Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #16
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Last I checked, the bum in Pittsburgh is headed to the HOF, and it's not close. So your hate and sarcasm is noted.
i don't have any hate for this guy, but i can promise you Pete Rose will be in the Baseball Hall of Fame before this guy gets into the Football Hall, and i don't think Pete Rose gets in while he is still alive.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2017, 01:52 PM   #17
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
I give the edge to New England if both teams bring their 'A' game.

In regards to Big Ben, he seems like he is feeling good. Been a few times that he has looked downfield, given a pump fake, and then ran the ball for several yards.

I like Pittsburgh and considering my abysmal record picking the NFL this year that is so bad I will be called a liar if I state it, you have a very high chance of being correct.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2017, 06:18 PM   #18
Teach

Does anyone want to put up some hard numbers? I’m going to. My prediction: Steelers 38, Patriots 28. Last I looked, the line was still Patriots +3. I thought I saw the over/under at 53. Personally (one man’s opinion), I believe that the “over” is a lock.

Why? Both team have high-powered offenses and relatively porous defenses. The Steelers most definitely miss Ryan Shazier; the Patriots will sorely miss Alan Branch. I believe there will a significant number of touchdowns and field goals. I also believe the Steelers will gain a big advantage by playing at home. Heinz Field should be rocking. Steelers’ fans have been looking ahead to this game for weeks. Unless the Patriots can take the Steelers fans out of the game early with some quick scores, the Pittsburgh fans become the “12th Man”. By the way, the winds swirl around Heinz as much or more so than most any other NFL field. Advantage: Pittsburgh.

Further, I also read that there is a possibility of light rain in the Pittsburgh area during the late afternoon. I believe that also can work to Pittsburgh’s advantage. Remember Deflate-gate. Of the two quarterbacks, I believe Tom Brady will have a tougher time throwing a wet ball. Also, the grass may become slippery (more so than on artificial turf). If you have Achilles tendon issues, it will make it that much more difficult to plant and throw.

Don’t you think the Steelers coaching staff carefully watched the game films of the Patriots loss to Miami. I’m sure they’re taking notes of the variety of zone blitzes the Dolphins threw up against the Patriots. I still wonder if the Patriots win over the Bills was their “high-water mark”.

Moreover, I also think there is a Steelers revenge factor. The Patriots, over the years, by and large, have had their way with the Steelers. Is this come-uppance time?

I also believe it will be difficult to control both Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell (Bell was injured last year).

Any thoughts?

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2017, 06:38 PM   #19
ldiatone

first if j. bettis is in the hall of fame.... big ben will get in before rose. 2 super bowls and some good numbers. plus a long career.

well NE 34-4(or so) after a loss. the stiilers have a tough time with pass defense. but offense can score more points as the stillers have 4 players who can make a difference. l bell-a brown-m bryant- and this new kid ju ju. if Joe Haden plays -?- then the pass defense will b better. bur if NE wins then we have to to NE and meet them in the playoffs. that is the important game. of if the stiilers win welll home field advantage
and also this:

Attached Images
File Type: png terrable towle.PNG (112.1 KB, 3 views)

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2017, 10:51 AM   #20
Secondbest

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...R/RoetBe00.htm
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #21
burnsy
self medicated

I kind of think the entire AFC is a little weak this year. As for Big Ben.......Yeah, he's not HOF material. . Give me a break, look at his stats and record. He only threw for over 500 yards last week and just torched the Patriots for 182 in a freaking half. 15-19, 2 TD's!

Give me a break he's making New England look stupid. And New England is in trouble this year.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2017, 07:04 PM   #22
jay68802

2 Min left and a 5 pt lead.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2017, 07:23 PM   #23
ldiatone

tough call and loss
OBTW romo stated on the air "future hall of Famer Ben Roethlisberger"

Old 12-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #24
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i love seeing the Pats lose, not exactly my favorite team. but they had a bad game against the fish. we as humans have good days and bad ones. The Steelers have an excellent squad except for their quarterback and their coach is no bargain either. The Steelers will find a way to lose at home in my opinion.
as advertised, they followed the expected script. if you layed the points you only push, but the good news is this, should they meet up again in the playoffs, that game will never be close. if the Steeler's can't get the job done today against this banged up squad, they will get killed when the real money is on the line.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2017, 07:40 PM   #25
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone View Post
tough call and loss
Its asinine to say otherwise. Neither team is good at defense.
Old 12-17-2017, 07:42 PM   #26
ldiatone

Quote:
tough call and loss
i also think there was some questionable play calling by the coaches with just under 4mins when the steelers had the ball. some pass routes/plays were working but 1st play a run for small yardage. thats haley.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:02 PM   #27
Teach

What a game! It was the Steelers to win…and they lost. First, if anything did the Steelers in and helped the Patriots, it was the Brady-to-Gronkowski combination. They were incredible down the stretch. But all that would have been for naught if the Steelers had come back to score in the closing minute.

Further, I believe the loss of Antonio Brown in the first half was critical. He’s definitely one of “Big Ben’s” weapons. No doubt…the Steelers had their chances. A chance to intercept on the first pass of the Patriots winning drive (Brady comes right back and hits “Gronk” near midfield).

But a tremendous catch-and-run after the ensuing kickoff (the play started out so innocently; it was almost as if I was watching it in slow-motion) by JuJu Smith-Schuster. At that moment, I thought, at the very least, this games goes into OT.

And when Jesse James scored what looked the winning TD, I figure Steelers win and beat the spread.

In fact, when I saw the replay, I thought that possibly Jesse James’ knee touched the ground before the ball crossed the goal-line plane. Then, I noticed that the ball had come loose when he fell into the end-zone. Incomplete! A collective sigh of relief back in New England.

When it was over, the whole thing had me shaking my head. All I could think of was that “Tom Terrific” had pulled another rabbit out of his hat…or should I say his helmet.

As a postscript, I couldn’t believe the number of empty seats at Heinz Field. If the game had been played at Gillette, the place would have been packed.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2017, 08:44 PM   #28
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
i also think there was some questionable play calling by the coaches with just under 4mins when the steelers had the ball. some pass routes/plays were working but 1st play a run for small yardage. thats haley.
True, but it was sloppy on both sides. Not just your point which is right. they single cover Gronk even on the two point conversion and the Pats give up that play which should of cost them the game. The only team in the AFC that plays defense is the Jags. In all reality, that game was sloppy at the end by both teams. If this is the best the AFC has, look out for the Super Bowl. Cause that won't cut it against some of the other leagues teams.

It wasn't a great game, tons of mistakes, it was exciting, but neither team played that well on defense. Both of these teams have been erratic all year, its easy to see how they have good records when you look at their schedules. Neither team will win the big one with performances like this.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #29
Robert Fischer
clean money

Unless James was bobbling the ball (he wasn't), that ruling was a good example of inexperience and/or incompetence on both the rule-makers and the reviewers.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:18 PM   #30
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
True, but it was sloppy on both sides. Not just your point which is right. they single cover Gronk even on the two point conversion and the Pats give up that play which should of cost them the game. The only team in the AFC that plays defense is the Jags. In all reality, that game was sloppy at the end by both teams. If this is the best the AFC has, look out for the Super Bowl. Cause that won't cut it against some of the other leagues teams.

It wasn't a great game, tons of mistakes, it was exciting, but neither team played that well on defense. Both of these teams have been erratic all year, its easy to see how they have good records when you look at their schedules. Neither team will win the big one with performances like this.
Agree about the Jaguars. Best defense in NFL. Defense wins on championship Sunday.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: