Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-21-2017, 10:29 PM   #1
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Chrome 2016 HOY

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...se-of-the-year
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #2
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Vote totals

CC 202

A 40

Songbird 5

Highland Reel 1

Last edited by EasyGoer89; 01-21-2017 at 11:14 PM.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 12:53 AM   #3
zico20

Well deserving. Lets hope he finishes off a glorious career with a track record performance.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:33 AM   #4
nancy4487

I echo the above wholeheartedly.
nancy4487 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 11:03 AM   #5
PowerUpPaynter

That horse has been so much fun for me to watch. A true all time great. Win or lose I just pray he gets around the track safe and sound and goes on to enjoy retirement and the rest of his life. I absolutely love that horse and he has made me a fair amount of money over his career. Thank you Chrome.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 12:10 PM   #6
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

HOY is Le'Veon Bell, duh...
Old 01-22-2017, 12:45 PM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

If he didn't win we wouldn't have been graced with that awesome speech by Perry Martin.

[YT="The Speech"]94v4VNy2LD4[/YT]
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #8
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
If he didn't win we wouldn't have been graced with that awesome speech by Perry Martin.

How can someone be so unaware of how he sounds? At least Steve Coburn was a poor loser after the Belmont. This guy's horse was Horse of the Year and Older dirt male; plus his was Moment of the Year. Yet, he gives new meaning to the term poor winner.

I'm sure you noticed that there was a lot of uncomfortable looking at the floor and forced smiles from the folks behind him. Mrs. Martin looked like she would have rather been anywhere else.

In a night of really bad acceptance speeches, that one stood out.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:12 PM   #9
MonmouthParkJoe

I cringed the whole time he spoke. He almost sounded incoherent at times. Is he like that all the time or was he drunk?
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 03:54 PM   #10
SuperPickle

I posted weeks ago that Arrogate would be closer to third than first and he was. I was stunned he only got 40 votes. The Six voters who did vote either should lose their votes.

Regardless what you think of Crome he is massively hyped by TVG. I was amused Martin attacked the racing media when the largest network acts like horse walks on water.

This is how strong the Crome hype. If the counted the Pegasus in HOY voting and the finish was the same as the Classic (Arrogate by about a length) I still think Crome would get more than 40 HOY votes.

After the margin of last nights votes I'm not even convinced two wins over Crome would have gotten him HOY.

Crome is simply much more popular.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 04:03 PM   #11
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj

You know some communication professors actually call this the "post November 8th" affect. That people now feel they can get away with saying whatever's on their mind, off the cuff with no consequences.

Turns out no you can't if for nothing more most people have bad ideas and are bad at public speaking.

Btw... I'm totally amused how Perry Martin builds up good will in racing and periodically destroys it and then repeats the cycle. Or a friend puts it "racing wants to love him but he's simply incapable of accepting that love."
Old 01-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #12
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
You know some communication professors actually call this the "post November 8th" affect. That people now feel they can get away with saying whatever's on their mind, off the cuff with no consequences.

Turns out no you can't if for nothing more most people have bad ideas and are bad at public speaking.

Btw... I'm totally amused how Perry Martin builds up good will in racing and periodically destroys it and then repeats the cycle. Or a friend puts it "racing wants to love him but he's simply incapable of accepting that love."
Unless they take the award back or people refuse to send their mares to breed to Chrome, then he basically gets away with it. When it's all said and done , his boring and obnoxious speech doesn't really mean anything. I can't wait until the Pegasus. It should be a great race.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 08:15 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
I posted weeks ago that Arrogate would be closer to third than first and he was. I was stunned he only got 40 votes. The Six voters who did vote either should lose their votes.

Regardless what you think of Crome he is massively hyped by TVG. I was amused Martin attacked the racing media when the largest network acts like horse walks on water.

This is how strong the Crome hype. If the counted the Pegasus in HOY voting and the finish was the same as the Classic (Arrogate by about a length) I still think Crome would get more than 40 HOY votes.

After the margin of last nights votes I'm not even convinced two wins over Crome would have gotten him HOY.

Crome is simply much more popular.
Are you spelling Crome wrong as some sort of protest?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 08:22 PM   #14
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
How can someone be so unaware of how he sounds? At least Steve Coburn was a poor loser after the Belmont. This guy's horse was Horse of the Year and Older dirt male; plus his was Moment of the Year. Yet, he gives new meaning to the term poor winner.

I'm sure you noticed that there was a lot of uncomfortable looking at the floor and forced smiles from the folks behind him. Mrs. Martin looked like she would have rather been anywhere else.

In a night of really bad acceptance speeches, that one stood out.
WOW....this guy makes the guy from the RED EYES commercial look like MR. FUN.

Those were the worst 9 minutes of my life. Brutal....
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2017, 08:41 PM   #15
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Are you spelling Crome wrong as some sort of protest?
Maybe 😉

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: