Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-01-2018, 07:34 PM   #46
ElKabong

uga still has a shot, just need to do what they do best. They threw 17 times, ran 11 from what I saw. Played upside down, almost in panic. They need to stick to their knitting and run. Be more physical

ou is the worst / weakest final four team I've seen since the cfp was instituted,, but their coach is out classing kirby.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 07:46 PM   #47
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

ou is the worst / weakest final four team I've seen since the cfp was instituted
Um no. Michigan State in 15 was a real joke and FSU in 14 wasn't much better.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2018, 07:53 PM   #48
ElKabong

ah, now there's the Ou defense we've come to know!

all uga needed to do was play their game,, offensively. If they don't shit the bed on defense (again) from here out, they'll be ok.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #49
ElKabong

now that Mayfield has coughed up the lead, it'll be interesting to see if he and Riley can recover. They've really backed up since the half
Old 01-01-2018, 08:57 PM   #50
ElKabong

overtime... Mayfield had a chance on 3rd and 2, missed Anderson who had a step on his guy. Would have been the defining play in regulation with a fg opportunity
Old 01-02-2018, 12:24 AM   #51
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post

Either way, Roll Tide!!!!
SEC Championship again!!!!:head banger:
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2018, 12:59 AM   #52
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
SEC Championship again!!!!:head banger:
A very nice feather in sec's cap... But the rest of the conference went 2-5 in their bowls
Old 01-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #53
onefast99

Quote:
A very nice feather in sec's cap... But the rest of the conference went 2-5 in their bowls
I'm not an SEC fan by any stretch but you mentioned 2-5 in other bowls, some were not even worth watching. The true measuring stick here is Georgia and Alabama get to match up in a bowl game every team aspires to be in once spring practice begins! Since Georgia had the tougher of the two games(my opinion)I would like to see them beat Bama. 35-23 Georgia...
Old 01-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #54
ElKabong

True about getting to the final, but strength from top to bottom has been sec's calling card for the past decade or so. I've been saying this year that's not the case. The big ten is best in terms of depth. It's a quality, competitive conference. That does count for something imho, and it's big

Just watched Lane Kiffen on ESPN / first take, some interesting comments

.. He picked ou to beat UGA, then said he didn't know Oklahoma's defense was that bad as it is. (Not sure how he missed that glaring fact)

... He said ou had a much better chance vs Bama than UGA. UGA plays to Alabama's strength with their power running game. From his time in Alabama, Saban didn't like to prepare vs teams like ou

...he was asked why Alabama was so good, Kiffen replied that every game Alabama plays, Alabama has far better players than those across the field coupled with the coaching they receive. The talent is a cut above and then some (check recruiting rankings the past six years, no one else is close)

.. On the issue and difference of where he is now vs Usc, he said he liked it where he is. Said there might be 80,000 watching a usc game and half the people know the name of the head coach. In the south, an eight year old girl you walk by knows who you are if you coach....(I chuckled. He wasn't being critical in nature, just answered the question)
Old 01-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #55
onefast99

Quote:
True about getting to the final, but strength from top to bottom has been sec's calling card for the past decade or so. I've been saying this year that's not the case. The big ten is best in terms of depth. It's a quality, competitive conference. That does count for something imho, and it's big

.. He picked ou to beat UGA, then said he didn't know Oklahoma's defense was that bad as it is. (Not sure how he missed that glaring fact)

... He said ou had a much better chance vs Bama than UGA. UGA plays to Alabama's strength with their power running game. From his time in Alabama, Saban didn't like to prepare vs teams like ou

...he was asked why Alabama was so good, Kiffen replied that every game Alabama plays, Alabama has far better players than those across the field coupled with the coaching they receive. The talent is a cut above and then some (check recruiting rankings the past six years, no one else is close)

.. On the issue and difference of where he is now vs Usc, he said he liked it where he is. Said there might be 80,000 watching a usc game and half the people know the name of the head coach. In the south, an eight year old girl you walk by knows who you are if you coach....(I chuckled. He wasn't being critical in nature, just answered the question)
He made some good points. Alabama is a college town where football is the biggest thing and only thing going from spring practice through New Years Day. Their fans travel, they eat, sleep and drink Bama football. Now last year Clemson derailed the mighty Bama train, Georgia knows them and this could be another year Bama feels the pressure of the big game and caves in. Yesterday Clemson felt it, Bama had no pressure on them and once they got the lead the game was well in hand!
Old 01-02-2018, 03:09 PM   #56
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

All in all, some very good games.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:43 PM   #57
elysiantraveller

Quote:

The Sooners would have been a tougher match-up for Bama. Bama has a hard time against top flight QB's and that was the difference last year. UGA can certainly win this game but its going to be an ugly in the trenches type game. The Sooners would have had no problem hanging points on them and forcing Bama's offense out of their typical game plan.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 10:32 PM   #58
reckless
Veteran

I don't know what the line is but Georgia is a lead-pipe cinch to defeat Alabama next Monday -- so getting points means nothing to me.

The Dawgs will punish Alabama inside and on defense and will simply dominate the game on both sides of the ball.

Just hope that the sports 'journalists' keep pounding the table to remind everyone that Nick Saban has never lost to a former assistant coach of his. That alone will be enough poison taken by those that like Alabama, and it will be their undoing.

I repeat: Georgia is a cinch to win the National Championship on Monday.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-03-2018, 11:12 PM   #59
ElKabong

ESPN radio stated the opening was Bama minus 6. ( I cannot link to confirm) Knock yourself out.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:07 AM   #60
NJ Stinks

Line is down to 4 and even 3.5 at Westgate Superbook.

Looks like Reckless is playing with both fists!