gentrification.[9][29] Despite Fetterman trying to attract new residents to Braddock, the population has continued to hover around 2,000 people and despite property being cheap, many of the homes are condemned or are uninhabitable.[32][33]

In 2013, Fetterman worked with celebrity chef Kevin Sousa to establish a restaurant in Braddock, which is something the town had lacked.[40] Fetterman bought a 3,000 square-foot building that was home to a former car dealership with the intention that it would be the site of the new restaurant, named "Superior Motors".[40] Funds to establish the restaurant were collected via Kickstarter, a crowdfunding platform.[40] Fetterman stated that Superior Motors would provide jobs for Braddock residents, serve as an economic accelerant for the community and "help people reimagine a space, a street, and a neighborhood".[40] The restaurant opened in 2017, but closed in 2021 amid the COVID-19 pandemic.[41] Mayor Chardaé Jones, Fetterman's successor, criticized the restaurant for closing after only a few years and having had received a Paycheck Protection Program loan for $190,000 in 2020.[41]

Fetterman's efforts to create youth-oriented programs, revitalize his town, and attract artists and other "creatives" to his community were featured in The New York Times.[33] An article about him, describing him as "America's coolest mayor", appeared on July 15, 2009, in The Guardian in the United Kingdom.[47]

Fetterman was the guest on the Colbert Report on February 25, 2009, discussing the economic difficulties his town faced due to a decreasing population, plummeting real estate values, and bankruptcy. He also questioned why funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 could not be used to support projects such as those in Braddock.[27] He appeared again on August 16, 2010, discussing what he had been doing and the town's partnership with Levi Strauss.

In 2010, Levi Strauss & Company donated money towards Braddock's revitalization and features the town in an advertising campaign and documentary produced by the Sundance Channel.[48][49]

On May 7, 2012, Fetterman was featured on A Day in the Life where he discusses his responsibilities and desires for Braddock, as well as his personal history and views.[50]

True, Fetterman did not bring back the steel mills, but nobody was going to do that. Also true that the current population is far below that of the steel mill days. But it has held steady for many years.

What he did do is improve the quality of life in the town by establishing social programs, parks and sports facilities.

Fetterman became mayor of Braddock out of genuine concern for the town and its residents. He did take money from his father to live on, but at the same time used used family money to buy an abandoned church and turn it into a community center.

Unlike Donald Trump who used his family fortune to scam more money for himself.
Old 09-08-2022, 03:57 PM   #7
CaptainObvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
You forgot world class snake oil salesman.
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2022, 04:06 PM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
You forgot world class snake oil salesman.

I haven't watched Dr.Oz much, but I agree he will push things that don't have any scientific proof behind them, but often he isn't profiting from it. As a person who suffers from chronic life long pain the snake oil salesman pushing help cures backed by false testimonials really get on my nerves. They seem to get around the legal system. I would like to see the Omega XL guy thrown off a roof.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2022, 05:26 PM   #9
TJDave

Neither candidate is worthy of a vote.
Old 09-08-2022, 07:14 PM   #10
CaptainObvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I haven't watched Dr.Oz much, but I agree he will push things that don't have any scientific proof behind them, but often he isn't profiting from it. As a person who suffers from chronic life long pain the snake oil salesman pushing help cures backed by false testimonials really get on my nerves. They seem to get around the legal system. I would like to see the Omega XL guy thrown off a roof.
Nor have I, but I know only a rat would swindle desperate people.

Where do you get that he doesn’t profit often from it? I remember reading somewhere he’s compensated handsomely for it.
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2022, 10:39 PM   #11
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
Nor have I, but I know only a rat would swindle desperate people.

Where do you get that he doesn’t profit often from it? I remember reading somewhere he’s compensated handsomely for it.

I haven't watched him in quite a while, maybe what he pushes has changed, where he profits. I tuned him out quite a while ago. I agree with you.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2022, 07:27 AM   #12
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Oz wasn't affiliated with any supplement company. He simply talked about supplements on his TV show, just as he talked about medications, etc. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that. I take some supplements that have helped me a lot.

There are other doctors, like a few from The Doctor's show, which do actually promote certain supplments through commericials. Also someone like Dr. Mercola, who came out with his own overpriced supplements. Oz doesn't sell supplements or vitamins.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2022, 08:04 AM   #13
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Unlike Donald Trump who used his family fortune to scam more money for himself.
You just can't help yourself, can you?

The guy may have been an effective 'community organizer,' but that ain't Senate work.

But.....TRUMP!.........

rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: