Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-28-2016, 02:28 PM   #1
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Tampa summer meet

Better not take any Gulfstream horses there!

cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Not surprised....but wow....
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 05:55 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

There is no worse track than Gulfstream.
Crappy track, haven't been able to time races for 20 years, and now this big Franky posture. Franky is he worst thing that ever happened to horse racing.

I would not bet a Straw-neck track with your money - ever. Boycott this POS.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:03 PM   #4
Zydeco

What is Salix???
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydeco
What is Salix???
Salix is a diuretic, same kind of drug as Lasix, while Lasix is a branded product.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #6
RunForTheRoses

One the one hand it seems odd that a "Winter" track is running in the summer but it is even odder to see GP running almost all year. To me it makes it less special.
Even Del Mar is getting a little played out with the added meet. Not quite as special.

GP is a bully though, put Hialeah out of business, then Calder, now this.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 06:11 PM   #7
Zydeco

lol.....thought they had misspelled Lasix!!! you know, no proof reader!
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 06:17 PM   #8
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses
One the one hand it seems odd that a "Winter" track is running in the summer but it is even odder to see GP running almost all year. To me it makes it less special.
Even Del Mar is getting a little played out with the added meet. Not quite as special.

Under Florida law this summer meet will enable TBD to be classified as a full time simulcast track and keep more of their simulcast money,which explains the pissy Gulfstream reaction.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 06:38 PM   #9
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44
Under Florida law this summer meet will enable TBD to be classified as a full time simulcast track and keep more of their simulcast money,which explains the pissy Gulfstream reaction.
Simulcast laws are pretty silly---two days and they're suddenly a year-round track. Frank's reaction is no shock though. The next classy thing he does will be the first.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 06:52 PM   #10
the little guy

I'm mystified by a lot of what I read, so bear with me, but there are a number of things in this thread that I thought were worth mentioning...

...I guess "Frank" is sort of like "NYRA" now, in that when people don't like something that happens at a Stronach track, much like NYRA being to blame for everything, whether true or not, Frank Stronach is to blame....as though he is making all the decisions, from top to bottom, for the Stronach Group. This seems unlikely to me, but OK.

However, I am just wondering, which one of you would allow horses stabled at a track you ran ( or owned, since you seem to think Frank Stronach made this call ) to ship to a competitor's track ( especially on days you are racing ) without at least getting permission?

Calling out Gulfstream for the timing issues seems more than fair. Calling them out for this, whomever made this decision, defies logic. Frankly ( to invoke his name once again ), if the person responsible for running Gulfstream did NOT do this, he would NOT be doing his job.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 08:46 PM   #11
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses

Gulfstream is running over the summer to put Monmouth Park out of business.

Part of the long term plan for Laurel.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 08:52 PM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
I'm mystified by a lot of what I read, so bear with me, but there are a number of things in this thread that I thought were worth mentioning...

...I guess "Frank" is sort of like "NYRA" now, in that when people don't like something that happens at a Stronach track, much like NYRA being to blame for everything, whether true or not, Frank Stronach is to blame....as though he is making all the decisions, from top to bottom, for the Stronach Group. This seems unlikely to me, but OK.

However, I am just wondering, which one of you would allow horses stabled at a track you ran ( or owned, since you seem to think Frank Stronach made this call ) to ship to a competitor's track ( especially on days you are racing ) without at least getting permission?

Calling out Gulfstream for the timing issues seems more than fair. Calling them out for this, whomever made this decision, defies logic. Frankly ( to invoke his name once again ), if the person responsible for running Gulfstream did NOT do this, he would NOT be doing his job.
Just to be clear, I wasn't saying there is anything wrong with this at all. The thing that caught my eye most was the "whopping" fine for not reporting new geldings.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:52 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemp Howard
Gulfstream is running over the summer to put Monmouth Park out of business.

Part of the long term plan for Laurel.
How is this any different than when Calder ran over the summer?
Old 06-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #14
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
The warning clearly states
Quote:
'ANYONE RUNNING @TAMPA ON JUNE 30 & JULY 1 WILL NOT BE ALLOWED BACK ON THE GROUNDS!!!'
It looks to me that if you ship a horse from anywhere to run at the Tampa Summer Meet, that you and your horses will be banned from Gulfstream.
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2016, 09:22 PM   #15
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY
The warning clearly states

It looks to me that if you ship a horse from anywhere to run at the Tampa Summer Meet, that you and your horses will be banned from Gulfstream.
I'm confused....what's the point of your post.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply