Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-11-2016, 12:27 AM   #106
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
As expected the debate crushed MNF . Lowest rating since ESPN took over the game.Second lowest was the week prior.Viewership down around 2 million a week from last year.
Don't forget Colt -Jags starts at 9:30 AM Sunday.
The overseas games have been nothing short of gross. A third tier soccer match in London is 5 times as exciting as the London games have been this year.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2016, 07:48 AM   #107
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

What? You weren't on the edge of your seat throughout a 5-quarter tie a couple weeks ago???
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2016, 08:01 AM   #108
Secondbest

Election is over. Sunday night is great matchup Seattle at NE. If that doesn't draw they have real problems.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2016, 01:50 PM   #109
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
What? You weren't on the edge of your seat throughout a 5-quarter tie a couple weeks ago???
My favorite team, my home team, a team touted as a serious Super Bpwl contender, was a participant in that game. I quit watching early in the 2nd half, peaked in now and again the remainder of the evening, and actually missed seeing both botched potential game winning field goals. Can you imagine living in Seattle, watching that entire game only to end with Hauschka missing that kick to end the game? Are you effin' kidding me?

GROSS
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #110
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Actually, since you mentioned the London games, I was referring to the one involving my home team, the Bengals. Which I skipped, in order to play golf. So yeah, the point's the same: the NFL does have a problem.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #111
woodtoo

Other than being the most boring sport on television its still pretty bad.
You want action packed exiting football turn on the CFL Edmonton Eskimos at Ottawa Redblacks snowstorm bowl.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2017, 03:04 PM   #112
Valuist

Does the NFL have a problem?

To quote Cosmo Kramer "oh it's got a big problem!"

Does anyone know what a catch is anymore? And some horrible officiating, not even counting the Steelers game. Look at the Byrd TD for Carolina, clearly landing on the end line and after the review, they overturn the (correct) call? The Cowboys getting a first down, when they clearly miss? Lots of problems for Roger G, the worst commissioner in sports.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2017, 03:54 PM   #113
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
Does the NFL have a problem?

To quote Cosmo Kramer "oh it's got a big problem!"

Does anyone know what a catch is anymore? And some horrible officiating, not even counting the Steelers game. Look at the Byrd TD for Carolina, clearly landing on the end line and after the review, they overturn the (correct) call? The Cowboys getting a first down, when they clearly miss? Lots of problems for Roger G, the worst commissioner in sports.
i have to give you plenty of credit for spotting the decline of this sport long before others here including myself.

when it comes to football, i am all ears to what you post.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2017, 04:36 PM   #114
Marshall Bennett

For a NFL referee to bring an index card in a game to measure for a 1st down is insulting to the entire league, and every fan that watches. You make a viable call with what you see and believe and go with it.
The game was decided with an index card. The moron should be FIRED.
Oh, and why wasn't a level used to insure the 1st down stick was perfectly straight? Geometry 101 says it certainly should.

Last edited by Marshall Bennett; 12-18-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #115
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
For a NFL referee to bring an index card in a game to measure for a 1st down is insulting to the entire league, and every fan that watches. You make a viable call with what you see and believe and go with it.
The game was decided with an index card. The moron should be FIRED.
Oh, and why wasn't a level used to insure the 1st down stick was perfectly straight? Geometry 101 says it certainly should.
you aren't even mentioning the people that are betting on these games! how would you feel if you have your rent money on this game and your bet is decided with an index card?
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply