Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 11-01-2018, 12:56 PM   #1
Blenheim
Race Player

On the Triple Crown Trail: BC Juvenile

PPs

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/brisw...99/summary.htm

First quick look . . .

Dueling > coming into form, ridden out; that 1:14 isn’t inspiring.

Mr. Money > likes the track, drew away; nice 5fl work; improvement on the 90 SPD

Tight Ten > got some class; troubled starts; comes in fresh; likes the track; improvement

Well Defined > wow, gotta do some research on this one

Complexity > undefeated; looks to be breezin’; gotta switch leads

Mind Control > game; good speed; 7fl

Game Winner > sittin tight; blistering works

Code of Honor
> Shug?; GB?; game; stumbled in the Champagne still came second; honest works; Switch back to JV

Signalman > In tight; bumped at the ¼

Looks like its gonna be a good one. Lookin forward to doin some handicappin . . . can never tell w/them there 2yos

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2018, 09:40 AM   #2
Blenheim
Race Player

Speed, speed and more speed . . .

With all the front runners in this one, somethin' has gotta give somewheres. It'll be interesting to see who backs out of it.

I'm particularly interested in watching what Mr. Money (DP = 0-1-1-0-0 DI = 3.00 CD = 0.50) has for em'. That last work of 59.3 @ CD on a good track is a damn sharp work; his running style fits here.

Also keenly interested in watching the Farish/MaGuaghey charge Code of Honor. His Dosage is particularly interesting. I've seen that Center of Distribution once in the past 15 years (DP = 3-1-11-7-0 DI = 0.76 CD = 0.00). Wonder what Farish had in mind when he bred this horse - maybe the Belmont Stakes as this one here is bred to stay. Ironically, having stumbled in his last may be an advantage as he may have to come from behind in this one.

Should be a fun race to watch. I really need to start doin' some more handicappin'.

Best of racing luck.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:29 AM   #3
Blenheim
Race Player

Just read he scratched . . . he was up against it in this one; I'd a scratched him too. Let him develop a bit more, get some more seasoning into him, take your time, it'll be time well spent.

"It could be good timing, who knows," McGaughey said of having to miss the Juvenile. "He could have been harboring this thing and if we'd gone over and ran him and he ran bad, we'd all be looking at each other. And he could have gotten sicker than he is."

"If he gets over this thing in the next day or so we can ship him back to New York as planned on Sunday," McGaughey said. "We'll live to fight another day."

~

Gonna keep a sharp eye on and follow this colt . . . looking forward to his Triple Crown Campaign.

Last edited by Blenheim; 11-02-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-04-2018, 04:21 AM   #4
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
Also keenly interested in watching the Farish/MaGuaghey charge Code of Honor. His Dosage is particularly interesting. I've seen that Center of Distribution once in the past 15 years (DP = 3-1-11-7-0 DI = 0.76 CD = 0.00). Wonder what Farish had in mind when he bred this horse - maybe the Belmont Stakes as this one here is bred to stay. Ironically, having stumbled in his last may be an advantage as he may have to come from behind in this one.
I was so looking forward to seeing him run on Friday.

Juddamonte bred a Frankel colt in 2015 (Peridot) with the same DP, DI and CD. but I don't think he was ever raced.

There are some others though :
EVERGLADES(GB) who Darley just bred again to Dubawi in 2018---she raced a few times
Dajuka (CZE), ARKADASHIM (BRZ), , and CONHAG (BRZ).

Looks like CoH is 11-16f capable, all stamina on sire side and I was thinking that's pretty much overkill for anything we run here........ but then seeing him wire the field at 6f at SAR he obviously is blessed with sprinter speed (from female side), so all we gotta see is if he can carry that inherited speed to match his absolute killer stamina. Having the influence of Frankel and Noble Mission's Dam (Kind) certainly puts him in high falutin' pedigree territory.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2018, 01:35 PM   #5
Blenheim
Race Player

Returning in the Remsen?

From what I've read the connections are thinking about running him come the Dec 1st 9fl Remsen.

~

Thanks for the pedigree info; nice stuff.

That CD provides some interesting clues . . . NO doubt there are others out there with the same CD as you have noted - I maybe should have qualified that sentence, few with the CD 0.00 are, "found here".

Looking forward to seein' of Farish bred the right balance come the Remsen.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:46 AM   #6
Someday Silent

So what exactly is the significance of having a CD of 0.00? I can't say I've ever paid much attention to this stuff before.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2018, 01:49 PM   #7
Blenheim
Race Player

Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday Silent View Post
So what exactly is the significance of having a CD of 0.00? I can't say I've ever paid much attention to this stuff before.

Silence, here is a link to the book, try Chapters 6 and 9 . . .
https://www.usracing.com/news/analys...ge-performance

Old 11-10-2018, 09:24 PM   #8
letswastemoney

Are we so sure Code of Honor can go much longer than around a mile? How many routers has Noble Mission sired?
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2018, 10:32 PM   #9
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
Are we so sure Code of Honor can go much longer than around a mile? How many routers has Noble Mission sired?
This is Noble Mission's first crop of racing age. He's a full brother to Frankel, sired by legend Galileo, and as a races horses won multiple races between 10f-12f including Group 1s.

He has 8 individual winners. In the past 4 weeks, he's had 3 winners between 7-8.5 furlongs with 2 placings in stakes races over 8f on both turf and dirt, one of those a Grade 1.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #10
Blenheim
Race Player

Leading First Crop Sire

For those interested, replays and statistical data on the progeny of Noble Mission . . .

https://www.bloodhorse.com/stallion-...ble-mission-gb

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: