Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #76
Grits

Here is a portion of Rubio's just released explanation in support of Tillerson's confirmation. With a few hours to go before today's vote, he knew, as early as the morning after his questioning of Tillerson...he had no shot. Little Marco was out of his league the hour he confronted Tillerson.

Quote:
Mr. Tillerson is likely to have a potentially unprecedented level of influence over the direction of our foreign policy. I remain concerned that in the years to come, our country will not give the defense of democracy and human rights the priority they deserve, and will pursue a foreign policy that too often sets aside our values and our historic alliances in pursuit of flawed geopolitical deals. But in making my decision on his nomination, I must balance these concerns with his extensive experience and success in international commerce, and my belief that the president is entitled to significant deference when it comes to his choices for the cabinet. Given the uncertainty that exists both at home and abroad about the direction of our foreign policy, it would be against our national interests to have this confirmation unnecessarily delayed or embroiled in controversy. Therefore, despite my reservations, I will support Mr. Tillerson’s nomination in committee and in the full Senate.

However, upcoming appointments to critical posts in the Department of State are not entitled to and will not receive from me the same level of deference I have given this nomination.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2017, 04:07 PM   #77
Grits

Tillerson confirmation goes through with some democrats crossing the aisle.

"Don't sell us out, Rex! I'm expecting your skills to be used to our advantage."

No Sleeping With The Enemy.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:51 PM   #78
reckless
Veteran

Grits, why do you even think Rex Tillerson will 'sell us out'?

Being CEO of Exxon Mobil that did billions of dollars of business with Russia doesn't translate with him 'selling us out'.

Hillary Clinton, selling US commodities such as iron ore to Russia, for contributions to The Clinton Foundation, now that is someone in our government selling us out.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #79
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Grits, why do you even think Rex Tillerson will 'sell us out'?

Being CEO of Exxon Mobil that did billions of dollars of business with Russia doesn't translate with him 'selling us out'.

Hillary Clinton, selling US commodities such as iron ore to Russia, for contributions to The Clinton Foundation, now that is someone in our government selling us out.
I don't think he will as I believe he feels called to serve his country, having retired from the corp world. I have far more faith in him than I have in Trump. This morning in his speech, he noted that Renda, his wife, in these recent weeks has said to him, "you've been in training for this job for the last 41 years.

However, too, I'm sitting here having recently read the 700+ pages of Private Empire, ExxonMobil And American Power by Pulitzer Prize winning author, Steve Coll. Read it, it is an eye opener, particularly at the end where it is noted, in problem areas of ExxonMobil, there are not really suitable answers for the people that they adversely affected. Their in house attorneys will fight for decades upon decades appealing decisions. They can outlast anyone's money. This is unfortunate. I'm sorry but it is.

Tillerson's a brilliant businessman, probably the most brilliant negotiator this country's business world has ever known, along with his predecessor, Lee Raymond, though he (Raymond) lacked the patience and the finesse of Tillerson who greatly ponders every move, every decision he makes, yet he is more caring. (This was on display again this morning in his address to State Dept. staff.) Loyalty and respect are everything to this man.

Nickie Haley just announced at the U.N. that the sanctions against Russia due to their involvement in Ukraine, WILL REMAIN in place. This is outstanding to learn! I imagine Tillerson was much involved in this. Putin awarding him Russian's Friendship Award or not. I certainly hope so. ... I want badly for him to succeed in his new position.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:29 PM   #80
ebcorde
Veteran

I'll give him a chance

I listened to him If he's his own man He'll be very good. and you know I can't stand Trump. Cant wait for the moment McCain impeaches trump.

I cannot believe Trump went off on Australia .. it never to occurred him They have soldiers in Afghanistan , while his own kids Don and Eric watched the world trade Center fall in NYC and did not go to Afghanistan but the Aussies did.

and he's insulting their leader.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2017, 06:54 PM   #81
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
Cant wait for the moment McCain impeaches trump.
Last I heard, McCain is still in the Senate, and doesn't seem to carry much weight there anymore. Since only the House has the authority to impeach the President, any attempt by McCain would mean he is further gone than anyone thought.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:49 PM   #82
woodtoo

Quote:
I listened to him If he's his own man He'll be very good. and you know I can't stand Trump. Cant wait for the moment McCain impeaches trump.

I cannot believe Trump went off on Australia .. it never to occurred him They have soldiers in Afghanistan , while his own kids Don and Eric watched the world trade Center fall in NYC and did not go to Afghanistan but the Aussies did.

and he's insulting their leader.
Do you even know what the phone call entailed?
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2017, 08:42 PM   #83
fast4522

Quote:
Cant wait for the moment McCain impeaches trump.
First you have to know how this country works, It is 1000 times more likely that John McCain would stroke out before a member of the house filed articles of impeachment. Just think about that for a moment, your posts are no better than any other uneducated backwoods hillbilly. Trump has the best protecting him against any legal action, he will be the most powerful President because his skill set will enable him to destroy anyone who gets in his way combined with goals he will pick off like clockwork.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2017, 09:03 PM   #84
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Tillerson confirmation goes through with some democrats crossing the aisle.

"Don't sell us out, Rex! I'm expecting your skills to be used to our advantage."

No Sleeping With The Enemy.
Grits your posts of late are interesting, your alignment against the rich and privileged is just that. I advise this is big league players against inept and dated people who have had nothing good in ideas for a very long time. Everyone has sold out the middle class to the point even the most brilliant minds know the progressive left has nothing to offer in solutions. The only way out of this mess is growth, the only ones able to pull out a comeback are the new team. Now I know your not comfortable thinking this way, but it is not about your comfort is it really ?
Old 02-02-2017, 09:08 PM   #85
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
Do you even know what the phone call entailed?

no just saying what I would have been thinking.

That MOFO is playing footsies with Putin I am tired of it.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:25 PM   #86
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
First you have to know how this country works, It is 1000 times more likely that John McCain would stroke out before a member of the house filed articles of impeachment. Just think about that for a moment, your posts are no better than any other uneducated backwoods hillbilly. Trump has the best protecting him against any legal action, he will be the most powerful President because his skill set will enable him to destroy anyone who gets in his way combined with goals he will pick off like clockwork.

yeah keep playing with Putin. You don't think nobody notices.

Iran - oh Mofo, you're on notice. Think the worse a-holes.
Russia attacking in Ukraine NOTHING

Russia will never ever be our friends or anyone else. I tired of hearing their name, Russia. Russia topic rarely came up until this traitor came on the scene with his SCARE shit.

You love Trump. 2001 he and kids looking out the window at the world trade center Sept 11 2001 YET 2002 Australian troops go to Afghanistan. 42 die.
now AUS is shit to him???

1942 my dad age 14 joins Marines, 2 uncles 17 Navy. . Rich ,Poor, white, black, brown all served in WWII for our country. All of us did. EXCEPT FRED F'ING TRUMP (like the middle name).

so now tell me what did any Trump do, EVER? I have a huge problem with this c-sucker and his family.

ever see the old westerns , the riflemen? Trump is the guy organizing a mob for a lynching.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:54 PM   #87
ebcorde
Veteran

I'm not attacking you guys

I am sick and tired of Trump scaring people. 'm not afraid. not even close.
I have a higher chance of dying on the road.

it ticks me off. maybe I'm bred different I can track family to the Missouri River around Louisiana purchase. to Kansas city 1830 census. Means nothing

BUT I not scared ever of anybody. I'm not big, I sure am crazy as my mom said 1,000,000 times "you're just like your dad" Well he was Crazy to join Marines 14 just to tell big bros they pussies. lol.

I got 2 bros 49 now . both LT.COL one in MI. little bros tell me 'You're nuts" too

I'm not scared of these people. they are a MID LEVEL PRIORITY. Trump should shut his face.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:05 PM   #88
fast4522

Quote:
yeah keep playing with Putin. You don't think nobody notices.

Iran - oh Mofo, you're on notice. Think the worse a-holes.
Russia attacking in Ukraine NOTHING

Russia will never ever be our friends or anyone else. I tired of hearing their name, Russia. Russia topic rarely came up until this traitor came on the scene with his SCARE shit.

You love Trump. 2001 he and kids looking out the window at the world trade center Sept 11 2001 YET 2002 Australian troops go to Afghanistan. 42 die.
now AUS is shit to him???

1942 my dad age 14 joins Marines, 2 uncles 17 Navy. . Rich ,Poor, white, black, brown all served in WWII for our country. All of us did. EXCEPT FRED F'ING TRUMP (like the middle name).

so now tell me what did any Trump do, EVER? I have a huge problem with this c-sucker and his family.

ever see the old westerns , the riflemen? Trump is the guy organizing a mob for a lynching.
For starters, your way off base. Everything Obama did in foreign policy was a complete failure. Everyone should look for something that is really good that comes out of every administration to come, to do that you have to give Presidents a chance. Now your going to say like they gave Obama, to that it can only be said that it is over. Now you can go on and on, but it will not change what will be.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:18 PM   #89
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
Grits your posts of late are interesting, your alignment against the rich and privileged is just that. I advise this is big league players against inept and dated people who have had nothing good in ideas for a very long time. Everyone has sold out the middle class to the point even the most brilliant minds know the progressive left has nothing to offer in solutions. The only way out of this mess is growth, the only ones able to pull out a comeback are the new team. Now I know your not comfortable thinking this way, but it is not about your comfort is it really ?
What was it about my second post regarding Rex Tillerson that you failed to understand? Or did you simply miss it altogether?

When you know nothing of me, what leads you to believe I've managed to achieve, in my lifetime, only the level of middle class? Or that I, somehow, have an axe to grind with the rich?

In retrospect, I know more about growth than I've ever let be known here. I surely have nothing against hard work, and not a thing against wealth. I do have something against how one chooses to handle both, and because of this, no, I don't have a great amount of love for President Trump as the leader of my country. I'm leaning on those around him with the exception of Betsy DeVos, who has given over 200 million to Republicans in an attempt to buy her cabinet seat. She's big league to you? Sorry, I find her big league stupid. She is totally without merit, grossly incompetent and one of the biggest mistakes that could ever come down the pike, if confirmed.

I do hope President Trump proves to be your Savior. Those folks in the jungle many years ago? They thought Jim Jones was theirs.

I don't need your advise, still, thank you.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:55 AM   #90
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
What was it about my second post regarding Rex Tillerson that you failed to understand? Or did you simply miss it altogether?

When you know nothing of me, what leads you to believe I've managed to achieve, in my lifetime, only the level of middle class? Or that I, somehow, have an axe to grind with the rich?

In retrospect, I know more about growth than I've ever let be known here. I surely have nothing against hard work, and not a thing against wealth. I do have something against how one chooses to handle both, and because of this, no, I don't have a great amount of love for President Trump as the leader of my country. I'm leaning on those around him with the exception of Betsy DeVos, who has given over 200 million to Republicans in an attempt to buy her cabinet seat. She's big league to you? Sorry, I find her big league stupid. She is totally without merit, grossly incompetent and one of the biggest mistakes that could ever come down the pike, if confirmed.

I do hope President Trump proves to be your Savior. Those folks in the jungle many years ago? They thought Jim Jones was theirs.

I don't need your advise, still, thank you.
I am not giving you advice at all, how you fail is these folks have all taken huge pay cuts to do this. They are not going to enrich themselves as part of the process like Clinton did. I think they all see those who put us all on a losing path as low life demons and want to cast them out. We all have some degree of wiggle room to be wrong, but if Trump and his team accomplish just half it will be more than the left has done period. Time is the great judge, you and I will visit this in a few years from now here I am sure.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: