Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-04-2016, 05:42 PM   #16
Stillriledup
Veteran

Caton Bredar reporting on TVG that mandatory payout day is March 26th.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 06:01 PM   #17
parlay

to long

they should be making it mandatory immediately. This now plays into the people with very deep pockets. This shows no consideration for the people that built this pot, the smaller bettor who can only sustain those dollar figure tickets for so long.
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 06:54 PM   #18
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlay
they should be making it mandatory immediately. This now plays into the people with very deep pockets. This shows no consideration for the people that built this pot, the smaller bettor who can only sustain those dollar figure tickets for so long.
No doubt. They ought to pay this out monthly.
Old 03-04-2016, 07:16 PM   #19
MonmouthParkJoe

I have hit this thing a couple times already. Like others have said the key is to just hit. With so much dead money payoffs in the $1-$2k range are a daily occurrence. Ill take it every time
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 07:30 PM   #20
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
Not certain about that. Some of these syndicates are actually LLCs. I know that Cratos said he and his associates set up an LLC for their operation. LLCs have Tax Identification Numbers. So do race tracks.
Forming a C corp. or LLC may have its tax advantages over a regular horseplayer. The corp may be able to deduct many expenses the player cannot. Also if a corp or llc cashes a signer and uses it's tax id #, there should not be any taxes held out.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 10:43 PM   #21
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
Forming a C corp. or LLC may have its tax advantages over a regular horseplayer. The corp may be able to deduct many expenses the player cannot. Also if a corp or llc cashes a signer and uses it's tax id #, there should not be any taxes held out.

Why?
AndyC is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2016, 04:05 PM   #22
FlintAtTheFetlock

Who is alive Sat 3/5. It's early but I have 2 tickets going after first leg.

Leg 1: winner (duh)

Let's route for each other in this pie in the sky wager and keep one another posted. I hit it once but not for jackpot. You never know what can happen.

Good Luck

chasing the bone, flies at the nostrils plunder
- IA @1978
FlintAtTheFetlock is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2016, 05:36 PM   #23
no breathalyzer
Veteran

LOL I chucked that turf Pletcher out or i would of hit this damn thing
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2016, 06:17 PM   #24
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe
I have hit this thing a couple times already. Like others have said the key is to just hit. With so much dead money payoffs in the $1-$2k range are a daily occurrence. Ill take it every time
Of course none of yours was the dead money right, you just played it straight trying to hit and weren't trying for the big jackpot?
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2016, 06:49 PM   #25
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC
[/B]

Why?

If you own the racetrack and pay joe blow (an individual) 30,000 for landscaping, you are required to get his SS# and withhold taxes. If you pay ABC Landscaping INC. for the same work, you get their taxpayer id # and are not required to withhold taxes. The same should apply for cashing a ticket, if it is owned by the corporation.

Last edited by green80; 03-05-2016 at 06:52 PM.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2016, 11:24 PM   #26
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
If you own the racetrack and pay joe blow (an individual) 30,000 for landscaping, you are required to get his SS# and withhold taxes. If you pay ABC Landscaping INC. for the same work, you get their taxpayer id # and are not required to withhold taxes. The same should apply for cashing a ticket, if it is owned by the corporation.
There is no requirement to withhold taxes on Joe Blow for landscaping if he provides his tax ID number. Otherwise he is subject to backup withholding.
AndyC is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2016, 10:49 PM   #27
JimmyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlay
What are deep pockets in your opinion?
JimmyQ
JimmyQ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2016, 11:00 PM   #28
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyQ
What are deep pockets in your opinion?
JimmyQ
Probably someone who could toss a few grand into the pool and not even blink if they lose.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #29
JimmyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Probably someone who could toss a few grand into the pool and not even blink if they lose.
Yeah but I wonder how many of those people really exist into this pool on a daily basis? To me, it has nothing to do with how big or small your ticket is but rather the horses you place on your ticket. Yes, the larger tickets have more room for error but if you are playing an affordable ticket it's your choice if for say you have 3 horses in a race and you decide to take the chalks such as 8/5 ML Favorite, the 5/2 second choice, and the 7/2 third choice or do you think the favorite is vulnerable and have the 5/2 second choice, an 8/1 ML horse and a 12/1 ML horse. If you get to that 12/1 ML horse who lets say drifted up to 16/1 and did it with 3 part coverage you've eliminated a lot of tickets and others who had the horse might of had to go 6-7 horses deep.
It's an interesting subject for sure

JimmyQ
JimmyQ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2016, 11:06 AM   #30
MonmouthParkJoe

Trust me I have donated my fair share to this carryover. I just dont think it will be hit until the mandatory payout. Too many people chasing, but I still play it every day. I actually really enjoy playing it.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply