Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-09-2018, 01:06 AM   #16
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
If I knew how the rep power thingy worked I'd give you 1000 pts for that post
Thanks, ElKabong. I don't get too many high fives around these parts.

I can see Alabama fans feeling like they hit the lottery tonight. And that's fine, of course. It's just that Alabama doesn't need to even bother buying lottery tickets. They win enough without tonight's Hail Mary being answered too. (shrug)
Old 01-09-2018, 01:10 AM   #17
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
Thanks, ElKabong. I don't get too many high fives around these parts.

I can see Alabama fans feeling like they hit the lottery tonight. And that's fine, of course. It's just that Alabama doesn't need to even bother buying lottery tickets. They win enough without tonight's Hail Mary being answered too. (shrug)
Well you may never get a high five from me but you are spot on here stinky. It was a Hail Mary. I believe Georgia played a great game and deserved the win.

Their QB is a freshman, or is it now named something different?, but IMO they will be very dangerous for all from here on out.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 02:10 AM   #18
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
A true freshman six months ago was trying to get laid at the senior prom, now he's playing for a national championship in front of 80,000 screaming fans and millions on national TV.And golfers gripe about someone coughing.

You're right about the commercial breaks, though.You have to wonder if that contributed to some of the listless play, with the teams standing around for so long.
Twelve months ago he (most top recruits) were being offered cash, cars, any girl on a campus visit he wanted to bang, a job for his coach and or parents if needed.

Kids nowadays are recruited along with their posse. "come play for enormous state university, and we can set you and your eight homies up off campus in a nice upscale apartment. Women are on the house, free clothing at selected / connected stores near campus, free food at restaurants with the same set up. Oh and you need a sweet ride? We will set you up with that (see the big red auto set up at Oklahoma ten years ago for the textbook example).

These kids aren't hayseeds off a truck from the high school prom. Far from it. Fromm choked. Plain and simple. The Alabama kicker almost one upped him, but alas....
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 06:31 AM   #19
lamboguy

special thanks

to Reckless for giving out Georgia as a living lock. it was nice to wake up to a win this morning and if not for him i would have never bet.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 09:20 AM   #20
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Bills should be talking the Bama kicker.....he fts their offense nicely.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:25 AM   #21
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
The discipline by UA players has been atrocious. Between the thug that said "F" Trump in the tunnel to the consistent mistakes. The dogs have maintained their composure and deserve to win.
If the bama coach had any integrity at all, which he apparently does not, the POS player would have gone back to the locker, got dressed and left the stadium immediately.

And never played on the team again.

This jerk is ideally suite to play in the National Thug League.
Hope his career is very short. Very short.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:40 AM   #22
zico20

Sabban is a genius. How many other coaches would have put in a freshman who has not played a meaningful down all season. If Jalen stays in the game Alabama most likely gets shut out.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:13 AM   #23
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Sabban is a genius. How many other coaches would have put in a freshman who has not played a meaningful down all season. If Jalen stays in the game Alabama most likely gets shut out.
as I stated in another post I wasn't for either one winning but yes the move to put in one of the most highly recruited out of high school QBs was a smart one. This kid just needs to go to class get decent grades and await the draft. The kid had nerves of steel....
Old 01-09-2018, 11:10 AM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
If the bama coach had any integrity at all, which he apparently does not, the POS player would have gone back to the locker, got dressed and left the stadium immediately.

And never played on the team again.

This jerk is ideally suite to play in the National Thug League.
Hope his career is very short. Very short.

Probably would have if it was a white player who yelled "F-Obama" a couple years ago. Major double standard on what is tolerated.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 11:25 AM   #25
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
to Reckless for giving out Georgia as a living lock. it was nice to wake up to a win this morning and if not for him i would have never bet.
Thanks lambo ...

Yes, I bet Georgia and won that ... but, I thought the game wasn't great at all. Yes the finish was cool, the two young QBs etc. and all. But there were too many dropped passes, too many stupid penalties, too many times --mostly Georgia players-- where a defensive back wouldn't really tackle, just cross hip the runner trying to knock them to the ground. No tackling for crissakes! Softies deserve to lose, in football and in life.

I did think I'd lose the bet a few times but never more so than on the last play of regulation. Here, while cheering for Georgia, I wanted the Bama kicker to end the game in regulation with a FG. But when he missed, I was now sure Bama was going win by 6 in OT by scoring a TD first time up.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #26
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Thanks lambo ...

Yes, I bet Georgia and won that ... but, I thought the game wasn't great at all. Yes the finish was cool, the two young QBs etc. and all. But there were too many dropped passes, too many stupid penalties, too many times --mostly Georgia players-- where a defensive back wouldn't really tackle, just cross hip the runner trying to knock them to the ground. No tackling for crissakes! Softies deserve to lose, in football and in life.

I did think I'd lose the bet a few times but never more so than on the last play of regulation. Here, while cheering for Georgia, I wanted the Bama kicker to end the game in regulation with a FG. But when he missed, I was now sure Bama was going win by 6 in OT by scoring a TD first time up.
As a Georgia fan you should be upset over the two non calls, the facemask right in front of the ref who made several nice calls for Alabama and the tackle of Georgia's qb then the Alabama player pushed his head after the whistle. But how quick were the officials to rule side line interference two times which had no bearing on the play at all.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:04 PM   #27
mikeb

Why do you think the " zebras" have deep pockets?
mikeb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 03:09 PM   #28
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
Why do you think the " zebras" have deep pockets?
yep...
Old 01-09-2018, 04:51 PM   #29
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Thanks lambo ...

What no one has mentioned is that missed field goal at the end of regulation caused the game to go over on the over/under. It was 46 points, had he made it the game would have ended 23-20 and it would have been under instead of over.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:58 PM   #30
delayjf

Quote:
This kid just needs to go to class get decent grades and await the draft. The kid had nerves of steel....
He had guys open long all night and finally hit one. He will have a great career because he plays at UA, which has more talent than anybody. He will never play in a game where UA is not favored to win. He will probably sign with Cleveland because they will get fooled again into believing that the skills and numbers he put up in college will transfer into the NFL. Once in the NFL He will soon learn that unlike in college football, NFL defenses will not allow him 5 - 7 seconds to read and throw in a pocket with a 3-5 yard cushion. The same will happen to Baker Mayfield. The NFL is a whole new cat.

I don't know what that cornerback was thinking to just let that receiver run right by him.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply