Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:41 PM   #601
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
But how many of those arrive here in groups of thousands at one time?

If two people knock on your door and want entrance into your home, that's one thing. But if 10 x that number do and demand entry, you would certainly consider your home to be under invasion.
They aren't INVADERS!

They aren't grabbing little Paco and forcing their way past customs and border patrol agents carrying M4s...

I'm sorry but it isn't happening. It's the fearmongering kool aid that has you all locked into this they're "storming the gate" mentality.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 08:44 PM   #602
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

They aren't guests.
Unless YOU are taking some in for Thanksgiving.
How may can I put you down for?
Old 11-18-2018, 08:46 PM   #603
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
They aren't INVADERS!

They aren't grabbing little Paco and forcing their way past customs and border patrol agents carrying M4s...

I'm sorry but it isn't happening. It's the fearmongering kool aid that has you all locked into this they're "storming the gate" mentality.
https://goo.gl/images/KLV6zQ

Such peaceful entries just awaiting their turn at points of entry......
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 08:47 PM   #604
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post

pointless fear mongering??? Maybe you didn't see a very prominent Dem make a KKK and ICE comparison......
You inability to ever stay on topic speaks volumes.

My post above empowered ICE... you must have missed that.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:50 PM   #605
newtothegame

Quote:
You inability to ever stay on topic speaks volumes.

My post above empowered ICE... you must have missed that.
Problem is YOU don't matter. You mentioned fear mongering .....
Im only saying fear mongering is happening as you suggest. BY well placed and powerful Democrats.
Now I know you think that is off topic, however, I am not the one who brought top fear mongering......
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:09 PM   #606
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
They aren't guests.
Unless YOU are taking some in for Thanksgiving.
How may can I put you down for?
I dont have to take any in Tom because we already have laws in place for this sort of thing...

Same thing I've been saying since the start...

OR...

We could just turn them away.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:15 PM   #607
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I don't have to.
POTUS agrees with me, so does the Military.
The troops are there.
The game is on.

No one cares what YOU think about it.
Or anything, really, but specifically this.

Hey, you know, you could make a lot of money by alerting ranchers that their barn doors were open, after the horses ran off.
You seem perfect for that job!
For a guy who doesn't care you reply an awful lot to me.

Furthermore if you don't care what other people think why are you in a off-topic chat board?
Old 11-18-2018, 09:15 PM   #608
jimmyb

Locals in Tijuana want them gone.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/p...-leave-n937761
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 09:19 PM   #609
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Problem is YOU don't matter. You mentioned fear mongering .....
Im only saying fear mongering is happening as you suggest. BY well placed and powerful Democrats.
Now I know you think that is off topic, however, I am not the one who brought top fear mongering......
I was asked by a member what I thought and provided what I would do with immigration...

Since then you and Tom two of the worst contributors on here when it comes to positing nothing have jumped in to attack me.

The original poster thought my ideas were fine... hell Boxcar even did and we were having a discussion regarding our "enemy at the gate..."

But I do thank you for your non-contribution to this thread. Again I dont know tons of Dems who climb trees with Assault Rifles but whatever... if it makes you feel better.

My plan would empower ICE so obviously I dont agree with the KKK comparison but hey way to double down on a useless discussion path.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:21 PM   #610
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Yup...

They'll end up dispersing as they wait to file for asylum...
Old 11-18-2018, 09:40 PM   #611
MargieRose

Quote:
The people at the border are going to apply for asylum. The overwhelming majority will be denied. They will then either;

Return Home
Stay in Mexico
Try and sneak in

That's the problem with the language and US v Them fearmongering of this President. This is NOT a crises. This is NOT a invasion.

50,000 people are denied entry EVERY month.

Stop buying what a politician is selling you... particularly one with a, at best, nuanced relationship with the truth.
Most of the people will not be applying for asylum; most have said that they are coming for work...supposedly.

Of course, #1 and 2 will apply, for now...our military is there. #3 will apply, once the military is gone...business as usual.

You're sounding like someone who referred to ISIS as a "JV team." You know what that got us, don't ya? And before you go ballistic, I not comparing the 'caravan' people as a whole to terrorists, but that recent cop-shooter video sure did come to mind, along with many other deadly, illegal-immigrant crimes. The loss of just one more innocent American life by an illegal is not worth this ongoing madness.

And, I'm not buying what any politician is trying to sell; I'm seeing with my own eyes and hearing with my own ears...and THAT I'm buying!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 09:57 PM   #612
coachv30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Sorry, I got distracted. I'll get back to you as soon as I stop laughing at Trump's self-evaluation on Fox today.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ging-interview
Funniest part is that this guy threw the + in there....no room at all for improvement?
Old 11-18-2018, 10:05 PM   #613
newtothegame

Quote:
I was asked by a member what I thought and provided what I would do with immigration...

Since then you and Tom two of the worst contributors on here when it comes to positing nothing have jumped in to attack me.

The original poster thought my ideas were fine... hell Boxcar even did and we were having a discussion regarding our "enemy at the gate..."

But I do thank you for your non-contribution to this thread. Again I dont know tons of Dems who climb trees with Assault Rifles but whatever... if it makes you feel better.

My plan would empower ICE so obviously I dont agree with the KKK comparison but hey way to double down on MY useless discussion path.
Fixed that for you .....again, you're the one who brought up the "fear mongering".
My only point was that if you are going to use fear mongering against the right (as you did), then at least admit its on YOUR side as well (as I have shown).

As to my "non contribution", you are more than entitled to your opinions. And just as you think mine are "non" contributing, I am sure you are well aware of my thoughts on yours.....
governed.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:17 PM   #614
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Most of the people will not be applying for asylum; most have said that they are coming for work...supposedly.

Of course, #1 and 2 will apply, for now...our military is there. #3 will apply, once the military is gone...business as usual.

You're sounding like someone who referred to ISIS as a "JV team." You know what that got us, don't ya? And before you go ballistic, I not comparing the 'caravan' people as a whole to terrorists, but that recent cop-shooter video sure did come to mind, along with many other deadly, illegal-immigrant crimes. The loss of just one more innocent American life by an illegal is not worth this ongoing madness.

And, I'm not buying what any politician is trying to sell; I'm seeing with my own eyes and hearing with my own ears...and THAT I'm buying!
The military by actual law can't do anything.

Its optics.

Nothing more... nothing less.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:18 PM   #615
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Fixed that for you .....again, you're the one who brought up the "fear mongering".
My only point was that if you are going to use fear mongering against the right (as you did), then at least admit its on YOUR side as well (as I have shown).

As to my "non contribution", you are more than entitled to your opinions. And just as you think mine are "non" contributing, I am sure you are well aware of my thoughts on yours.....
So it is fearmongering?

We agree there? Okay good run along then!

The rest of this is just some pathetic attempt to label me a Democrat?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 11-18-2018 at 10:27 PM.