Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-12-2017, 01:08 PM   #16
Valuist

QB play in general keeps going down and will only get worse as veterans like Brady, Roethlisberger, Rivers and Brees retire. I have to agree with the assertion the spread offense, used by so many college teams, slows the development process of quarterbacks.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2017, 06:12 PM   #17
proximity

the colts were a complete embarrassment and the bad part is it's not just one or two things..... it was almost everything.

every single aspect of the coaching was bad. talent evaluation (tolzien over morris), preparation (again), game planning (challenging the strength of the rams secondary), game management (not challenging what should have been a td and instead RUSHING the next play). then after the game chuck congratulates the 49ers!!

eleven new starters (vontae davis was out) on defense but this defense could be worse than last years. 30 points to the rams who were DEAD LAST last year in both ypg and ppg!!
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #18
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Houston at Cincinnati tonight .Only Week 2 and we already have a candidate for Fugly game of the year. The Bungles are 6 point favorites over Louseton with the O/U at 37 1/2.I'll take both Cincy and the over.Both teams got bitch slapped on Sunday but at least Cincinnati got bitch slapped by a good team. Texans coach Bill O'Brien must have made a prop bet he'd be the first coach fired because he seems to be in semi-panic mode.He benches the QB, Tom Savage at halftime after insisting all thru training camp Savage would be the starter, then goes back & forth about who starts tonight despite Dashaun Watson having some ankle issues.

I can easily see this game becoming one sided even though it seems close on paper, a 31-13 like result.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #19
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I'm thinking Dalton will find ways to keep it closer than that.
rastajenk is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2017, 05:23 PM   #20
Valuist

Two very bad offensive lines. Hard to see this game getting to 44 points, unless special teams or defense contributes at least one TD.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:20 PM   #21
BetHorses!

I made the Bengals -5 so I took +6 just to watch but I don't wanna watch
Old 09-15-2017, 03:03 PM   #22
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetHorses! View Post
I made the Bengals -5 so I took +6 just to watch but I don't wanna watch
I missed the first 3 quarters and I don't think I missed much. The Indians game was much more exciting.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:46 PM   #23
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
After seeing the Colts, Giants, Bengals and Texans.....its official. Colin Kaepernick is Black Balled. Those Qb's were everything but deceased or maybe they were.

At this rate there may be many an under out there!...

There seems to be a plethora of shaky offenses and QB play. Some of it is outright offensive. In this day and age there's also no getting around a shitty "O" Line either. So add Seattle to the list, I thought Russell Wilson was going to get his head torn off.
CK sucks!!!!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #24
BetHorses!

3 plays

Jax +1
Pack +3
Lions +3
Old 09-18-2017, 09:39 AM   #25
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Los Angeles was without an NFL team for 23 years and there didn't seem to be many people clamoring for it to return.And based on this weekend's games, that still seems to be true.The Chargers playing in a 27,000 seat soccer stadium could only sell 25,000 tickets for their return to LA (The Chargers played their first season in 1960 in the old AFL in Los Angeles) and the Rams after demolishing the Colts in Week 1 and playing a better team in week 2 ,the Redskins,had lower attendance than week 1.The combined attendance for both games was less than USC-Texas drew on Saturday.

Maybe there was too much football there this weekend.But the NFL must be regretting the decision to allow the Chargers to move to Los Angeles.There's barely enough support for one team.I know the Colesium is old as dirt and in a crap neighborhood but after the novelty of the new stadium wears off, I think one of those teams in time will be heading out of town again.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:42 PM   #26
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Los Angeles was without an NFL team for 23 years and there didn't seem to be many people clamoring for it to return.And based on this weekend's games, that still seems to be true.The Chargers playing in a 27,000 seat soccer stadium could only sell 25,000 tickets for their return to LA (The Chargers played their first season in 1960 in the old AFL in Los Angeles) and the Rams after demolishing the Colts in Week 1 and playing a better team in week 2 ,the Redskins,had lower attendance than week 1.The combined attendance for both games was less than USC-Texas drew on Saturday.

Maybe there was too much football there this weekend.But the NFL must be regretting the decision to allow the Chargers to move to Los Angeles.There's barely enough support for one team.I know the Colesium is old as dirt and in a crap neighborhood but after the novelty of the new stadium wears off, I think one of those teams in time will be heading out of town again.
LA has two teams and the most popular team there is still the Raiders.

The situation for the Chargers is embarrassing for the lead.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:23 PM   #27
barahona44

MNF is the Lions playing my Giants.The O/U is 41 1/2 which I find a little light considering Detroit is the kind of streaky team that can score in bunches.Also I'm big on bounce back games by good teams which I think the Giants are.That was an atrocious performance by Big Blue on offense last week against Dallas.Even if Odell Beckham doesn't play again tonight, there should still be improvement.With the line at New York by 3, I will take the Giants and the over.

Old 09-21-2017, 01:30 AM   #28
BetHorses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetHorses! View Post
3 plays

Jax +1
Pack +3
Lions +3
1-2

2-2 YTD
Old 09-21-2017, 08:07 PM   #29
barahona44

Tonight's NFL clash features two of the weaker teams in the leauge, the Rams and 49ers.Every team is required to play at least one Thursday game ,although for some reason the Jaguars were given an exemption this year, probably a combo of no national following and their willingness to play one of the London games year after year.That means there will be crap games and the NFL Network gets to televise them (Jets-Bills in a few weeks!).

The Rams are definitely the better team of the 2 but I think they have played above their young heads the last two weeks so I'm going to go with San Francisco (+ 2 1/2) and the under (39 1/2).

Thursday night YTD. 2-2

Old 09-22-2017, 12:56 AM   #30
barahona44

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Tonight's NFL clash features two of the weaker teams in the leauge, the Rams and 49ers.Every team is required to play at least one Thursday game ,although for some reason the Jaguars were given an exemption this year, probably a combo of no national following and their willingness to play one of the London games year after year.That means there will be crap games and the NFL Network gets to televise them (Jets-Bills in a few weeks!).

The Rams are definitely the better team of the 2 but I think they have played above their young heads the last two weeks so I'm going to go with San Francisco (+ 2 1/2) and the under (39 1/2).

Thursday night YTD. 2-2
What I thought was going to be a tedious affair turned out to be one of the best regular season games I have seen in a long time.It looks like Kyle Shanahan learned his lesson from the Super Bowl when his second half play calling involving needless pass plays instead of trusting the running game resulted in the Falcons blowing the Super Bowl. On 2 different drives, SF had first and goal inside the 5 and both times, they ran 4 straight power running plays that ended in touchdowns.There were several turnovers which led to points and even some vertical passing instead of dink-and-dunk.In other words, everything I love about the NFL but which has been missing for awhile.
The Rams are probably a year away from playoff contention but they look pretty competitive.

And it also helped that the 49ers final minute TD allowed me to cover.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: