Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-16-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Joe Mixon video

Absolutely disgusting. I won't post it here you can find it if you want to see it.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2016, 06:42 PM   #2
ldiatone

bad really bad. viewed this listen to this guy on the radio
Clay Travis
(@ClayTravis)
Bob Stoops and school president David Boren watched this video & kept Joe Mixon on scholarship. Indefensible:

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2016, 06:53 PM   #3
TJDave

Indefensible. That's what college and professional sports has become.

No program, except those that don't matter, are immune.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:10 AM   #4
ElKabong

Have to wonder about a kid's upbringing that would beat a girl that can't harm him. This all started at home, where he was taught right from wrong and whom to respect and who he could do whatever he wanted.

Mack brown had a lot of discipline problems on the team beginning in 2006. He was told in the middle of 2007 to tighten it up or hit the road (McCombs and Jamal supposedly gave the edict). For two years we had as bad a program as any in the nation, criminal wise.

The program was purged of bad influences, lost productive players but we were better in the end for it

Ou wouldn't have won the big12 without him, so Stoops got his payoff out of the kid. Hopefully the girl sues his ass after he signs an nfl contract.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2016, 02:41 AM   #5
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

NFL will enable this behavior, guy like jerry jones will draft him.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2016, 05:02 AM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Am I missing something? The video I watched only showed him throwing one punch? Did he do something else?
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2016, 08:36 AM   #7
Ocala Mike

Ralph, he broke her face with that one punch. In my world, men don't hit women with closed fists after getting baby slapped.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Am I missing something? The video I watched only showed him throwing one punch? Did he do something else?
That one punch was pretty lethal and I think he also spit on her.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:22 AM   #9
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
Ralph, he broke her face with that one punch. In my world, men don't hit women with closed fists after getting baby slapped.
I agree. I just kept reading about how bad the video was and then watched it, thinking I was going to see more.

You gotta remember, I've been around a ton of beatings and assaults in my life........I'm not the guy to be judging beatings on a curve......
Old 12-17-2016, 11:48 AM   #10
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Have to wonder about a kid's upbringing that would beat a girl that can't harm him. This all started at home, where he was taught right from wrong and whom to respect and who he could do whatever he wanted.
I've heard this argument and it is silly. There are plenty of kids that have great upbringings that do things as bad and even much worse than Mixon did later in life.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:21 AM   #11
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I've heard this argument and it is silly. There are plenty of kids that have great upbringings that do things as bad and even much worse than Mixon did later in life.
Disagree with you. If a kid punches a girl that has no ability to harm him, his upbringing is exposed. I'm not confusing upbringing with socio-economic background. Plenty of kids from "respectable" homes were raised by absentee, or lousy parents.

He obviously didn't think twice about hitting a girl. According to the girl, He also didn't think twice about taunting her gay friend, which escalated the exchange between the girl and Mixon

Speaking of ou, looks like Dee Dee Westbrook also had domestic battery issues before playing for the Sooners.

Last edited by ElKabong; 12-19-2016 at 01:22 AM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2016, 10:23 AM   #12
Valuist

How about Stoops' comment? "If this act occurred today, the penalty (for Mixon) would've been much harsher."

So he's basically saying that in 2014, he wasn't aware that beating up a woman was wrong. Apparently the Ray Rice incident was an eye-opener? Let's not forget, Goeddel felt that (possibly) using deflated footballs was a worse offense than what Rice did.....until the public backlash was too much, and Rice's suspension had to be extended.

Let's face it: if Rice was 26 years old and could still be productive, he'd be playing. And if Mixon wasn't capable of rushing for 1100 yards, they might have kicked him off the team.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #13
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I watched this vid a couple more times. Her head and face hitting that table looks pretty bad..........on a second viewing. Ouch!
Old 12-22-2016, 02:22 PM   #14
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Disagree with you. If a kid punches a girl that has no ability to harm him, his upbringing is exposed. I'm not confusing upbringing with socio-economic background. Plenty of kids from "respectable" homes were raised by absentee, or lousy parents.

He obviously didn't think twice about hitting a girl. According to the girl, He also didn't think twice about taunting her gay friend, which escalated the exchange between the girl and Mixon

Speaking of ou, looks like Dee Dee Westbrook also had domestic battery issues before playing for the Sooners.
So how do you explain children that come from the same exact upbringing and two are model citizens and one a hardened criminal?
Old 12-22-2016, 02:38 PM   #15
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
So how do you explain children that come from the same exact upbringing and two are model citizens and one a hardened criminal?
Do a google search for "Black sheep syndrome".

Lots of theories and some actual work has been done on it