Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-28-2019, 12:39 AM   #1141
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
He's a liar right? So of course that's a lie... he loves Prague...

But in all seriousness thats how stupid GOP voters have made the party. That not ONE of them started seizing on stuff like that... and he gave a few more.

Truly... its become the party of stupid... and that's not all Trump's fault... it began about a decade ago with a different and now defunct movement.

Jim Jordan? Mark Meadows? Jokes...
Alrighty then, both parties are stupid....It's official and it's old news....Still waiting for the solution.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 12:56 AM   #1142
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Alrighty then, both parties are stupid....It's official and it's old news....Still waiting for the solution.
You won't like it because it accepts globalism exists... thinks culture wars are largely a waste of time... aims for limited government... and worships the Constitution.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:02 AM   #1143
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
You won't like it because it accepts globalism exists... thinks culture wars are largely a waste of time... aims for limited government... and worships the Constitution.
Since I'm an Independent, I would think there's a potential new party rebuilder somewhere out there, but I don't see that person yet...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 01:27 AM   #1144
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Yes, you held him in the highest esteem while he was working for Trump.
But, so did Trump, who not long ago called him a talented lawyer and a good person. And Giuliani ("The man is an honest, honorable lawyer.")

Trump trusted him for years. Now, Cohen is a pathological liar? If that is true, then maybe that is precisely why Trump hired him? One is left to wonder: how many lies did Cohen tell FOR Trump while working for him? Because that is the definition of what pathological liars do....they lie.

1) I would like to know more about Trump's 2013 sworn testimony that he wouldn't recognize Felix Sater, when Sater had an office on the same floor as Trump in the Trump Tower, and apparently wasn't paying any rent.

2) There were a lot of accusations in Cohen's testimony today, roughly, about 14 counts of felonies.

BUt I was curious about the alleged tax and insurance fraud issues......those can be charged at the NY state level and are not pardonable offenses...they are felonies. It doesn't matter what Congress does.......Insurers will want their money back.

If any of that stuff happened it pretty much guarantees that we can expect tax returns and insurance claims will be subpoenaed. By corporations if they have been defrauded. Or if he deflated his property values to avoid taxes, etc.

These are things that have nothing to do with Mueller and are outside his scope. They will be picked up by others and may take years to unravel.

Last edited by clicknow; 02-28-2019 at 01:34 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 06:40 AM   #1145
sammy the sage

Quote:
Actually agree with this pretty much...but we can't even get HALF of the USA to stick with constitution....a LONG road to hoe...
Old 02-28-2019, 08:26 AM   #1146
delayjf

Quote:
If any of that stuff happened it pretty much guarantees that we can expect tax returns and insurance claims will be subpoenaed. By corporations if they have been defrauded. Or if he deflated his property values to avoid taxes, etc.

These are things that have nothing to do with Mueller and are outside his scope. They will be picked up by others and may take years to unravel.
Cohen's testimony was a set up to manufacturer "probably cause" to subpoena Trumps tax / insurance records.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 10:22 AM   #1147
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Cohen's testimony was a set up to manufacturer "probably cause" to subpoena Trumps tax / insurance records.
Those very same tax returns that Rump promised to deliver for all to see once the -non existent- audit was completed?

Those tax returns?
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 10:33 AM   #1148
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
No I did not call Cohen plenty of names. I maintained from jump he would help sink the corrupt ship Captain Chumpy is skipper of.
And that would be "any time now", right...?
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 11:28 AM   #1149
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
But, so did Trump, who not long ago called him a talented lawyer and a good person. And Giuliani ("The man is an honest, honorable lawyer.")

Trump trusted him for years. Now, Cohen is a pathological liar? If that is true, then maybe that is precisely why Trump hired him? One is left to wonder: how many lies did Cohen tell FOR Trump while working for him? Because that is the definition of what pathological liars do....they lie.

1) I would like to know more about Trump's 2013 sworn testimony that he wouldn't recognize Felix Sater, when Sater had an office on the same floor as Trump in the Trump Tower, and apparently wasn't paying any rent.

2) There were a lot of accusations in Cohen's testimony today, roughly, about 14 counts of felonies.

BUt I was curious about the alleged tax and insurance fraud issues......those can be charged at the NY state level and are not pardonable offenses...they are felonies. It doesn't matter what Congress does.......Insurers will want their money back.

Maybe he used these lawyers for stuff legitimate lawyers would say no to.

It may take years to unravel the Comey, HSBC board, money laundering, tax avoidance, Clinton Foundations scandal.

It may take years to unravel the secret servers and email accounts of the 0bma administration, including multiple accounts and some messages written in Arabic.

Some things will never be known.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 11:44 AM   #1150
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I think the Special Counsel's office who investigated, charged, and sentenced Cohen. The same Special Counsel's office who slammed a Buzzfeed article for misattributing other incorrect facts and the same Special Counsel's office who with their blessing he is currently testifying.

Yes. I think their summation of Cohen's version of events and happenings and their noted compliments on his cooperation adds some truthfulness and veracity to the testimony he gave today. In addition to that I think it directly contradicts the opinion of you and the jokes that are the current Republican party's attacks against it today.

They never actually went after the testimony... well Amash did... but nobody else... hmmm I wonder why.

What you got Mr. Subjective?
So the Special Council's office would have no motivation to try and put lipstick on the pig that is Cohen in order to use his testimony against those they are investigating?

Is it NOT in their best interest to try and rehabilitate Cohen's image and character as much as possible, so that Cohen's testimony is to be believable? Never mind his testimony really doesn't amount to anything substantial especially regarding any new information revealed.

In other words, just like everyone else, the SC has an agenda. And that is, to make their witnesses as believable as possible. If that means putting out a press release fellating Cohen, so be it. You'll buy it, easy peasy.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:49 AM   #1151
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
Those very same tax returns that Rump promised to deliver for all to see once the -non existent- audit was completed?

Those tax returns?
Who cares? I sure don't! Trump's tax returns etc. will never affect me. What will affect me is if I ever need a lawyer...what's there left to trust? Attorney/client privilege...what a joke!!

Anyone here care to pretend that you don't live in a glass house? How about anyone in the whole of our government? Most are lawyers, to begin with.

Show me a serious crime like rape, murder or HIGH treason, and you'll get my attention; otherwise, pay attention to what will affect you...the policies. Right now, a lot of what the Demos are proposing relegates them to being as dumb as a bag of hammers.
Oh yeah, the name calling...fits.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 11:53 AM   #1152
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Who cares? I sure don't! Trump's tax returns etc. will never affect me. What will affect me is if I ever need a lawyer...what's there left to trust? Attorney/client privilege...what a joke!!

Anyone here care to pretend that you don't live in a glass house? How about anyone in the whole of our government? Most are lawyers, to begin with.

Show me a serious crime like rape, murder or HIGH treason, and you'll get my attention; otherwise, pay attention to what will affect you...the policies. Right now, a lot of what the Demos are proposing relegates them to being as dumb as a bag of hammers.
Oh yeah, the name calling...fits.
Well, if he broke the law...doesn't that count for anything?

Make no mistake, this is, and always will be, A WITCH HUNT.

Will they find something? Probably. A guy like Trump isn't clean. We all know that, after all his years in real estate both in NYC and around the world. And especially with a dumb-ass like Cohen at his side all those years. Somebody screwed up somewhere.

If you put this kind of WITCH HUNT on ANYONE, especially someone wealthy, you're going to find something. Nobody worth billions has a skeleton-clean closet.

This was and is the insurance policy...except for the fact that Trump is likely to finish out his term regardless. So it wasn't much of an insurance policy, except for the payback that is likely coming to Trump down the road.

The Clintons and Obamas have always been about revenge anyway...and Trump is likely to get his dose eventually. Just not as soon as the anti-Trumpers on this board and everywhere else were hoping.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-28-2019 at 12:05 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 12:03 PM   #1153
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Who cares? What will affect me is if I ever need a lawyer...what's there left to trust? Attorney/client privilege...what a joke!!

Well said!
The trust between clients and lawyers has been shattered by the Washington charade.
It's equivalent to confessing your sins to a Priest, then he goes on TV and tells the world of your sinful nature.
In doing what he did, Cohen has really done a huge disservice to his former profession. He's brought respected Lawyers down to the gutter with him.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 12:10 PM   #1154
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
And that would be "any time now", right...?
Hey Kabong maybe you are sleep walking, the ship is sinking already.

More and more holes in the shoddy Chumpy hull of the ship of state, are springing constantly. Seems to me all the wiser rats will avoid going down with it.

A word of advice you may wanna consider.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:17 PM   #1155
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Hey Kabong maybe you are sleep walking, the ship is sinking already.

More and more holes in the shoddy Chumpy hull of the ship of state, are springing constantly. Seems to me all the wiser rats will avoid going down with it.

A word of advice you may wanna consider.
You keep saying this...one would think, with as many times as you've said this, the ship would have sunk a long time ago.