Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:06 PM   #8176
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
But you are happy that Pelosi WITHHELD covid relief from the entire nation,
Show where I said that.

Do you really need to put words into other people's mouths, and thoughts into their head, in order to win an argument?

Without being able to provide proof? You need to up yer game, sir.

So show where I said Pelosi did right.

See, despite that you're a lock-stepper, who group-thinks, you assume everyone else just regurgitates a party line like you do. Independent thinking is allowed....maybe try it sometime

Meanwhile, your guy is history so not sure who you're taking *orders* from soon.

Last edited by clicknow; 12-17-2020 at 05:09 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2020, 05:16 PM   #8177
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I've done the same. Maybe you should have told Trump and your other Republican buddies to do that. Talk about people needing a clue, eh?
You left this part out - "WTF more did I need Trump to tell me?"

You call yourself middle of the road and independent, yet your philosophy exposed by your own hand here is true blue left. The gov't knows best. People are too stupid to run their own lives. They need daddy to help them.

You're not an independent thinker. You're as much a lock-stepper as you accuse Tom and others of being.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-17-2020 at 05:17 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2020, 05:52 PM   #8178
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You left this part out - "WTF more did I need Trump to tell me?"

You call yourself middle of the road and independent, yet your philosophy exposed by your own hand here is true blue left. The gov't knows best. People are too stupid to run their own lives. They need daddy to help them.

You're not an independent thinker. You're as much a lock-stepper as you accuse Tom and others of being.
The point is the more other asymptomatic people wear masks, the less likely individuals around them get infected. Community spread is drastically reduced. N95's and face shields are better than simple multiple ply cloth masks protecting the wearer.

Trump could have made all that available through leadership and the Defense Production Act. He did not.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:56 PM   #8179
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
The point is the more other asymptomatic people wear masks, the less likely individuals around them get infected. Community spread is drastically reduced. N95's and face shields are better than simple multiple ply cloth masks protecting the wearer.

Trump could have made all that available through leadership and the Defense Production Act. He did not.
being locked in your apartment worked in WUHAN
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2020, 06:29 PM   #8180
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You call yourself middle of the road and independent
Awwww. All this just because I wouldn't vote for Trump. In your eyes that makes me not indie.

Nobody said to follow the government. I live in a red state where most things have been open the whole time. I just don't go into them.

I follow strict epidemiological standards (from reading at infectious disease sites) and also what many nations who have not been utterly stricken down by Covid-19 have been doing. I did my research and decided to go that route...back in Feb on Valentines Day.

As a matter of fact, before Oaklawn cancelled spectators from the Rebel Stakes, I had already told all my track buddies I wasn't going into a crowd of 35,000+ to watch a race. This was well in advance of beginning of March. The response I got was like people scratching their head.......then weeks later, around March 12th, Oaklawn cancelled spectators from attending.

Been doing the "my own protocol" before the governmment even suggested it (or rather, while they were still making up their minds.....) and before my governor or Oaklawn made decisions.

Everyone has an opinion. That's fine with me. I've been doing my own thing the whole time, haven't changed a thing.

Last edited by clicknow; 12-17-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:35 PM   #8181
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
BINGO.

They were handing them out freely, to all citizens in some nations who were "prepared".

Here, our health care workers were intubating covid-19 patients, with masks they had to make last for a month.

Anyway, what's done is done. Time to move forward.

Im thinking Jan 20th will be at least as fun as watching OJ in the white Bronco being chased down the highway by police cars, when the US Marshalls may have to drag Trump off the white house lawn. I want to run the PPV concession.

Last edited by clicknow; 12-17-2020 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:39 PM   #8182
tucker6

Quote:
BINGO.

They were handing them out freely, to all citizens in some nations who were "prepared".

Here, our health care workers were intubating covid-19 patients, with masks they had to make last for a month.

Anyway, what's done is done. Time to move forward.

Im thinking Jan 20th will be at least as fun as watching OJ in the white Bronco being chased down the highway by police cars, when the US Marshalls may have to drag Trump off the white house lawn. I want to run the PPV concession.
Fair and balanced.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2020, 09:06 PM   #8183
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Maybe that is part of our problem, ever think of that?

I would have to re-read the pandemic plan that Bush worked on and left for posterity. I really don't have time to do that now.

My feeling is that the leader of a nation doesn't play states off against each other, in these United States. I can also tell you that my Republican gov was none too pleased with the way he was treated when he asked for help with testing supplies, and either were the neighboring states' governors he had to partner with to form some kind of purchasing bloc.

Its really not done like this elsewhere, so maybe we should think about having a centralized leadership when it comes to stuff that affects all the states in an emergency or crisis like this.

It doesn't work too well in horse racing either, IMHO.

I can also say that when anyone who craps on an entire population of fellow citizens, innocent people, just because they live in a "red state" or a "blue state" then I would consider that person to be spiritually and/or morally on tilt. It's certainly not a christian way to treat other people and we are, after all, supposed to be The United States. Partisan politics shouldn't alter that, IMHO.

I am not willing to make thousands of people suffer just because they live in a certain state. Many do not even have control over all that. Everyone deserves to be saved from covid-19, in the very best way we can manage. That is called caring about your fellow man. That is not about who is governor or who the politicians are....because real humanity goes far beyond that concept.

At least, it does in my world. If I'm not expressing this properly, I know you know what I mean, since you seem to be a caring type of person to both human beings and dogs. I just don't set entire populations up against each other because of where they live, or how they vote. Not when we are talking about dying.

You know Antifa and the like have been killing conservatives, right?
Old 12-17-2020, 09:14 PM   #8184
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I AVOIDED Covid until the last two weeks. I GOT it thanks to the total INCOMPETENCE, to this day, of the STATE OF NY.
You got it because you had a medical emergency and sick people tend to populate the Healthcare system.

I feel for you and wish you nothing but the best but let's be real here...
Old 12-17-2020, 09:15 PM   #8185
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
You know Antifa and the like have been killing conservatives, right?
Yup.

I've seen the mass graves. Tragic really.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:23 AM   #8186
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
for Wednesday, December 16, 2020

247,000 cases

3500 deaths
for Thursday, December 17, 2020

231,000 cases

3300 deaths
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2020, 10:03 AM   #8187
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Fair and balanced.

Again, not liking Trump (which many Republicans don't either) is absolutely balanced.

Being pro-Trump is not a pre-condition for being fair and balanced.

Both Trump, and some like you, don't want to understand just how universally loathed he really is, outside of his cult. The groupthink inside the bubble is real. His family is actually surprised to hear how people really think about him.

Not just here but all over the world.

So the idea (here) that one must support Trump in order to be fair and balanced, is not only absurd, but just makes you look even more lock-step and than you already are. Talk about balanced. heh heh

Plenty voted against Trump, but gave their vote on the under ballot to Republicans they liked.

Sorry your guy didn't make the cut. Some Republicans did make it through though.

BTW any idea who might win the auction to press the button to implode the eyesore on the Atlantic City delapidated Trump building ? The $$ goes to a good cause. I wonder if it will be an R group or a D group, or just a single individual. Should be fun

Last edited by clicknow; 12-18-2020 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:18 AM   #8188
clicknow

Mr. Sahin made the decision to throw all the manpower and resources of his company on creating a vaccine against Covid19 on the 14th of January sitting at the breakfast table with his wife. (Before that they were using their great discovery on cancer for 10+ years.)

They have been able to draw on all their cooperation partners, Germany's federal research institutes, government programs to finance and invest in their project. Mr. Sahin of BioNtech then contacted Pfizer to become a partner in the fields of testing 40, 000 s with the new vaccine in various countries and of different ethnicities as well as age groups----BioNtech asked Pfizer to be the major partner in guaranteeing the production and roll-out of the hundred of millions of dosis. Merkel is pretty happy with the whole affair (and the govt will now benefit from a company worth way more than even their major airline). That means they can afford better stimulus and healthcare programs for their citizens. (while here, some CEOs walked away with big wall street windfalls, while thousands of Americans will be waiting in food pantry lines for Christmas
).

This husband/wife team deserve a medal. But I wouldn't be suprised if right wingers start trying to dig up dirt to discredit them. that would be about right, now that they have already started in on SC judges.

Last edited by clicknow; 12-18-2020 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:57 AM   #8189
tucker6

Quote:
Again, not liking Trump (which many Republicans don't either) is absolutely balanced.

Being pro-Trump is not a pre-condition for being fair and balanced.

Both Trump, and some like you, don't want to understand just how universally loathed he really is, outside of his cult. The groupthink inside the bubble is real. His family is actually surprised to hear how people really think about him.

Not just here but all over the world.

So the idea (here) that one must support Trump in order to be fair and balanced, is not only absurd, but just makes you look even more lock-step and than you already are. Talk about balanced. heh heh

Plenty voted against Trump, but gave their vote on the under ballot to Republicans they liked.

Sorry your guy didn't make the cut. Some Republicans did make it through though.

BTW any idea who might win the auction to press the button to implode the eyesore on the Atlantic City delapidated Trump building ? The $$ goes to a good cause. I wonder if it will be an R group or a D group, or just a single individual. Should be fun
I find it fascinating when people try to hide from who they are as if we can't already see it. You words on this forum speak much louder volumes than you must believe possible. Your use of certain words and ideas absolutely labels you for what you are. Why do you hide from it? Embrace your leftist ideals with all your heart can muster and be proud of it. I'm proud of my thoughts. Why aren't you proud of yours?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2020, 11:55 AM   #8190
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Awwww. All this just because I wouldn't vote for Trump. In your eyes that makes me not indie.

Nobody said to follow the government. I live in a red state where most things have been open the whole time. I just don't go into them.

I follow strict epidemiological standards (from reading at infectious disease sites) and also what many nations who have not been utterly stricken down by Covid-19 have been doing. I did my research and decided to go that route...back in Feb on Valentines Day.

As a matter of fact, before Oaklawn cancelled spectators from the Rebel Stakes, I had already told all my track buddies I wasn't going into a crowd of 35,000+ to watch a race. This was well in advance of beginning of March. The response I got was like people scratching their head.......then weeks later, around March 12th, Oaklawn cancelled spectators from attending.

Been doing the "my own protocol" before the governmment even suggested it (or rather, while they were still making up their minds.....) and before my governor or Oaklawn made decisions.

Everyone has an opinion. That's fine with me. I've been doing my own thing the whole time, haven't changed a thing.
Yeah, but you don't advise people on here to "do their own thing the whole time."

You ponder how/why big GOV hasn't done ENOUGH to help "those who can't help themselves..." which basically means EVERYONE...

So again, you miss the point...and think my response has to do with Trump.

You're another who can't get Trump out of your head. He lost. He's gone. Get over it already.