Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 07-24-2017, 06:52 PM   #1126
ldiatone

Dumoulin, Penguins agree to six-year contract
Defenseman's deal has average annual value of $4.1 million

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2017, 03:14 PM   #1127
HoofedInTheChest

Dan Noble, director of athlete performance at the Hill Academy and trainer of Mitch Marner, joined Dave and Matt Cauz to discuss Marner’s underrated strength, his NHL potential and how smaller players are thriving in the league.

“Even now, when he comes in to train, I think people don’t even recognize him. They see this kid walk off the street and into the gym and people are like, “He looks familiar, but there’s no way that guy plays in the NHL.” The one thing I tell people about Mitch is people underestimate how strong he is. He is probably, pound for pound, one of the strongest players in the NHL. I know people might argue with me about that and might think that’s crazy, but the kid is 170 pounds bouncing back and forth and can back squat 400 pounds parallel and has incredible body control.”

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/noble-...e-nhl-1.813992

He's 170 lbs soaking wet and he back squats 400 lbs. Sweet Jesus
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2017, 11:35 PM   #1128
MutuelClerk

Hoofed, i'll be checking out Joseph Woll and Timothy Liljegren in the next week at the Summer Showcase. Hope to give a positive report. I should get my Vegas bets this weekend too. Find out the prices on my three future bets.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2017, 11:25 AM   #1129
HoofedInTheChest

I saw Liljegren at the prospect camp, i won’t spoil the surprise for you.

I believe Eemeli Rasanen will be there as well with the Finns.

Enjoy the tournament, wish i could be there.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:30 PM   #1130
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
I saw Liljegren at the prospect camp, i won’t spoil the surprise for you.

I believe Eemeli Rasanen will be there as well with the Finns.

Enjoy the tournament, wish i could be there.
Saw two games today. USA has a split squad they played Finland and Sweden. I really enjoy this event. Arena holds about 3500 people. There is maybe 300 people there. 200 of them hockey geeks like myself. The other 100 NHL elite, scouts, coaches, GM's. The cost of two games with very talented young players? Five bucks. Babcock was there. Between games was able to talk to him for five minutes or so. Kyle Dubas Asst GM was there too. No one really recognized him. I talked even longer with him. Best five bucks I ever spent. Going back Wednesday, hopefully Thursday and Saturday after the Hambo. Hockey Nirvana.

Nearly got hit by a puck. Started to put my hands up to catch it, luckily realized as it rapidly approached me, I'm old (59) this could break my hand(s). Lowered my hands last second. It cracked the seat right next to me. Glanced off the back of my shoulder, stung a bit. Turned to find the puck and someone else already had it. Can't wait for Wednesday...lol
Old 07-30-2017, 11:33 PM   #1131
oughtoh

Sounds like alot of fun. Enjoy it
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2017, 11:36 PM   #1132
MutuelClerk

Liljegren played okay today ( Sunday). Babcock said he was the best player on the ice Saturday. He really likes this kid. Said he's an elite skater and is finally feeling better. Expects big things. Rasenan played well today i thought. He had the two biggest hits of the game and played well against Brady Tkachuk. I asked Babcock about him. He told me, wait about three years. When he gets to the NHL he will be a penalty killing, crossing checking prick to play against. Insight...lol.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:48 PM   #1133
HoofedInTheChest

That’s cool that you had the chance to talk with god, did the conversation sound something like this.....

“ Yeah well, obviously he’s a real gud kid, he comes from a gud gud family, very respectful, he was raised right. He’s an elite skater and he’s hard on the puck, he knows how to get after it, he does it the right way. He will need some time, but we believe he will be a real gud pro for us and grow into a gud gud man.”

My takeaway from the prospect camp is that Liljegren can really dance with the puck, he is an elite puck carrier and an incredibly smooth skater. He was really poised and didn’t look overwhelmed or out of place for such a young man. His zone entries and ability to navigate the blue line are a strong suit and good luck trying to beat him with speed on the outside. He also has a rocket of a shot, something we dearly need from the point.

Doug Gilmour was raving about Rasenan, and see’s a lot of upside with this kid.

In the last two years, we have drafted 4 defensemen that are 6’-7”, if one of them pans out we have hit a homerun.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:38 PM   #1134
ldiatone

from hockey Rumors: The Vegas Golden Knights are in a precarious situation. After drafting 30 players in this summer’s NHL expansion draft, the team is left with two goalies, thirteen forwards—and ten defensemen. They are clearly overloaded on the blue line, and common wisdom suggests that the team will part with at least two or three before the season starts. Who that may be, however, is unclear as the current defense corps does not contain a clear cut trade candidate.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:51 PM   #1135
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone View Post
from hockey Rumors: The Vegas Golden Knights are in a precarious situation. After drafting 30 players in this summer’s NHL expansion draft, the team is left with two goalies, thirteen forwards—and ten defensemen. They are clearly overloaded on the blue line, and common wisdom suggests that the team will part with at least two or three before the season starts. Who that may be, however, is unclear as the current defense corps does not contain a clear cut trade candidate.
There’s one defenseman that i want from Vegas, but i think that McPhee is asking for the moon in exchange, or the deal would have already happened by now.

There’s no shortage of teams looking for help on the back-end, but at what cost?

I think that Lou is playing the waiting game, the longer this drags out, the cheaper the price.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:34 PM   #1136
HoofedInTheChest

Great News!

TSN in Canada, and the NHL Network in the U.S. are televising the Summer Showcase in Plymouth, Michigan. The fun begins on Wednesday.

Wednesday, August 2

Canada vs Finland 1 p.m.

USA vs Sweden 4 p.m.

TSN 1 and NHL Network have both of these games live.

Friday, August 4

Sweden vs Canada 1 p.m.

Finland vs USA 4 p.m.

Both networks are covering both games live.

Saturday, August 5

Sweden vs Finland 4 p.m.

USA vs Canada 7 p.m.

NHL Network has both games live, but TSN is only showing the Sweden - Finland game live. USA - Canada is delayed to 11 p.m. on television.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:28 PM   #1137
ldiatone

Quote:
Great News!

TSN in Canada, and the NHL Network in the U.S. are televising the Summer Showcase in Plymouth, Michigan. The fun begins on Wednesday.

Wednesday, August 2

Canada vs Finland 1 p.m.

USA vs Sweden 4 p.m.

TSN 1 and NHL Network have both of these games live.

Friday, August 4

Sweden vs Canada 1 p.m.

Finland vs USA 4 p.m.

Both networks are covering both games live.

Saturday, August 5

Sweden vs Finland 4 p.m.

USA vs Canada 7 p.m.

NHL Network has both games live, but TSN is only showing the Sweden - Finland game live. USA - Canada is delayed to 11 p.m. on television.
East standard time??

Old 08-01-2017, 03:16 PM   #1138
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone View Post
East standard time??
Yes

http://www.usahockeyarena.com/
Old 08-01-2017, 04:35 PM   #1139
HoofedInTheChest

Pittsburgh Penguins at the Summer Showcase...

#30 Filip Gustavsson – Goalie – Sweden
Old 08-02-2017, 01:35 PM   #1140
ldiatone

Quote:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: