Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #136
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
You noticed that too? I thought I was imagining things...
After the inauguration, you will be required to read every thread started and sign off that you read it all and understand the points being made.

Sorry, out of our hands......Washington is mandating this.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #137
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Protect me from what, exactly?
YOU?

Yeah, man, I am shaking in my boots every time I see your name.
I view you as a source of entertainment. I could put you on ignore, but frankly, yo like a car wreck. I just have see how stupid you get day by day.
So far, you are amazing me!
I actually agree with you. I'm not sure why he feels the need to protect you...but he clearly was yesterday, no?

In fact, he seemed more upset about it all than you did. Weird...
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2017, 09:52 AM   #138
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
This, from Post #2 in series of 5 in a row all bitching about us old farts. Priceless!

Oh, when the polls were rigged to favor Hillary, we had plenty of libs posting here. Funny, after Trump! pulled down their pants, most disappeared.
We will see who is laughing in about a year when you all realize you got sold a lemon.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:52 AM   #139
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
After the inauguration, you will be required to read every thread started and sign off that you read it all and understand the points being made.

Sorry, out of our hands......Washington is mandating this.
Naw...I think I might be able to come up with something that will suit me a little better.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:00 AM   #140
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
After modifying my posts to fit his agenda, PA has now disabled my private messages.

Good idea PA....delete the evidence of all you were saying yesterday to me privately.
I didn't delete a thing. I just banned your access to PM. Anything you have to say, you can say out in the open. Wouldn't want you spreading more lies.

And speaking of PMs, you told me after your last PM to me to not bother responding, since you won't be back to read it.

Didn't take long for you to backtrack on that promise. Good boy. I need the hits to keep cashing those monster checks.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2017, 10:04 AM   #141
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Come on Dahoss...admit just one thing...you're absolutely stunned that you haven't been banned yet (again), right?
Old 01-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #142
delayjf

Quote:
We will see who is laughing in about a year when you all realize you got sold a lemon.
Trump kept Hillary out of office, as far as I'm concerned
Mission Accomplished.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #143
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Come on Dahoss...admit just one thing...you're absolutely stunned that you haven't been banned yet (again), right?
You altered my posts to fit your agenda and protect your lies and disabled my pm's. Yeah that sure is fair

People know the truth, which is all that matters to me.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #144
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf
Trump kept Hillary out of office, as far as I'm concerned
Mission Accomplished.
I know, I know, you won. I get it.

But if your life does not improve. If things become worse. If he doesn't fulfill his promises will that be worth it?

Are you guys that far gone?
Old 01-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #145
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I said that up front - expect nothing, just keep Hillary out.
Anything else is gravy.
Worst case, nothing changes.
That is still better than Hillary.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #146
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You altered my posts to fit your agenda and protect your lies and disabled my pm's. Yeah that sure is fair

I altered your post to troll you, like you are trolling me, which you admitted to doing in one of our various PMs to each other yesterday.

You're a self-described troll.

That's the only truth to come out of you lately.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #147
Grits

We don't agree on this and that will always be ok. We have some excellent writers here at Pace Advantage. Class, as I mentioned is one, Thask's fine writing skill was established long, long ago and Rich Halvey is every bit equal to the aforementioned two, as is Boxie. These four, along with others that don't just write, with every reply, a three sentence "drive by" with little to nothing to support their points? They are valuable. Rich and Boxie may be retired, I'm not sure; though, I'm pretty sure Class and Thask are not.

I understand what you're saying about full work loads of 40 to 50 hours a week. I get that. Too, this can be easily seen as another place solely for entertainment. Yet, even in the realm of entertaining ourselves, we usually take time for what matters to us. Some of us do a better job than others, some of us can commit more time than others.

I don't want to term anyone as going on and on and on. Not when I've gleaned something from their efforts, and the majority of the time, I do.

There is one other thing worth noting. I pay attention to the number of posters/guests online here. And, as well, to what they are reading, where they are reading. It is rare that the numbers in Off Topic stand at 130 to 150 as it has in recent weeks. .... There's a reason for this, Elka. Much of what is being written is more than worthwhile. And I thank each one who shares their thoughts. If they were on debate teams in school, they had to have fared well.

The internet, whether here or on social media, is what we're stuck with today. It ain't like we're all gonna gather at a symposium. So, we do the best we can at our favorite hotspots.

Edit to add: How could I forget JohnHannibal !!! Another great writer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Exceptionally poor synopsis

Two major reasons why most people (including conservatives) don't write mini books on the same subject, over and over again...

*We have full time jobs. Full time jobs nowadays equate to 50 hours or more per week, not 40 hours. Look at the two most windy posters here (posters that go on...and on...and on..). They're retired.

*The Internet is NOT the proper vehicle for a lengthy serial monologue on political subjects. Face to face discussions are the best way to get points across in a calm and friendly manner. The Internet (forums and such) are best used for brief comments or linking news items. This forum and others are best served as such. Again, the Internet simply isn't the best vehicle to carry on lengthy posts.

Last edited by Grits; 01-17-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2017, 02:27 PM   #148
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
We don't agree on this and that will always be ok. We have some excellent writers here at Pace Advantage. Class, as I mentioned is one, Thask's fine writing skill was established long, long ago and Rich Halvey is every bit equal to the aforementioned two, as is Boxie. These four, along with others that don't just write, with every reply, a three sentence "drive by" with little to nothing to support their points? They are valuable. Rich and Boxie may be retired, I'm not sure; though, I'm pretty sure Class and Thask are not.

I understand what you're saying about full work loads of 40 to 50 hours a week. I get that. Too, this can be easily seen as another place solely for entertainment. Yet, even in the realm of entertaining ourselves, we usually take time for what matters to us. Some of us do a better job than others, some of us can commit more time than others.

I don't want to term anyone as going on and on and on. Not when I've gleaned something from their efforts, and the majority of the time, I do.

There is one other thing worth noting. I pay attention to the number of posters/guests online here. And, as well, to what they are reading, where they are reading. It is rare that the numbers in Off Topic stand at 130 to 150 as it has in recent weeks. .... There's a reason for this, Elka. Much of what is being written is more than worthwhile. And I thank each one who shares their thoughts. If they were on debate teams in school, they had to have fared well.

The internet, whether here or on social media, is what we're stuck with today. It ain't like we're all gonna gather at a symposium. So, we do the best we can at our favorite hotspots.

Edit to add: How could I forget JohnHannibal !!! Another great writer.
You and SoCalFan (Diane) are pure gold. I couldn't get mad at either of you even if I tried. Only woman I respect more than the two of you is my wife.

We'll agree to disagree on lengthy posts, for sure. A PA poster here locally that I met at lone star is as liberal as it gets here. We used to spar online over politics during the week, then see each other at the track. Talk politics for maybe two minutes max, our positions were covered in a civil manner... Then we'd go about betting and talking horses.

My experience (just my experience) has been nothing gets resolved in online forums, be it politics or football... But once a real conversation begins, people begin to see the other side of things.

But I do love this forum. JR's links, NJ Stinks non emotional comments about the left side of things..., it all makes for a great board.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2017, 09:23 PM   #149
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:

And they proved it at the election. Right on.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 10:57 PM   #150
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Look in the mirror DB.

You're nothing more than an Internet Tough Guy, but in real life, you'd likely shit your pants before you dare say some of the shit you've said to people on here while hiding behind your keyboard.

Dahoss...Internet Gun For Hire...
There are several people on this site that you could say that to. Why are you singling one particular person out?
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply