Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 02-16-2021, 05:06 PM   #8791
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyscpa View Post
I liked the use of the asterisks. Did that signify that the information might not be accurate?
no question these numbers have never been right. the reported cases were grossly over reported until about 3 weeks ago when the threshold for testing was changed. but there were always people that had the virus that never got tested for it. also the deaths which were more accurate represented people that were infected with corona but would have died from something else anyway even if they didn't have the corona.

any way the numbers did prove a trend one way or the other. i started posting these numbers last March and now i plan to be done with them this march. by that time the cases will be less than 5000 a day and the deaths should be under 1000 by then.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2021, 06:42 PM   #8792
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
no question these numbers have never been right. the reported cases were grossly over reported until about 3 weeks ago when the threshold for testing was changed. but there were always people that had the virus that never got tested for it. also the deaths which were more accurate represented people that were infected with corona but would have died from something else anyway even if they didn't have the corona.

any way the numbers did prove a trend one way or the other. i started posting these numbers last March and now i plan to be done with them this march. by that time the cases will be less than 5000 a day and the deaths should be under 1000 by then.
those new 'variants' the dim governors and big school unions are worried about have been shown to be 50% more deadly
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2021, 11:18 PM   #8793
lamboguy

Quote:
for Monday, February 15, 2021

53,000 cases

1000 deaths
for Tuesday, February 16, 2021

63,000 cases

1800 deaths
Old 02-17-2021, 09:45 PM   #8794
lamboguy

Quote:
for Tuesday, February 16, 2021

63,000 cases

1800 deaths
for Wednesday, February 17, 2021

72,000 cases

2500 deaths
Old 02-17-2021, 10:42 PM   #8795
AndyC

Quote:

72,000 cases

2500 deaths

Can you provide some demographics along with your death count?
Old 02-18-2021, 04:58 AM   #8796
davew

roughly a third of the troops do NOT want the vaccine. I wonder if the media campaign last fall saying since Trump was involved it can not be good has much to do with it?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/one-th...omXsfHQPeWqcuI
Old 02-18-2021, 05:51 AM   #8797
davew

Biden advisor can't explain why California not doing better than Florida ....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-Florida.html
Old 02-18-2021, 06:42 AM   #8798
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Can you provide some demographics along with your death count?
i don't get that at all, but from most people they will tell you that deaths are disproportionately higher in older people.

they are probably even higher than being reported. Cuomo is getting his ass in trouble for not reporting the right numbers of deaths from people in nursing homes. the investigations are finding upwards of 15,000 extra deaths in that category. its probably way more than that and it could have happened in other states as well. that's probably why you always heard the question "where are the deaths"? well this is proving out to be that the deaths did happen, they just weren't reported correctly! i knew something was wrong because a cop friend of mine was telling me that people were dropping like flies in the nursing homes in my area and they weren't being reported as corona deaths. now everything is being reported as a corona.

i have been stressing that the numbers that i report are probably very bogus. they only show trends one way or the other. over the last month there has been a drastic decline in cases. i have no idea if these numbers are real or not. and i have no idea what reasons they have for reporting fake numbers.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:30 PM   #8799
lamboguy

Quote:

72,000 cases

2500 deaths
for Thursday, February 18, 2021

69,000 cases

2800 deaths
Old 02-19-2021, 01:16 PM   #8800
classhandicapper

Herd Immunity on the way!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-ha...=hp_opin_pos_1
Old 02-19-2021, 04:36 PM   #8801
AndyC

Quote:
i don't get that at all, but from most people they will tell you that deaths are disproportionately higher in older people.

they are probably even higher than being reported. Cuomo is getting his ass in trouble for not reporting the right numbers of deaths from people in nursing homes. the investigations are finding upwards of 15,000 extra deaths in that category. its probably way more than that and it could have happened in other states as well. that's probably why you always heard the question "where are the deaths"? well this is proving out to be that the deaths did happen, they just weren't reported correctly! i knew something was wrong because a cop friend of mine was telling me that people were dropping like flies in the nursing homes in my area and they weren't being reported as corona deaths. now everything is being reported as a corona.

i have been stressing that the numbers that i report are probably very bogus. they only show trends one way or the other. over the last month there has been a drastic decline in cases. i have no idea if these numbers are real or not. and i have no idea what reasons they have for reporting fake numbers.

I am always interested in the context behind the numbers. The raw numbers on their face are scary as hell. When context is provided it allows for a more thoughtful conversation as to how to move forward.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:30 PM   #8802
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
I am always interested in the context behind the numbers. The raw numbers on their face are scary as hell. When context is provided it allows for a more thoughtful conversation as to how to move forward.
i already got vaccinate, but i have very little to lose by getting the vaccination. if i live 10 more years it would be like hitting the lottery, i already outlived my doctors predictions by 30 years and now i have out lived all the doctors that made that prediction...

this vaccine produces anti-bodies, but it doesn't have enough data backing it up to be giving it out now. in the end it may kill more people than have already died from this thing. if i was someone that was under 50, i would be rolling the dice and not get the vaccine right now, but maybe in a few years.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:57 PM   #8803
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Quote:
Covid cases have dropped 77% in six weeks. Experts should level with the public about the good news.
Shocked I tells ya....shocked that cases have dropped so precipitously after the election.

What a ****ing coincidence...

All working as I predicted long ago.
Old 02-19-2021, 08:06 PM   #8804
thaskalos

And then we have some people here who dare downplay Biden's early presidential accomplishments. As if reducing the coronavirus cases by 77% in only a month isn't enough.
Old 02-19-2021, 08:53 PM   #8805
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
And then we have some people here who dare downplay Biden's early presidential accomplishments. As if reducing the coronavirus cases by 77% in only a month isn't enough.
You give the guy way too much credit, so far all he has done well is wake up in the morning.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: