Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-24-2015, 06:37 PM   #1
Neumeier

Anyone else have wives/gf's with bad anxiety?

Does anyone else have to deal with bad anxiety from significant others? For the last few years my wife has been a bitch more often than not towards me. It's really bad. I don't think she knows she's doing it. It's only towards me. When I call her out on it she says it's anxiety. I am really having a hard time dealing with it and don't know what to do any longer. Part of me thinks we'd be happier with other people. I have been doing research on it and starting to understand a little, but still don't know what to do. Life is too short to have someone be a huge bitch all the time. If anxiety is this much of an issue I'd like to learn more and understand it. Any help?
Neumeier is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2015, 06:52 PM   #2
Tall One
Scum Bum!

They're women, and that's what they do. Hell, if my woman wasn't breaking my balls over something, I'd assume something was really wrong. Honestly, I just ignore it (most of the time ) which normally is petty stuff. But, a man can only take so much, Nuemei..

If you don't mind me asking, what age group are we talking about here?

Last edited by Tall One; 05-24-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2015, 07:05 PM   #3
Neumeier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
They're women, and that's what they do. Hell, if my woman wasn't breaking my balls over something, I'd assume something was really wrong. Honestly, I just ignore it (most of the time ) which normally is petty stuff. But, a man can only take so much, Nuemei..

If you don't mind me asking, what age group are we talking about here?
Late 30s. I feel bad if its honestly a disorder/disease or whatever. I don't understand it
Old 05-24-2015, 07:08 PM   #4
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumeier
Does anyone else have to deal with bad anxiety from significant others? For the last few years my wife has been a bitch more often than not towards me. It's really bad. I don't think she knows she's doing it. It's only towards me. When I call her out on it she says it's anxiety. I am really having a hard time dealing with it and don't know what to do any longer. Part of me thinks we'd be happier with other people. I have been doing research on it and starting to understand a little, but still don't know what to do. Life is too short to have someone be a huge bitch all the time. If anxiety is this much of an issue I'd like to learn more and understand it. Any help?
Tough situation for sure and sorry you are going through it. My two cents would be to be mindful of is that the end result of any condition your wife may have is that you are being treated like shit. Life is too short to endure that. Good luck with everything.
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2015, 07:17 PM   #5
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Late 30s. I feel bad if its honestly a disorder/disease or whatever. I don't understand it

Well, mine is 37 and I'm 41. I'm not going to put her stuff out there, but mine has a lot of baggage she still keeps with her. We've been close since high school so, I know how to deal with it..when to step in, and when to just let her be.

Believe me, i wasn't trying to sound like I don't care, because I think we all have issues with our significant others. Some moreso than others, but don't feel like you're alone. Buddy of mine texted me earlier wanting to head butt his wife in her jugular! You have recognized some concerns and that's a good step. But like Relwob said above, everybody deserves to be happy. Just keep noting her mood swings and other signs if they get worse or better and when they happen.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:17 PM   #6
Neumeier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relwob Owner
Tough situation for sure and sorry you are going through it. My two cents would be to be mindful of is that the end result of any condition your wife may have is that you are being treated like shit. Life is too short to endure that. Good luck with everything.
It's funny you say that. I had a really great upbringing. My family hugs/kisses tells eachother how much we love eachother. Her family never did that. Her father was really mean to her growing up. It's not like my life is awful. It's just that she gets like this sometimes and I hate it.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #7
Marshall Bennett

Hormonal imbalance. Can occur at almost any age for a woman. Gets worse after 40. You might look into it. What you've described is classic.
Google is your friend, but a good doctor is even better.
Good luck.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2015, 07:21 PM   #8
Neumeier

Just found this article. Going to read it

http://www.boston.com/news/opinion/2...SoO/story.html
Old 05-24-2015, 07:24 PM   #9
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
Hormonal imbalance. Can occur at almost any age for a woman. Gets worse after 40. You might look into it. What you've described is classic.
Google is your friend, but a good doctor is even better.
Good luck.

Why i was curious what her age was..was thinking she was "Going through the change.."
Old 05-24-2015, 08:51 PM   #10
TJDave

Quote:
There are drugs for that. I highly recommend Xanax. One of those and she won't care if the house is burning down. Seriously.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:25 PM   #11
thaskalos

Quote:
You are not betting the horses from home...are you? That's been known to elevate the wife's anxiety level somewhat...
Old 05-24-2015, 09:34 PM   #12
Ocala Mike

I would also not discount the possibility of hypoglycemia along with the likelihood of hormonal imbalance. My wife is an insulin-dependent diabetic, and there is literally no living with her when she suffers an insulin reaction where her blood sugar level drops precipitously. She becomes extremely combative, argumentative, and generally bitchy.

I would have your wife's thyroid function checked also; the thyroid controls almost everything going on. Incidentally, my wife has now got a new anxiety, a fear of traveling or being away from home for an extensive amount of time. Not good for any vacation plans, believe me. She is seeing a shrink who has prescribed xanax for her, but she still doesn't want to travel.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2015, 10:25 PM   #13
DJofSD
Screw PC

I'd second OM's advice: seek professional help, both medical and psychological.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:23 PM   #14
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
If you are trying to salvage the relationship, then seek professional help.
If not, or you have already tried and failed, then it might be best to separate than make each other miserable for the remaining years of your life.

What do you tell a girl who has two black eyes? Nothing. You already told her twice.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:30 PM   #15
nijinski

Quote:
Offer her all the help there is out there and there is plenty . Support her
though the process and that's all you can do .
If she knows it's anxiety ,there's no reason she shouldn't want to get help
and not be a bitch .
Do you have kids ?
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: