Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-26-2016, 06:27 PM   #1
Vinman

Mahoning Valley 20 cent Pick 6 - Mandatory Payout on 12/28

Today's 20 cent payoff in Mahoning Valley's jackpot "Buckeye Pick 6" was $1,502.32, with no horse paying over $16.60. This brings the jackpot carryover up to $56,186.66. If no single winning ticket takes the pool tomorrow, a mandatory payout pool in excess of 60k will be in play for Wednesday, 12/28.

They're also giving out their 2017 calendar at the track on Wednesday.

Vinman
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2016, 08:32 PM   #2
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
Today's 20 cent payoff in Mahoning Valley's jackpot "Buckeye Pick 6" was $1,502.32, with no horse paying over $16.60. This brings the jackpot carryover up to $56,186.66. If no single winning ticket takes the pool tomorrow, a mandatory payout pool in excess of 60k will be in play for Wednesday, 12/28.

They're also giving out their 2017 calendar at the track on Wednesday.

Vinman
A sigh of relief as its still alive with 2 days to go. If the second place horse wins (#11), someone had the sole ticket. The calendars are limited to the first 300 people starting at noon. Come early as the crowds will be near capacity inside this week. On track handle was close to 50K today. 1.1 million nationwide handle very good considering there was lots of competition. Wednesday could be interesting!

RR
Old 12-26-2016, 09:37 PM   #3
CincyHorseplayer

Watched some races from there the other day and I could have handicapped them 100 times and never come up with the winner! Don't like to play at places where turds rise to the top! Keep the carryover!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2016, 10:28 PM   #4
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
Watched some races from there the other day and I could have handicapped them 100 times and never come up with the winner! Don't like to play at places where turds rise to the top! Keep the carryover!
agree 100% must be the ultimate in the know race track.. that track is straight lighting my $$$ on fire and cancer to the bankroll
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2016, 11:00 PM   #5
appistappis
longshot kick de bucket

stay with it guys.....mah valley can get very biased and when it does, the money flows.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:38 AM   #6
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
agree 100% must be the ultimate in the know race track.. that track is straight lighting my $$$ on fire and cancer to the bankroll
Tips from The Postman: Conditions,conditions, conditions. Horses for course. Indiana Grand shippers=YES, Finger Lakes shippers= Yes, after a race on the surface, Woodbine shippers=??? some like MVR dirt, some don't, Mountaineer shippers=NO, unless trained by Clouston or Cox. And there you have it. Easy, peasy at Mahoning Valley.

RR
Old 12-27-2016, 09:11 AM   #7
rrpic6

'Capping for the big day, Wednesday. The Pick 6 looks hit-able on a relatively small budget. Possible 2 singles in the sequence. You do have to earn it though as 3 races have 12 entries, one each of 11, 10 and 8. Hint: the 1st leg has 8 horses with an overwhelming favorite, IMO. Fingers crossed we get that far...one day to survive!

RR
Old 12-27-2016, 01:33 PM   #8
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6
Tips from The Postman: Conditions,conditions, conditions. Finger Lakes shippers= Yes, after a race on the surface. And there you have it.

RR
Race 2 today. 2nd time Finger Lakes shipper dropping into lifetime conditions wins at 5-1. 2nd time Finger Lakes shipper runs 2nd at 20-1. Exacta pays $167.80. Bingo!

RR
Old 12-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #9
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6
'Capping for the big day, Wednesday.
Are these races handicap-able at all? What are the conditions? The very few times that I have glanced your racing programs (I believe that by the time this track was called Beulah or something like that), I remember that it was full of very cheap horses and inconsistent that were impossible to handicap.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:58 PM   #10
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaLover
Are these races handicap-able at all? What are the conditions? The very few times that I have glanced your racing programs (I believe that by the time this track was called Beulah or something like that), I remember that it was full of very cheap horses and inconsistent that were impossible to handicap.
Since I handicap them every day for the local on site tip sheet, I'm used to the various conditions, trainers, jockeys, bias, etc. Ohio Bred lower level claiming are the hardest and most volatile to decipher. The best Trainers are Radosevich, Sullivan, Zielinski and Cowans. Olivio Iniro, Nabu Morales get hot and cold. Shane Myers, Robert Gorham and Tim Hamm are OK too. The best jockeys are Colon, J. Rodriguez and Pilares (Walter De La Cruz is on his way to Oaklawn). Bermudez can be fearless at times, Sarvis great on closers, Rivera, Rosendo, Feliciano, Houghton and Paucar (hurt now), all are solid. L. Quinones has improved here since last meet. The rest are dicey.

This is the 3rd year Mahoning Valley has run. Beulah horses show up in the PP's once in a blue moon. The fields have been large for most conditioned races. Good Luck in betting there.

RR
Old 12-27-2016, 04:58 PM   #11
rrpic6

Carryover to the mandatory payout on Wednesday is over $62K. Over 26K bet into it today. I'm predicting another 150K gets bet into it tomorrow. Nice overall handle of 1.4 million today.

RR
Old 12-27-2016, 05:27 PM   #12
Vinman

Regarding Mahoning Valley's desirability as a viable signal to play the ponies, I found Mountainman's comment #33 over at the Mountaineer 2017 topic rather interesting.

"I'm now backed by two separate whales and Mahoning is easy pickings"

You go Mark!

Vinman
Old 12-27-2016, 07:07 PM   #13
appistappis
longshot kick de bucket

there was a horse in racing seven today that had me drooling at 10-1.....won easily.

all you guys who hate this place, stay away, aquaduct is easy......lol
Old 12-28-2016, 08:21 AM   #14
rrpic6

Potential Tickets before scratches:

$48.00

Add ,,, in the 5th leg and its $112.00

Add ,,,, in the 4th leg for $672.00 Caveman Ticket
or use just ,, in the 5th leg and its $288.00

Good Luck!

RR
Old 12-28-2016, 09:08 AM   #15
Vinman

Agreed that the in leg 1 is the only horse you can single in the entire sequence. But If he bounces to the moon today off that huge win, 60-70% of all tix will hit the screen.

I don't think you can hit this thing for a $500 outlay even if the 5 wins as a single. Too many dropdowns throughout these races. Leave one out and that's the one who will beat you. I may play the Pick 4 instead. Late scratches could make a huge difference.

Vinman

Last edited by Vinman; 12-28-2016 at 09:11 AM.