Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:59 PM   #76
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Οι Έλληνες τζογάρουν περισσότερο από τους Κινέζους, με λιγότερα χρήματα!...
Truer words were never spoken.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #77
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

[QUOTE=Run Nicholas Run]sounds like that piece of shit who used to collected the smoked roaches the rastas would through away . had a beard and was tall , white trash - I called him the missing link.[/QUOTE]

I'm STILL LAUGHING Months later
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2017, 11:33 PM   #78
DeltaLover

Real race track characters from the Greek races of the '80 (i remember all of them)

[YT="Real race track characters from"]WdT5gxJKcAc[/YT]
Old 01-10-2017, 11:58 PM   #79
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaLover
Real race track characters from the Greek races of the '80 (i remember all of them)

[YT="Real race track characters from"]WdT5gxJKcAc[/YT]
I can't believe (But I do ) that first guy thinks he keeps losing because he has the evil eye on him It just can't be your handicapping .

The other gentleman was funny. "In the greek track, 10 horses can run with a cow and the cow will win ".
Old 01-15-2017, 12:53 AM   #80
mountainman

40ish guy, white col sanders suit, piercing black eyes, long , flowing jesus-beard. Approached me and pals in grandstand and enticed us into betting on coin flips. BELIEVE me, we took EVERY precaution, tried it every way..he flipped, we flipped, his coin, our coin..let coin hit ground..no hands involved...whichever way, he called coin correctly everytime, we batted zero.

He could never be wrong..we could never be right.

Let me be REAL clear here. We flipped our own coin and went 0-for 20 (or so) in predicting heads or tails.

Inexplicable. I know in my gut there was no cheap trickery. I don't think he was human.

Last edited by mountainman; 01-15-2017 at 12:58 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2017, 01:03 AM   #81
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman
40ish guy, white col sanders suit, piercing black eyes, long , flowing jesus-beard. Approached me and pals in grandstand and enticed us into betting on coin flips. BELIEVE me, we took EVERY precaution, tried it every way..he flipped, we flipped, his coin, our coin..let coin hit ground..no hands involved...whichever way, he called coin correctly everytime, we batted zero.

Let me be REAL clear here. We flipped our own coin and went 0-for 20 (or so) in predicting heads or tails.

Inexplicable. I know in my gut there was no cheap trickery. I don't think he was human.

So you're saying you met the devil. I always assumed he hung out at the track.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2017, 01:23 AM   #82
thaskalos

Quote:

Did he keep the money?
Old 01-15-2017, 10:15 AM   #83
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
So you're saying you met the devil. I always assumed he hung out at the track.
True story, and unembellished. So, yes, pretty much.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:17 AM   #84
lamboguy

you should bring that guy over to a crap table and see how he does there
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #85
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:

Did he call Heads I win and Tails you lose?

I've pulled that trick off many times in my workplace environments and no one has ever caught on to what I was up to.....
Old 01-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #86
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Did he keep the money?
Every cent. Which amounted to about $200. My pals and I were (are) slow learners. We skipped rocket science in school.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:35 PM   #87
MonmouthParkJoe

Recently made a trip to the meadowlands over the break during the snow storm. Plans were to drive to aqueduct when they said they were racing and before getting to the outerbidge made the decision to hit the meadowlands since I figured the belt would be a mess and they could cancel. Walked in the door and they cancelled.

I havent been there in almost two years, but the same characters were there and sure enough nothing had changed.

"Got a Cigarette Ritchie"- I am almost positive that he may have some sort of mental disability, but he is always there rain or snow or shine. He is always walking around asking people for a cigarette, then for bus money. Mumbles to himself and shuffles around the joint

"Almost had it Ritchie" Younger guy, always complains about his limited bankroll and how he almost hits every bet he places. He will literally show you his ticket which is always one horse off and say if he had more money to bet he would have had it. I suggested skipping a couple days to save up for a bigger bankroll, he tells me he would spend it on something else anyway

"MF'er"-Older guy, tall with grey hair similar to Baffert. Literally walks around MF'ing everything and everyone. Has great disdain for Joe Bravo, literally curses him out all day long. Pretty sure he has a drinking problem. He was telling me how he recently got cutoff from the bar at Olive Garden. Pretty impressive.

"Ian/Clyde" Jamaican guy, and I know him as Ian but he introduces himself to everyone as Clyde. Somehow he has a tab at the cafe bar, I didnt know people can still do that in this day and age. Always scheming on ways to make a buck

"Lemme Hold it Harry" Older guy and I think he is crazy as well. He is always asking to borrow money, lemme hold it till Tuesday. He once owed me $10 for three months. Never again.

"Big Man" I always saw him at Freehold, sometimes at the big m. Must be like 500lbs, but everyone affectionately calls him big man. He has the scoop on any freehold driver that comes up for the night races, and when I asked him if the guy is on a live horse, he tells me. Usually right 95% of the time too
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #88
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe
Recently made a trip to the meadowlands...
That was fun.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #89
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
. He was telling me how he recently got cutoff from the bar at Olive Garden.
Best laugh I've had today.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2017, 03:29 PM   #90
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Recently made a trip to the meadowlands over the break during the snow storm. Plans were to drive to aqueduct when they said they were racing and before getting to the outerbidge made the decision to hit the meadowlands since I figured the belt would be a mess and they could cancel. Walked in the door and they cancelled.

I havent been there in almost two years, but the same characters were there and sure enough nothing had changed.

"Got a Cigarette Ritchie"- I am almost positive that he may have some sort of mental disability, but he is always there rain or snow or shine. He is always walking around asking people for a cigarette, then for bus money. Mumbles to himself and shuffles around the joint

"Almost had it Ritchie" Younger guy, always complains about his limited bankroll and how he almost hits every bet he places. He will literally show you his ticket which is always one horse off and say if he had more money to bet he would have had it. I suggested skipping a couple days to save up for a bigger bankroll, he tells me he would spend it on something else anyway

"MF'er"-Older guy, tall with grey hair similar to Baffert. Literally walks around MF'ing everything and everyone. Has great disdain for Joe Bravo, literally curses him out all day long. Pretty sure he has a drinking problem. He was telling me how he recently got cutoff from the bar at Olive Garden. Pretty impressive.

"Ian/Clyde" Jamaican guy, and I know him as Ian but he introduces himself to everyone as Clyde. Somehow he has a tab at the cafe bar, I didnt know people can still do that in this day and age. Always scheming on ways to make a buck

"Lemme Hold it Harry" Older guy and I think he is crazy as well. He is always asking to borrow money, lemme hold it till Tuesday. He once owed me $10 for three months. Never again.

"Big Man" I always saw him at Freehold, sometimes at the big m. Must be like 500lbs, but everyone affectionately calls him big man. He has the scoop on any freehold driver that comes up for the night races, and when I asked him if the guy is on a live horse, he tells me. Usually right 95% of the time too
AWESOME STUFF JOE, LOVE IT