Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-12-2017, 03:01 PM   #46
Grits

Gentlemen, last night after posting, I spent time watching videos on YouTube of Tillerson delivering keynote addresses and being interviewed by the likes of journalist, Charlie Rose and others. Throughout these, again, I noted this man's demeanor, and one of his outstanding skillsets, the ability of listen. This ability, to be a good listener--for the purpose of learning, as opposed to only the need to quickly engage, to respond or rebuke. .... I noticed, yesterday, how many times Marco Rubio interrupted Tillerson, or worse, talked over him while he tried to speak. Shutting down the dialogue, back to Rubio. This morning I also spent time searching new reports on his performance in yesterday's hearing, and other activities while Chairman/CEO of Exxon Mobil.

The first thing of obvious note was the bias at the Washington Post. With the understanding that the piece linked by NJSt. was an OPINION/EDITORIAL one. This type of reporting is wrought with the bias of one person. However, all the publication is biased--fact based or not.

Here's a piece different from the one NJ linked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...xperience/5876

Another piece from NYT. This one told, without flagrant bias, the actual proceeding. Still, I'm aware the Times isn't found favorable with you all either. Perhaps, though, it's more on point than the WP.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/u...-hearings.html

Bear with me, gentlemen, please. This one gives background into Tillerson's relationship with Russia as Chairman of ExxonMobil. It delves into the guts of the work undertaken particularly during the time Russia and his company struck, probably, the biggest deal in the history of the world. The billions ExxonMobil will derive. This includes information prior to the sanctions being leveled towards Russia with notes of changes after 2014.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/20/w...-of-state.html

I stand by what I said, yesterday and last night, and I hope he is confirmed. I believe, as an engineer by trade, as he indicated, he prefers to have facts in front of him. He had next to none. I can handle this, as opposed to opinion. Winging it, to tell a bunch of suits (elected or not) what they want to hear for the purpose of being hired for the job. .... It ain't like this man needs the money when he was presented with a 180 million exit package that brings his assets in ExxonMobil, alone, to 245 million.

I have to end this with admitting. I loathe Donald Trump. He speaks of women like the pig that he is. He mocked a man with disabilites, again, like the pig that he is. (I'll never forgive this one--good thing he wasn't my son. Good thing I wasn't in attendance.) I may soften with his policies, if he does a good job as president. We'll see. I just want, Mr.IKnowThings to have the best people in the country surrounding him.

At this point, to tell the honest truth, he reminds me, more than anything else, of a damn goat herder. His charges, Donald, Ivannka, Jared, and Eric, trailing behind him everywhere he goes, 24/7/365. .... Not a one of us elected (by proxy) four goats for the office of President of the United States. I hope they can keep from eating the furniture and soiling the White House carpets.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 03:10 PM   #47
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Who cares if Clinton or Obama did or not. We already know Putin wants to deal with Trump - not Hillary just by whose emails were released. And we know there is no there is no warmth with Obama and Putin. But we do know the Tiller is best buddies with Putin and Trump appears to be a good buddy too.

I prefer not to deal with Putin using his best American friends. Apparently, this means little to Trump voters. I don't get it but that's not a big surprise either.
Stinky, please!

Tillerson and Putin are not "friends". "Business is business, friends are friends" is the mantra for anyone that's negotiated contracts in Procurement. Tillerson is a million notches over my head professionally, but I'm sure it's the same game
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #48
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Trump is going to turn out to be one of the best President's this country has ever seen. Mark my words.
I'd like to discuss this in depth but I'm going to the gym. Got to work off some of this hostility!
Old 01-12-2017, 03:12 PM   #49
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Stinky, please!

Tillerson and Putin are not "friends". "Business is business, friends are friends" is the mantra for anyone that's negotiated contracts in Procurement. Tillerson is a million notches over my head professionally, but I'm sure it's the same game
Got to go so you got the last word.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:13 PM   #50
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Trump is going to turn out to be one of the best President's this country has ever seen. Mark my words.
He has already buried Obama and Carter. Clinton is not far off.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #51
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Who cares if Clinton or Obama did or not. We already know Putin wants to deal with Trump - not Hillary just by whose emails were released. And we know there is no there is no warmth with Obama and Putin. But we do know the Tiller is best buddies with Putin and Trump appears to be a good buddy too.

I prefer not to deal with Putin using his best American friends. Apparently, this means little to Trump voters. I don't get it but that's not a big surprise either.
That is just so ridiculous.
What we know is Hillary failed to properly secure her emails and she sent classified material to some not cleared to received and his account was hacked by Russia and China. The rest is speculation on your part.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #52
Grits

Quote:
Stinky, please!

You're right. They're not friends. A friend is someone you can call in the middle of the night.. Day or night, 365 days a year.

"HEY, VLAD, I NEED YOUR HELP?"

Continents away, good luck with that one, Rex.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #53
ElKabong

Quote:
Got to go so you got the last word.
I'm open to your reply later on. No bad feelings on this end, senor
Old 01-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #54
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
You're right. They're not friends. A friend is someone you can call in the middle of the night.. Day or night, 365 days a year.

"HEY, VLAD, I NEED YOUR HELP?"

Continents away, good luck with that one, Rex.
Business is business. He'll do what his boss tells him to do & perform to the best possible standard, it's how he climbed the ladder at Exxon. If Trump asks him to do anything he doesn't personally feel comfortable with, he'll step down.

He's not in this for money. I think he has enough of that already..I don't think he's after power, that would be something out of charachter to him. If power were his drug, he'd still be CEO of the most powerful corp on earth (and trying to manipulate and micro manage)

Look, people down here of my generation still look at serving as a priviledge. Sounds hokey I know, but there are still some like that. I don't see how much Tillerson can gain financially here vs his legacy. At this point in his life I think he'd like to serve. He;s already made a fortune

my 2 cents..
Old 01-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #55
boxcar

Quote:

It seems to me, Stinky, that if Obama is cool or cold toward Putin, he would be most inclined to condemn him as a war criminal.

And your second sentence is a non sequitur. The issue is not about who Putin wants to deal with. (Besides what in the world does that have to do with his alleged war crimes? ) The issue is why hasn't the U.S., under this Obama administration, officially condemned Putin for war crimes.

Finally, I do believe, as you do, that Obama doesn't care much for Putin -- but not on the basis of their shared commie ideology! Obama's chemistry isn't good with Putin on personal level because Putin has been eating Obama's lunch for the last 8 years. Obama, intellectually, is no match for Putin and he knows it!
Old 01-12-2017, 04:07 PM   #56
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The issue is why hasn't the U.S., under this Obama administration, officially condemned Putin for war crimes.
Because thay could counter-charge him of the same thing?Obma is a serial mass-murderer by his own standards.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:12 PM   #57
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom

Because thay could counter-charge him of the same thing?Obma is a serial mass-murderer by his own standards.
OUCH!
Old 01-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #58
Grits

Quote:
Business is business. He'll do what his boss tells him to do & perform to the best possible standard, it's how he climbed the ladder at Exxon. If Trump asks him to do anything he doesn't personally feel comfortable with, he'll step down.

He's not in this for money. I think he has enough of that already..I don't think he's after power, that would be something out of charachter to him. If power were his drug, he'd still be CEO of the most powerful corp on earth (and trying to manipulate and micro manage)

Look, people down here of my generation still look at serving as a priviledge. Sounds hokey I know, but there are still some like that. I don't see how much Tillerson can gain financially here vs his legacy. At this point in his life I think he'd like to serve. He;s already made a fortune

my 2 cents..
This was one of my points in my long post...this man doesn't need the money. I believe he is hoping that he can make a difference. And, he may be the exact person to do so. I just read a piece at CBS on our military landing and moving equipment into Poland.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #59
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
This was one of my points in my long post...this man doesn't need the money. I believe he is hoping that he can make a difference. And, he may be the exact person to do so. I just read a piece at CBS on our military landing and moving equipment into Poland.
I see one point through all these confirmation hearings: Russia bad Russia evil Russia war crimes Russia Russia Russia.
Start war with Russia.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 05:19 PM   #60
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
I see one point through all these confirmation hearings: Russia bad Russia evil Russia war crimes Russia Russia Russia.
Start war with Russia.
I know. Me, too. This anger on Capital Hill is escalating. But Woodtoo, how many of these members of Congess have sons and daughters that they would be willing to send to war against Russia? Bring back the draft? Move those that are already serving in other parts of the world? This is frightening stuff.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: