Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > BREEDERS' CUP 2014 > Day 2 - Saturday, November 1, 2014

Old 10-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
taxicab

3 YO's make it a great Breeders Cup Classic....

Here's the projected 3yo's in the Classic:

California Chrome: Dual Classic winner/7 time stakes winner/Frontrunner for 3yo honors.

Shared Belief: Undefeated/5 time Graded Stakes winner/Reigning 2yo Champion/Clear chalk @ 3-2 in this race.

Tonalist: Wildly talented Belmont Stakes/Jockey Club Gold Cup/Peter Pan winner.

Bayern: Triple Graded Stakes winner who's lightning fast early speed spooks everybody in any race he runs in.

V.E. Day: Travers winner sneakily enters the race(he must be doing good for conservative Trainer JJ to call an audible).

Toast Of New York: UAE Derby winner overseas/ outstanding runner up to Shared Belief in his latest.

Last edited by taxicab; 10-19-2014 at 10:21 PM.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2014, 12:01 AM   #2
MargieRose

Definitely a race worth watching!! I can't imagine anyone thinking otherwise.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2014, 04:00 AM   #3
lamboguy

this is going to be the first year in a long time that 3 year olds will dominate the classic. there is a case for anyone of those horses to step and win the race. a lot is going to depend on how the track is playing that day and the post position draw.

truthfully i don't know how any living horse player isn't excited over this race.

losing BEHOLDER and WISE DAN hurts but there will be other's that step up and bring excitement to the day.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2014, 08:10 AM   #4
Frost king

The older ranks are just horrible, and so far, the three year olds, have been a group of horses that have taken different turns at being on the top of the mountain. So this race is ripe for a Euro to come in and topple them all at a big price. We will know in a short while who is going to run. It feels like it's time for a Euro Bomb to go off in this race. Last year Declaration of War hit the board, and by all accounts, last year, was a better field.
Frost king is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #5
burnsy
self medicated

Its a good field....its the freaking classic, its always good. But I have to say its quite a stretch calling this a great field. Of course its worth watching and betting....its probably going to be a great betting race because its not a great field by classic standards. Its wide open with these horses taking turns, the older horses being sort of sub par and the undefeated horse cherry picking his spots. Cloudy to partly bomby....... look at them all this year the favorites are probably not as good as they get bet down to.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

The BC is my Super Bowl of Thoroughbred Racing. Not that I don't love the Triple Crown, but I really dive into the BC.

The field? Very good. The 3 YO entries will make it a very exciting race. BEST field ever? Of course not. Good field? Absolutely. Will I watch?

Um... yea. Can't wait.