Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 12-30-2018, 02:54 AM   #301
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson721 View Post
SO what you are saying is if you don't like it, SHUT UP and go elsewhere. You must have gotten your training in the racing industry where customer service is something to ignore. It has done wonders for the sport over the last 50 years hasn't it!
I didn't say shut up. But I did say go elsewhere. Taking your money elsewhere is the STRONGEST statement a customer can make, IMO.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:19 AM   #302
Spicemaster

molson721, if you want to PM me your account number I'll have someone call you to figure it out.
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #303
davew

Here are a couple suggestions I have

1- after a race on a track is over, automatically go to the next race rather than results. I have to get to the next race manually by the 'pull down' menu .. which is cumbersome later on in the card

2- make 'pools' and 'probables' start in the hide mode. I have frequently gotten the 'site is not responding due to long running script' prompt when trying to make a bet. The platform does not let me see all of this stuff on the same screen anayway, if I want it I can hit the unhide button to see it.

I run with laptop and the screen size is not gigantic.
It is too bad that it is so difficult to make a bet with all of the drop-down menus... I passed on todays make a 100 bet promotion because of the difficulty placing bets.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2018, 04:31 PM   #304
Spicemaster

davew, thanks for the feedback I will definitely pass along.

Regarding #1 on the old interfaces I believe one has to click on something to advance to the next race with them too.

If you set up your favorite tracks on the new site and change the Up Next section in the bottom left hand corner to Favorites, you can advance to the next race without having to use the drop-down menu. You'll also see the old-style tote board there as well.

Regarding #2 - I'm not sure where that's going to break. There are probably just as many people that like seeing the pool and probables info so I'm not sure if they will default to hiding it. However you are not alone on that suggestion.

I'm used to using Classic so I'm used to the drop-downs. One has to click wager, th use a drop down to even select race with it. The new site saves those two steps.

If you are used to Express there aren't drop downs, but one has to select next for each step of the wager and choose something for each step so I don't really find it more cumbersome, but respect your opinion.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:04 PM   #305
JohnGalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I didn't say shut up. But I did say go elsewhere. Taking your money elsewhere is the STRONGEST statement a customer can make, IMO.
I've been a salesman for 40 years, and one thing I've learned it is easier to keep a customer than to get them back if they leave.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2019, 06:26 AM   #306
Hosshead
It's A Photo-Ying & Yang

These (unusable for me) interface changes came from the top.
And I will definitely NOT use this interface.

TS customers and employees are having this shoved down their throats,
with no hope of getting the old interface back, while complaints fall on deaf ears.
Do you think TS could ever admit a HUGE MISTAKE ? ... No Way !

I was VERY Happy with the old interface.
But with THAT permanently gone, PA is right, the only way to voice your feelings is just walk,
and IMO not give TS another thought.

It's Time to get up off that begging knee, ......
withdraw your money, .. and simply walk, ...or RUN .. to a better ADW !
This one sucks !

______

Last edited by Hosshead; 01-04-2019 at 06:31 AM.
Hosshead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2019, 01:48 PM   #307
Robert Fischer
clean money

Been trying the new interface.

I like it a lot, in some ways.

Although easier in some ways to bet a race, it's more system intensive with the laptop, so it's lagging when punching combinations, which is not good.
Screen also shifts up as things load while you're trying to punch.

screen shift and slow load leads to a mis-punch, and then unclicking the mispunch which lags etc...

Just saved me $8 while getting shut out for fighting the lag and punching/unpunching... I guess that's a good thing.

switching back to 'TV' interface preference where the wagering is less system intensive.

I really need to purchase a high speed ibook pro or similar, where I can have closer to 'instantaneous' response when I push a button. Maybe then the new interface will be preferred.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 01-06-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2019, 11:01 AM   #308
Otis11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
I really need to purchase a high speed ibook pro or similar, where I can have closer to 'instantaneous' response when I push a button. Maybe then the new interface will be preferred.
For what it's worth.... I just switched to a Chromebook. If you do not need to load any specific Windows or MAC based applications you should look into this. If all you do is web driven activity, a Chromebook may be what you need and will save you a LOT of money over an iBook or Windows based laptop.
Otis11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2019, 02:15 PM   #309
Cholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis11 View Post
For what it's worth.... I just switched to a Chromebook. If you do not need to load any specific Windows or MAC based applications you should look into this. If all you do is web driven activity, a Chromebook may be what you need and will save you a LOT of money over an iBook or Windows based laptop.
don't want to get too far off everyone's favorite topic of bashing Churchill/TwinSpires, but second the Otis' (were you with the Knights at one time, by chance?) emotion on Chromebook. Six years ago I paid $200 for a basic Chromebook and it's still going strong. No hard-drive and few parts to wear out, Google handles (for free!) all the security you need re: malware & viruses, and you get Google Docs & Spreadsheets--again, for free. They may not be quite as spiffy as Office, but the price is right!
Cholly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2019, 10:42 AM   #310
Ray2000
Apple 2GS Wiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It is quite true that those who are happy tend NOT to post about it...it's the unhappy people who are the LOUDEST...

I think if people aren't happy with the way things are, walk away. .....

Just walked away, The interface is horrible, the rewards are almost non-existant and when I tried to bet the Meadows this AM the tote service was down.

Hello TVG.....thanks for C note
Bret Harte
Ray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #311
mikesal57
Veteran

nice going today TS...

Cant place any bets on Classic
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2019, 05:08 PM   #312
acorn54

if using chrome browser go to upper right on the 3 dots and flag browsing history
on the left side of the screen should be "browsing history"
clear browsing history for x amount time, i did "always" setting.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2019, 05:50 PM   #313
Zydeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
nice going today TS...

Cant place any bets on Classic
Same here.
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2019, 05:56 PM   #314
Zydeco

Takes it on the new interface but not on classic. Spent $2 to see. If classic is gone, so am I.
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2019, 07:02 PM   #315
Spicemaster

I've been using the new interface, but checked it out tonight on my PC at home. I was able to place a wager on classic using chrome with no problem. Immediately canceled it and had no issues with that either.

If you are having an issue you should call in and talk to Tech Support.