Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-01-2021, 12:43 AM   #61
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
So you are defending people dying from Covid with smoking kills as many people.Very classy.
I'm saying your drama-queen-like use of "dropping like flies" indicates you only care about people who die from COVID.

people "drop like flies" from a host of other ailments and conditions, and you couldn't care less, because it's NOT politically advantageous.

So really, who is the classy one around here?

I've read news reports lately where the reporter is just so STRUGGLING to put into perspective the 500,000 US Citizens who have died from COVID, as if it's some ASTRONOMICAL never-before-seen number of DEAD PEOPLE from ONE KILLER.

I say it's easy. Just tell everyone the same number of Americans die EVERY YEAR from smoking. And I can still buy cigarettes on almost any street corner in the US.

So really, stop the bullshit. We don't actually CARE about dead people here in the USA.

We ONLY care about them if they die from something politicians can take advantage of....

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-01-2021 at 12:45 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 02:54 AM   #62
davew

Quote:
It's called the CDC.
please post a link to your number
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 07:42 AM   #63
lamboguy

no doubt about it, the statue of Trump didn't look to much like him. how come they had to go to Mexico to make it?

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-he-made-it-in
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 07:51 AM   #64
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
did you get that from some fake news source?
Quote:
It's called the CDC.
So dave was right.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 07:54 AM   #65
MargieRose

Quote:
FYI this election incited passion on both sides. That's why the count was so high for both sides. Thask is correct, most liberals did not care for Biden. I didn't, neither did my liberal friends. But Biden was looked at as the adult challenger vs the child in chief.

Trump's biggest mistake was trying to sweep the Covid under the rug in order to get reelected. Instead Covid swept him out of office.

1/2 million people dead from Covid on Trump's watch and you expect him to get reelected?

What makes conservatives think he would win the popular vote now when more Americans died on Trump's watch than WW1, WW2, Vietnam and 911 put together.

You really expected people to think that he deserves reelection by making America Covid death central by setting the example of not wearing a mask? This foolishness is why he lost the election.Nobody had to steal it from him.

As far as the "steal" nobody mentions that Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 as well. He was far less likely to win the popular vote in 2020 with his Covid is like the "cold" rhetoric while people dropped dead like flies.

File your complaint with God. Heaven is getting crowded.
As far as the "steal," how do you explain that 7+ million more people voted for Trump in 2020 than in 2016, even during the midst of this China virus pandemic? Don't you remember that winning the popular vote has nothing to do with winning a presidential election? The targeted 'swing states,' you know, the ones where an abundance of actual voter fraud was exposed, make all the difference.

The China virus deaths are on Biden's watch now; over one month into his presidency...517,000, currently, and growing. How many more months into HIS presidency will all of the new deaths still be Trump's fault? To date, how satisfied are you with Biden's handling of the issue? How about the potential virus spread because of the asinine newly instituted open-border policy/debacle, to start? Is there anything that YOU plan on doing to help your boy with that situation?

You're thinking with a very narrow mind, and are obviously a product of the MSM propaganda.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 07:56 AM   #66
MargieRose

Why I'm so glad to be Right!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 08:24 AM   #67
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Yes...Biden got more votes than Obama. Which means that the American voters hated Trump more than they hated McCain and Romney. The Biden votes weren't "pro-Biden". They were anti-TRUMP.
Yeah, that's why Trump can draw huge crowds wherever he goes and Joe Dementia can draw only a tiny fraction thereof. Only in a liberal's mind does this gel with what you just wrote.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:30 AM   #68
boxcar

Quote:
FYI this election incited passion on both sides. That's why the count was so high for both sides. Thask is correct, most liberals did not care for Biden. I didn't, neither did my liberal friends. But Biden was looked at as the adult challenger vs the child in chief.

Trump's biggest mistake was trying to sweep the Covid under the rug in order to get reelected. Instead Covid swept him out of office.

1/2 million people dead from Covid on Trump's watch and you expect him to get reelected?

What makes conservatives think he would win the popular vote now when more Americans died on Trump's watch than WW1, WW2, Vietnam and 911 put together.

You really expected people to think that he deserves reelection by making America Covid death central by setting the example of not wearing a mask? This foolishness is why he lost the election.Nobody had to steal it from him.

As far as the "steal" nobody mentions that Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 as well. He was far less likely to win the popular vote in 2020 with his Covid is like the "cold" rhetoric while people dropped dead like flies.

File your complaint with God. Heaven is getting crowded.
Yeah...but you're sweeping under the rug the good news: Flu cases in the U.S. way, way down...lowest in decades under Trump's watch. That's cause for celebration in my book.

You also sweep under the rug that states are in control on how to respond to covid. Liberal states ain't doin' so swell. In fact, Commiefornia's numbers, in spite of its fascist lock down policies, are on par with Florida's. Go figure.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:32 AM   #69
boxcar

Quote:
So you are defending people dying from Covid with smoking kills as many people.Very classy.
Your beloved fascist government could eliminate all deaths from smoking just by outlawing tobacco. Much, much easier than outlawing viruses.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:25 AM   #70
Rohirrim
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I'm saying your drama-queen-like use of "dropping like flies" indicates you only care about people who die from COVID.

people "drop like flies" from a host of other ailments and conditions, and you couldn't care less, because it's NOT politically advantageous.

So really, who is the classy one around here?

I've read news reports lately where the reporter is just so STRUGGLING to put into perspective the 500,000 US Citizens who have died from COVID, as if it's some ASTRONOMICAL never-before-seen number of DEAD PEOPLE from ONE KILLER.

I say it's easy. Just tell everyone the same number of Americans die EVERY YEAR from smoking. And I can still buy cigarettes on almost any street corner in the US.

So really, stop the bullshit. We don't actually CARE about dead people here in the USA.

We ONLY care about them if they die from something politicians can take advantage of....
You've made this argument before, and it really does deserve a hallowed place in the defensive argument hall of fame

You're literally making the argument: who really cares about Covid deaths because people die of other things too.

That's your argument. How ****ing crazy is that

Hey poster, you're only bringing up Covid deaths cuz you're being political, not cuz you actually give a shit or are suggesting that other people give a shit.

Because people die of other things and I don't see you posting about tobacco or car crashes or leukemia. So you're not fooling anyone!

Such a bizarre defensive stretch. Not to mention it's an outright projection of where you're coming from in terms of empathy, or lack of it.

Downright embarrassing.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 10:42 AM   #71
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Yeah, that's why Trump can draw huge crowds wherever he goes and Joe Dementia can draw only a tiny fraction thereof. Only in a liberal's mind does this gel with what you just wrote.
Your math is obviously racist as hell thats why they dont gel. I mean what else could it be.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:57 AM   #72
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
You've made this argument before, and it really does deserve a hallowed place in the defensive argument hall of fame

You're literally making the argument: who really cares about Covid deaths because people die of other things too.

That's your argument. How ****ing crazy is that

Hey poster, you're only bringing up Covid deaths cuz you're being political, not cuz you actually give a shit or are suggesting that other people give a shit.

Because people die of other things and I don't see you posting about tobacco or car crashes or leukemia. So you're not fooling anyone!

Such a bizarre defensive stretch. Not to mention it's an outright projection of where you're coming from in terms of empathy, or lack of it.

Downright embarrassing.
he got you, that was direct quotes from gov Cuomo Emmy award winning interview with his brother on CNN
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 11:07 AM   #73
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Your math is obviously racist as hell thats why they dont gel. I mean what else could it be.
You might be on to something. I think I'll send the numbers to the NAACP for their vaunted opinion.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:09 PM   #74
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
no doubt about it, the statue of Trump didn't look to much like him. how come they had to go to Mexico to make it?

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-he-made-it-in
It was a “Bob’s Big Boy” statue that someone found and painted.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2021, 12:21 PM   #75
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
It was a “Bob’s Big Boy” statue that someone found and painted.
EXACTLY...I knew there was a strong resemblance!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: