Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-19-2017, 09:27 PM   #1
fmhealth

$300.00 into more than $28,000.

These fellows are my new heroes!! All the best gentlemen, I'll be following along at home.

Be Well,
fmhealth

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...rs-worth-28000
fmhealth is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2017, 01:48 AM   #2
Valuist

Except the $28k will be gone this weekend.

The Packers had their bye in week 4. This is their 16th game in 16 weeks and their 3rd road game in 4 weeks. They've got cluster injuries at WR and in the secondary. Dallas was a better setup for GB as they were weak in their secondary.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2017, 07:42 PM   #3
Valuist

And that parlay crashed and burned.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:23 PM   #4
fmhealth

Your analysis was spot-on Mr. V. But, I still can feel a pang of regret for our fellow gamblers. Their hearts, if not their brains were in the right spot.

Ok, on to the SB. I think the Falcons are the new iteration of the Pats. I think Falcons not only cover but win BIG!! Of course I'm usually a contrary indicator, so what do I know?

Be Well,
fmhealth
fmhealth is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2017, 08:25 PM   #5
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
And that parlay crashed and burned.
Smart people take money off the table there. Dreamers crash and burn.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2017, 08:35 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

They actually interviewed one of the guys on local radio before the game, since I had no wagers and the Redskins are my favorite team I was pulling for them to win. The best run I got was going 10-0 against the spread in the NFL playoffs starting with a $100 two game parlay in 2006. I lived in So Cal and drove to Primm Nevada every week. I let all $3,000 ride on the +150 money line on the Seahawks. I hate to blame the refs but I felt there were some bad calls that helped the Steelers.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2017, 08:48 PM   #7
lamboguy

there has been something going around the internet with a guy that took 75-1 with the Falcons before the season started and he is coming out for something like $300k. i would suggest that the guy hedge out his money on this one.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2017, 09:38 PM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
there has been something going around the internet with a guy that took 75-1 with the Falcons before the season started and he is coming out for something like $300k. i would suggest that the guy hedge out his money on this one.
I would think someone who would drop $4,000 on a 75-1 shot is pretty well off financially or crazy.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2017, 01:38 PM   #9
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
I heard about him as well. 75-1 does seem a bit high. I can't sit here and say I thought back last summer that Atlanta would be in the Super Bowl, but there was a few hints. Last year they started out 5-0 with wins over all 4 NFC East teams. Many believe the NFC East was the top conference in 2016 (I'm not sure I'm on board with that). They also were the only team to beat the 15-1 Panthers last year. The offense was explosive, although Ryan slipped a bit in 2015. But Dan Quinn is a defensive guy coming from Seattle. Would it have been a real stretch to envision some defensive improvement?

Kind of like Giacomo. I wasn't a Giacomo fan, but 20-1 was a more realistic price than 50-1. Atlanta should've been about half of that 75-1.