Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-05-2008, 06:04 AM   #16
hcap

Another Straw for The Camel

To the The PA high-fivers Denial 24/7 Club. It's pretty clear the evidence of justification for invasion was at best exaggerated, and at worst downright manipulated.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...308_Page2.html

Book says White House ordered forgery
By MIKE ALLEN | 8/4/08 11:23 PM EST

A new book by the author Ron Suskind claims that the White House ordered the CIA to forge a back-dated, handwritten letter from the head of Iraqi intelligence to Saddam Hussein.

Suskind writes in “The Way of the World,” to be published Tuesday, that the alleged forgery – adamantly denied by the White House – was designed to portray a false link between Hussein’s regime and al Qaeda as a justification for the Iraq war.

The author also claims that the Bush administration had information from a top Iraqi intelligence official “that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq – intelligence they received in plenty of time to stop an invasion.”
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2008, 06:15 AM   #17
hcap

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_w...care_on_a.html

'After the Oct. 5, 2001, death from anthrax exposure of Sun photo editor Robert Stevens, [FBI Director Robert] Mueller was "beaten up" during President Bush's morning intelligence briefings for not producing proof the killer spores were the handiwork of terrorist mastermind Osama Bin Laden, according to a former aide. "They really wanted to blame somebody in the Middle East," the retired senior FBI official told The News.'

---------------------------------------------------------
"Friday the LA Times reported that the person who may have been to blame for the 2001 anthrax attacks apparently committed suicide. John McCain played an early role in the conservative effort to blame Iraq and lay the groundwork for a subsequent invasion.
If you can recall shortly after 9/11, many were pinning the blame for the anthrax attacks on Iraq. After the attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon, the anthrax letters - the first one sent on September 18, just one week after 9/11 – stoked the fear levels and helped to created the climate that has been prevalent in the United States for the past several years."

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/258150

' LETTERMAN: How are things going in Afghanistan now?

MCCAIN: I think we’re doing fine. I think we’ll do fine. The second phase - if I could just make one, very quickly - the second phase is Iraq. There is some indication, and I don’t have the conclusions, but some of this anthrax may - and I emphasize may - have come from Iraq.

LETTERMAN: Oh is that right?

MCCAIN: If that should be the case, that’s when some tough decisions are gonna have to be made. '
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #18
jcrabboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
I have yet to see any post of yours that even remotely resembles intelligent thought, Mr. "I'm thinking". I'm sure that if you ever get lucky and actually produce one, all fleas and ticks on the planet will know for sure that they can resume their rightful place at the bottom of the intelligence chain due to the loud cheers, applauds and accolades you'll receive here.

Boxcar
So Boxcar, I'm thinkin' you must be part of some great Conservative Intellectual Think Tank given to pompous pronouncements and personal attacks. No. Hmmm. Well then, I guess you must be a Stepford Republican full of lavish love for the Lame Duck.

Whatever. I bow to your obviously superior intellect and apologize for not having the same opinions as one so knowledgable as yourself.

I'll get back to you once I haul myself up from below the fleas and ticks. It's hell down here.

Don't forget your meds.

Jimmie
jcrabboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #19
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrabboy
So Boxcar, I'm thinkin' you must be part of some great Conservative Intellectual Think Tank
There you go trying to think again. But I am great compared to you lame libs on this forum. Nearly everything is relative, you know?

Quote:
No. Hmmm. Well then, I guess you must be a Stepford Republican full of lavish love for the Lame Duck

Wrong again. You'd be hard-pressed to find any posts on this forum wherein I gave any praise the "Duck". Credit for a couple of things, perhaps -- but a far cry from applause or praise. You know what they say about people who ASSume, yes?

Quote:
Whatever. I bow to your obviously superior intellect and apologize for not having the same opinions as one so knowledgable as yourself.
If you did that also on bended knee with lit candles at my altar, your humble apology is accepted. Now, I order you, sir, to repent of your liberal insanity and disgusting ways and turn to Conservative Principles and Ideals.

Quote:
I'll get back to you once I haul myself up from below the fleas and ticks. It's hell down here.

Yeah, I bet it is. But you have only yourself to blame, ya know?

Quote:
Don't forget your meds.
I plan on making a trip to the Mediterranean this Fall. I have no intentions of forgetting that.

Boxcar