Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-03-2017, 09:42 PM   #1
thespaah

Saranac Stakes timer issues

Was there anything said about the timing of this race?
Just looked at the replay. The timer was all FUBAR..
Reported time was 1:44.41
None of the fractions made a lick of sense.....The first two quarters were Standardbred times. 6f over 1:16.....meaning the winer ran the last 3.f in 28 seconds
SO I check the Trackus data....None to be seen.
I guess the comment in the PP line will say "Driving, timer broke"....LOL
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2017, 09:44 PM   #2
AltonKelsey
Veteran

trackus ALSO missing in action.

CJ must have hand timed it by now.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2017, 10:18 PM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
trackus ALSO missing in action.

CJ must have hand timed it by now.
I don't hand time, use video editing software. Plan on doing that one tomorrow or Tuesday. Spent spare time on Gulfstream timing issues today.

This stuff is usually addressed in the timing error thread that is pinned.

Last edited by cj; 09-03-2017 at 10:20 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #4
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Yes I'm well aware that's how you and any other hip player does it. Just using the generic term.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2017, 11:01 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
Yes I'm well aware that's how you and any other hip player does it. Just using the generic term.
I'm far, far from hip, just didn't want people getting the impression I'm sitting in front of a screen with a stop watch.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2017, 07:58 AM   #6
burnsy
self medicated

Here's the thing. That's been a problem for years up here. Its usually the inner but both courses have had problems. When they move (remove) the rail, its even worse. The guys on the OTB channel were saying they'll find a cure for cancer before it gets straightened out. If one has a hint of racing experience you can almost tell when there's a problem.......immediately. The time is off by that much. The jockeys are supposed learn how to judge the time on their own and the horse does not have a clue. That's a bigger problem, the jockeys don't master time like they used to, constantly getting burned by a slow or fast pace. As a bettor you can use that to your advantage if you can bring yourself to admit the track has bias. In most of those turf races, I could care less what the time is..........I'm trying to figure out who the first four or five will be, off of the PP's., because somewhere in there is the eventual winner with this speed bias. And if there's lone speed left alone, many times its a done deal. They are at least going to place. That simple!

People over think this and make it complicated, you find grass horses on the front or near the front here.....its just an obvious thing to take advantage of. Been that way for years. Dry weather, hard course. They water it at night, I even drive by to see which nights they do it. Doesn't matter, by noon the next day, if it hasn't rained, its sunny, its breezy, those courses are hard and fast. Yesterday was the first real rain in over 10 days. This is upstate NY, not California.

The first couple weeks, when the turf courses were still rather fair, I was getting killed. O for the first 4 days. The last few weeks.....cha ching! Not splitting atoms here. Half the time I ignore that timer.....I've known for years its not accurate.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2017, 10:51 AM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I'm far, far from hip, just didn't want people getting the impression I'm sitting in front of a screen with a stop watch.
It would still be an improvement over some tracks out there!
Old 09-04-2017, 10:56 AM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
People over think this and make it complicated, you find grass horses on the front or near the front here.....its just an obvious thing to take advantage of.
Except when you get a horse who has never seen the lead before the stretch call, and that only once, takes the lead an d wire the field while several horse would decent early speed are 5,6, lengths back and sitting chilly the entire race.

More than the timers are not right at Saratoga. NYRA racing can MA.