Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 04-17-2021, 12:21 PM   #1
Teach

Freehold: Saturday, April17

Race One:

1 I Am the Cowboy would appear to be “the horse.” No lead-pipe cinch; yet very much “a player.’ Austin Siegelman for Vince Stallworth. Others: 3, 2, 7.

Race Two:

1 Intrigue Intended gets my tepid nod based on the fact that he gets both post position relief and the services of Jim Marohn, Jr. Others: 5, 4, 3.

Race Three:

6 King Cast is my choice in this amateur trot. This Mike Posner trainee has faced better. Todd Whitney is a capable reinsman. Can he upset this field? Others: 1, 5, 2.

Race Four:

2 Candell is my selection in this fourth-race pace. This Bettor’s Delight-bred faced much better in his last at Yonkers. He fits well in this field. Eric Abbatiello, “E.A., He’s in The Game,” drives for trainer David Wiskow. Others: 1, 3, 4.

Race Five:

4 Shoemaker Hanover. Driver John Calabrese won last night’s GSY amateur race at the Meadowlands with his patient drive. I believe Calabrese can prevail this afternoon at Freehold Raceway. Tracy Tarantino owns and trains this Cantab Hall-bred. Others: 2, 7, 3.

Race Six:

1 It’s Too Much
gets both post and class relief. Austin Siegelman is in the bike for trainer Allie Reynolds. Others: 2, 3, 4

Race Seven:

I’m going to try to spring the mild upset with 3 LindyTheFourteenth. This Somebreachsomewhere-bred could do little at Philly from a tough post. He now draws inside. Jim Marohn Jr. for Kubi Erzene. Others: 1, 6, 4.

Race Eight:

3 Statesman N was hindered in his last at the Big M with an outside starting post; he now draws much better. He has the services of one of Freehold’s leading drivers, Austin Siegelman. “Yogi” Sheridan trains and owns this 14-year-old Christian Cullen-bred pacer. Others: 1, 2, 8.

Race Nine:

8 Dreamfair Charro reeled off a sterling 1:52.4 in last Freehold race two weeks ago. Despite the outside post and the week off, I believe this Bettor’s Delight-bred can prevail. Jim Marohn Jr. is in the sulky for trainer Kat Adams. Others: 4, 2, 6.

Race Ten:

3 Sluggem N gets my call. This 10 YO Christian Cullen-bred got “hung out to dry” as a 3-to-5 shot in last week’s race. A clean trip would do wonders. Austin Siegelman is in the seat for owner-trainer Mike Terpolilli. Others: 1, 2, 4.

Race Eleven:

1 Major Marcus draws much better and fits well with this group. This Art Major-bred should benefit from his inside starting post. Jack Pelling reprises the drive for trainer-owner John Urbanski. Others: 3, 4, 8.

Race Twelve:

In the finale, I’m going to cast my lot with a M/L long-shot. I’m talkin’ about 2 SomethingInTheWind. This 12-year-old Three Olives-bred finally draws inside in what I see as a wide-open race. Years ago, this Cambest-bred stopped the tele-timer at Pocono in 1:49. I don’t expect anything like that, especially on half-mile track, but this guy has a degree of back-class. Eric Abbatiello is in the bike for trainer Julius Czermann Jr. Others: 1, 4, 6

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: