Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 04-14-2021, 08:19 PM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Friday, April 16

20 Cent Pick 5

Race One:

After much perusal and scrutiny, after much hemming and hawing, I’ve landed -- ever-so-softly -- on the “rail-horse,” 1 Gold Medal Swan. Please keep in mind that “the Swan” went off at 2-to-5 in this company last week, he finished 4th. Thus, my admitted trepidation. In fact, if you’re betting the 20 cent Pick 5, I would counsel that you consider “spreading around” your picks. There are just too many “unknowns” in this field. I do take some measure confidence in the fact that “Buckeye,” the Hall-of-Famer, Dave Miller, is staying on-board. Mark Silva trains. This 8 YO does, once again, draw the pylons. The question remains: Can he make amends? Take a deep breath… This guy’s capable. It’s possible. Yet everything has to work out just right. Again, I would recommend that you consider “buying insurance.” Others: 3 Marveloustrix; 4 Possess the Stone; 5 Masster Blue.

Race Two:

In this 3 YO trotting race I’ve landed on the horse with the impeccable breeding, 5 Imhatra Am S. If this Swedish-bred bay filly can trot as well as her lineage suggests, she should win. Her qualifier was a good one. She trotted out the final panel in 27.2. This gal’s pilot is “The White Knight,” Brian Sears. Her trainer is Marcus Melander. I believe that if this young trotter minds her manners, she’s most capable of getting her picture taken. Yet I will say that I am backing up this top choice. Others: 4 Preacher Man; 7 One Trix Pony; 2 Swan Hill.

Race Three:

I’m gonna give 5 Bebop On The Block another chance. This Delaware-bred got “cooked” in his last. I believe this 4 YO is capable of doing much better. This Gamblers Dream-bred has faced better. I believe the mid-pack starting post aids and abets his chances. Dave Miller is in the bike for trainer Jason Robinson. Others: 4 Sharknado; 3 Pirates Alley; 7 Closing Bell.

Race Four:

4 Kanziesky Hanover gets both post and class-relief. Years ago, Elvis Presley sang a song entitled: “It’s Now or Never.” That would appear to sum up this guy’s situation, this evening. This may well be his best chance to get his picture taken for some time to come. I, for one, hope he takes advantage of this golden opportunity. This 6 YO also retains the services of “The Captain,” Corey Callahan. Jeff Cullipher trains this Cantab Hall-bred trotter. Others: 3 What Chapter; 2 Sortie; 5 Icingon De Cupcake.

Race Five:

In the final leg of the 20 cent Pick 5, a GSY Series amateur pace, my selection is: 1 Master Conrad. This Somebeachsomewhere-bred won his last in the excellent time of 1:53-flat. This gelding’s pilot is the most capable reinsman, John Calabrese. Stacy Chiodo trains. Let me say that as much as I like my top pick, I’m going to hedge by “buying insurance.” Some of the others I’m considering are: 2 Rockin Panda; 3 Watchmeneighneigh; 4 Ideal Tyson A.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2021, 06:42 AM   #2
Teach

Race Six:

The Australian rock band, AC/DC, had a song called “Are You Ready?” That’s what I’m askin’ here in this Meadowlands sixth race about 2 Beautiful Game. If this well-bred lass is ready, I believe it will be “Katy Bar the Door!” Last October, as a freshman, this filly reeled off a 1:54.1 at Lexington’s Red Mile. She came right back one month later at 46-1 with a 1:54 at “The Big M” when this Muscle Hill-bred bay filly finished 3rd to Anoka Hanover. What I like here is the progression: a qualifier, another (improving) qualifier, and what I believe will be: Buda Bing! All I feel that is needed is for this Donato Hanover-bred to mind her manners. The man from Bathurst, Australia, Andrew McCarthy, is in the bike for trainer Nifty Norman. Others: 1 Shinkansan; 3 Vitani As; 5 Circle of Life As

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 04-15-2021, 07:07 AM   #3
Teach

Race Seven:

I don’t know what’s goin’ on with “The Princess”? She certainly hasn’t lived up to expectations. She “sneaks” into this race based on her TM rating. If she’s reasonably ready, this would appear to be her “spot.” At this juncture you’ve likely deduced that my tepid choice is 3 VH Princess Brea. What boggles my mind… What addles my brain…is that this Big Bad John-bred bay mare turned in a 1:50.4 at Dover last year. Speaking about 2020, this gal won nearly half of her races. Not too shabby! The potential exists. The question remains: Will it be realized with picture-taking time in the “Big M’s” winner’s circle? This mare’s connections have switched to the Aussie, Todd McCarthy. Edwin Quevedo trains this American Ideal-bred. Others: 1 Chuppah On; 7 Arnie’s Angel; 2 Tyronbettorsella N.

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 04-15-2021, 07:22 AM   #4
Teach

Race Eight:

I’m gonna take a “walk on the wild side” with my pick in this the eighth race. My choice here is the M/L medium long-shot. 8 Pantheon Hanover. This race may just set up for this guy’s closing kick. In his favor this Somebeachsomewhere-bred has faced better. Marcus Miller is this Camluck-bred’s pilot. Edwin Quevedo trains. Others: 4 Ideal Son; 1 TJ Blast; 6 Bettor NotBitter A

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 04-15-2021, 07:43 AM   #5
Teach

Race Nine:

3 Pappy Rocks gets my tepid call in what I see as a wide-open race (Need I say, consider buying some “Farmer’s,” i.e., “insurance.”) This 5 YO mare reeled off three-straight before finishing 4th in last week’s Western Showgirl race. Was the air too “rarefied”? Was it “A Bridge Too Far?” Or, was it simply a “bump in the road?” That is the question. No “Bionic Man,” Tim Tetrick; it’ll be “The White Knight,” Brian Sears, at the controls. I would look for Sears to have this Dragon Again-bred forwardly placed. Bill Rhoades trains this Ohio-bred. Others: 5 So Nice Hanover; 4 Windmeupandwatchmego; 6 Gottalovemyshadow.

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 04-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #6
Teach

Race Ten:

She’s had two 2021 pari-mutuel starts and two 2nd-place finishes to show for it. I ask: “Is her third start, this evening, ‘the charm’?” I'm talkin' about 5 Stephanie Deo. One would have to think that this gal is primed to have her picture taken. Yet, in all fairness, she’s no lead-pipe cinch. Having said all that, she does figure to be right there at the wire. Scotty Z will need to time his move, perfectly. You can tell I’m ‘betwixt and between.’ This is far from a “walk-over.” Noel Daley trains this American Ideal-bred 4 YO mare. Others: 3 Staycation Hanover; 1 Sweet Britches; 4 Ruby on Rails.

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 04-15-2021, 09:00 AM   #7
Teach

Race Eleven:

3 Shadow Moon is my selection. This 6 YO black gelding has won two-straight down-the-road at Freehold. This Shadow Play-bred’s most recent effort was a solid wire-to-wire win that was timed out in 1:56.4. This Lewis Nunes-trained pacer can certainly lower that mark on the “Big M’s” mile-oval. Frankly, it’s usually a handicapping challenge to figure out how a horse will do who’s been racing on a half-mile track, i.e., Freehold who then switches to “the big track,” i.e., the Meadowlands. Yet I believe this guy is “a contendah.” To add to his luster he has the services of “DD,” Dexter Dunn. That should enhance his chances of gracing the “Big M’s” winning circle. Do we hear “Riding Shotgun”? Others: 5 Star of Terror; 1 Trick Card; 4 Sterling Ensign.

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 04-15-2021, 09:09 AM   #8
Teach

Race Twelve:

I’m gonna give 8 Moon Doggie another chance. I don’t know what happened last week when this 7 YO Six of Diamonds-bred went off at 7-to-5 only to fade in the stretch; he ended up finishing 5th. Yes, he does draw outside (that concerns). Yet, I believe he can overcome that starting post. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised to see Simon Allard have this guy out and going when the starter’s car’s wings retract. Williams Hernandez trains. Others: 1 Bettor BB; 3 Sossy’s King Kong; 5 Gotta Go B B

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 04-15-2021, 09:13 AM   #9
Teach

Race Thirteen:

9 Western Redhot
8 Big Sweep Osborne
4 Gaius Crastinus
5 Final Justice
3 Whatstroublnurocky

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 04-16-2021, 08:14 PM   #10
Boomer

Absolutely Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach View Post
20 Cent Pick 5

Race One:

After much perusal and scrutiny, after much hemming and hawing, I’ve landed -- ever-so-softly -- on the “rail-horse,” 1 Gold Medal Swan. Please keep in mind that “the Swan” went off at 2-to-5 in this company last week, he finished 4th. Thus, my admitted trepidation. In fact, if you’re betting the 20 cent Pick 5, I would counsel that you consider “spreading around” your picks. There are just too many “unknowns” in this field. I do take some measure confidence in the fact that “Buckeye,” the Hall-of-Famer, Dave Miller, is staying on-board. Mark Silva trains. This 8 YO does, once again, draw the pylons. The question remains: Can he make amends? Take a deep breath… This guy’s capable. It’s possible. Yet everything has to work out just right. Again, I would recommend that you consider “buying insurance.” Others: 3 Marveloustrix; 4 Possess the Stone; 5 Masster Blue.

Race Two:

In this 3 YO trotting race I’ve landed on the horse with the impeccable breeding, 5 Imhatra Am S. If this Swedish-bred bay filly can trot as well as her lineage suggests, she should win. Her qualifier was a good one. She trotted out the final panel in 27.2. This gal’s pilot is “The White Knight,” Brian Sears. Her trainer is Marcus Melander. I believe that if this young trotter minds her manners, she’s most capable of getting her picture taken. Yet I will say that I am backing up this top choice. Others: 4 Preacher Man; 7 One Trix Pony; 2 Swan Hill.

Race Three:

I’m gonna give 5 Bebop On The Block another chance. This Delaware-bred got “cooked” in his last. I believe this 4 YO is capable of doing much better. This Gamblers Dream-bred has faced better. I believe the mid-pack starting post aids and abets his chances. Dave Miller is in the bike for trainer Jason Robinson. Others: 4 Sharknado; 3 Pirates Alley; 7 Closing Bell.

Race Four:

4 Kanziesky Hanover gets both post and class-relief. Years ago, Elvis Presley sang a song entitled: “It’s Now or Never.” That would appear to sum up this guy’s situation, this evening. This may well be his best chance to get his picture taken for some time to come. I, for one, hope he takes advantage of this golden opportunity. This 6 YO also retains the services of “The Captain,” Corey Callahan. Jeff Cullipher trains this Cantab Hall-bred trotter. Others: 3 What Chapter; 2 Sortie; 5 Icingon De Cupcake.

Race Five:

In the final leg of the 20 cent Pick 5, a GSY Series amateur pace, my selection is: 1 Master Conrad. This Somebeachsomewhere-bred won his last in the excellent time of 1:53-flat. This gelding’s pilot is the most capable reinsman, John Calabrese. Stacy Chiodo trains. Let me say that as much as I like my top pick, I’m going to hedge by “buying insurance.” Some of the others I’m considering are: 2 Rockin Panda; 3 Watchmeneighneigh; 4 Ideal Tyson A.

Great job TEACH!
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: