Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 11-21-2016, 08:08 PM   #1
PowerUpPaynter

Future Pool 1

Good day,

Future pool 1 is hard to bet. The field will be the heavy favorite and rightfully so. The pool as a whole is very weak and now with Not This Time retiring the only real contender in the field who is head and shoulders above the rest (Classic Empire) will be less than 10-1 which is insane to take that bet at this point of the season. With the lack of horses that could be contenders at this point I wonder if we can see a horse break the 'unraced at 2' curse. I doubt we've seen the derby winner at this point yet.... Unless it Classic Empire but really how many years in a row are we going to see the early season chalk walk to the winner circle on the first Saturday in May? Ill bet against it, you can only flip a quarter and have it land on heads so many times in a row.

Thoughts?

Last edited by PowerUpPaynter; 11-21-2016 at 08:12 PM.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2016, 09:26 PM   #2
Bigadam119

I'm betting Running Mate. Price is right and the horse looks legitimate
Bigadam119 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2016, 01:22 PM   #3
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Irish War Cry is a bit interesting at 50/1.

Takaful at 30/1 runs in the G2 Remsen today as the 7/5 ML favorite.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2016, 11:00 PM   #4
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigadam119
I'm betting Running Mate. Price is right and the horse looks legitimate

Running Mate... hmm what u like about him?
Old 11-27-2016, 11:33 AM   #5
Bigadam119

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter
Running Mate... hmm what u like about him?
He's looked good in is two races so far. The one on Friday at FG was impressive. He won with ease but also looked super green. Hasn't run any distance yet, but his pedigree looks like it will carry him to 10 panels.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:25 PM   #6
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
He's looked good in is two races so far. The one on Friday at FG was impressive. He won with ease but also looked super green. Hasn't run any distance yet, but his pedigree looks like it will carry him to 10 panels.

My concern would be that he hasnt raced anyone of substance yet and those horses that come thru the Louisiana prep circuit never do anything. Very hard pool to be this year at least last year you could of got 11-1 of Nyquist who was in moy opinion more of a favorite at the same point than any horse this year.

anyone know what time the pool closes?
Old 11-27-2016, 02:12 PM   #7
horses4courses

Quote:
I believe that it closes at 6:00pm ET
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2016, 03:04 PM   #8
Spalding No!

Quote:
My concern would be that he hasnt raced anyone of substance yet and those horses that come thru the Louisiana prep circuit never do anything.
Risen Star, Hard Spun, Oxbow, Golden Soul, Gun Runner, Mucho Macho Man, Master Derby, Run Dusty Run, Palace Malice, Lawyer Ron, Keen Ice, Golden Act, Creme Fraiche, Grindstone, Captain Steve, More Than Ready, Funny Ride, Drosselmeyer, Nehro, Commanding Curve
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #9
Bigadam119

Quote:
My concern would be that he hasnt raced anyone of substance yet and those horses that come thru the Louisiana prep circuit never do anything. Very hard pool to be this year at least last year you could of got 11-1 of Nyquist who was in moy opinion more of a favorite at the same point than any horse this year.

Those are very valid points, but I believe he closed at 39-1. For those odds I thought he was worth a bet based on what we have seen so far.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:55 PM   #10
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Those are very valid points, but I believe he closed at 39-1. For those odds I thought he was worth a bet based on what we have seen so far.
i slapped a 20 on him just for the hell of it. but he ran a 70 something beyer yesterday down from his last race always like to see improving beyers and classic empire is running in the 100s already. Classic Empire is at least 10 lengths better than the next closest horse thus far with Not This Time retired. I guess that is why he closed at 6-1 in November!!! But I dont care how superior a horse looks, who is crazy enough to take that bet? Taking 6-1 on any horse in November is just batshit crazy.

Last edited by PowerUpPaynter; 11-27-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:45 PM   #11
Bigadam119

Quote:
i slapped a 20 on him just for the hell of it. but he ran a 70 something beyer yesterday down from his last race always like to see improving beyers and classic empire is running in the 100s already. Classic Empire is at least 10 lengths better than the next closest horse thus far with Not This Time retired. I guess that is why he closed at 6-1 in November!!! But I dont care how superior a horse looks, who is crazy enough to take that bet? Taking 6-1 on any horse in November is just batshit crazy.
I saw his Beyer was down, but he dominated those horses. Below is the link for the chart. We'll see what happens. He can't beat Classic Empire right now, but I feel as though he will improve with distance where as Classic Empire may not. I agree with you about 6-1, no way I'm taking that. Even if he is a 2-1 favorite on Derby Day I'd give up the 4 to know he'll be in the gate.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:59 PM   #12
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
I saw his Beyer was down, but he dominated those horses. Below is the link for the chart. We'll see what happens. He can't beat Classic Empire right now, but I feel as though he will improve with distance where as Classic Empire may not. I agree with you about 6-1, no way I'm taking that. Even if he is a 2-1 favorite on Derby Day I'd give up the 4 to know he'll be in the gate.

Classic Empire looks great and even if he runs the table and ends up the derby favorite how many years in a row if teh favorite gonna win the derby? Orb, Chrome, Pharoah, Nyquist... has 5 favorites in a row ever won the derby?
Old 11-29-2016, 09:02 PM   #13
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!
Risen Star, Hard Spun, Oxbow, Golden Soul, Gun Runner, Mucho Macho Man, Master Derby, Run Dusty Run, Palace Malice, Lawyer Ron, Keen Ice, Golden Act, Creme Fraiche, Grindstone, Captain Steve, More Than Ready, Funny Cide, Drosselmeyer, Nehro, Commanding Curve

OK, but besides them......
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2016, 04:23 PM   #14
PowerUpPaynter

so much for Running Mate... 3rd to a bunch of turds