Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > 2014 PaceAdvantage Challenge Series, sponsored by RDSS > Brisnet.com PaceAdvantage Inter-Board Handicapping League (P.A.I.H.L.)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #76
jdhanover

This is a great contest...and it is FREE!!!! I am amazed/saddened that there is so much animosity on this. It isn't like anyone 'cheated'.

Now if we could post picks after the race....maybe I'd get half of them right!

MOVE ON!!!!
jdhanover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #77
cj's dad

Good God Almighty- do some of you have nothing better to do in you r lives than to argue about a free contest? There was nothing devious or underhanded about my late posts this past Saturday. As I posted earlier, cj was out of town. I had heard nothing from WW and as I logged on at 4 PM or so, I remembered about the contest. The contest will not in any way cahnge my life. It;s a fun thing to do. I posted for event 2 withing 10-12 minutes of logging in. I posted the balance of the last 6 races within 20 minutes or so of event 3. Some of you here apparently have no life. Get one and move on. There is a life beyond free h'capping contests.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #78
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
Good God Almighty- do some of you have nothing better to do in you r lives than to argue about a free contest? There was nothing devious or underhanded about my late posts this past Saturday. As I posted earlier, cj was out of town. I had heard nothing from WW and as I logged on at 4 PM or so, I remembered about the contest. The contest will not in any way cahnge my life. It;s a fun thing to do. I posted for event 2 withing 10-12 minutes of logging in. I posted the balance of the last 6 races within 20 minutes or so of event 3. Some of you here apparently have no life. Get one and move on. There is a life beyond free h'capping contests.
My sentiments entirely
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2014, 09:54 PM   #79
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad

These people never post in the forums but come out of the woodwork for the free handouts in these challenge series contests........

Never seen so many 254 post posters in my life

Instead of crying about past posting come on the forums and talk some horses/sports.......or at least some religion
Old 01-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #80
FiveWide

First off let me be clear in that I have no problem with the ruling on this issue. But I do believe Rule 6 needs to be re-written as it's contradictory.
I'm stating the full rule from the Rules thread and highlighting what I believe is contradictory.

"POSTING

-- One member of each team is responsible for posting that team's selections each week. (It does not have to be the same person each week, however, in the event of multiple postings, the first posting will be considered the team's official selections.).
-- ALL selections must be contained within a single posting and be posted at least one minute prior to the off time of the first contest race. (Players are responsible for the accuracy of their time-stamp.). Late postings will be scored $0 for each race missed. Two suggestions:
(a) Before clicking the "SUBMIT" button, click the "PREVIEW POST" button to review your selections.
(b) If it looks like you might miss the first contest race, DO NOT hurry up and submit selections for only the 1st contest race. Trust us in saying that only very bad things will happen with regard to scoring your team that week. Instead, take the time required to get all of your selections posted in a single posting, even if it means missing a race or two.
-- A late posting will only be scored on races that run a minute after the post.
-- While teams are allow only one selection posting, subject posting may be edited within the brief time as allowed by the PaceAdvantage forum application, as long as the "edit" time stamp is at least 1 minute prior to the contest race off time. After that, no other alterations are allowed after that first post.
"

First it's stated ALL selections must be made prior to the first contest race. Then it talks about late posting in the next sentence. I know the intent but I think it could be worded a little differently for clarity. I'll give it my best shot.

" -- ALL selections must be contained within a single posting and be posted at least one minute prior to the off time of the first contest race. (Players are responsible for the accuracy of their time-stamp.). In the event a team cannot get ALL their selections in at least one minute prior to the off time of the first contest race a late posting is allowed, but at a penalty cost. Late postings will be scored $0 for each race missed."

The remainder of the rule remains unchanged.

-Five
FiveWide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #81
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Move on gentleman.........

The crying is getting very old......
Old 01-29-2014, 12:44 AM   #82
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
Move on gentleman.........

The crying is getting very old......

Agreed. But FiveWide wasn't crying. He/she was only pointing out an apparent inconsistency in the rules.

Let's move on.

[YT="It'll be a brighter day tomorrow."]jHPOzQzk9Qo[/YT]
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2014, 09:32 AM   #83
Ted Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveWide
First it's stated ALL selections must be made prior to the first contest race. Then it talks about late posting in the next sentence. I know the intent but I think it could be worded a little differently for clarity. I'll give it my best shot.

" -- ALL selections must be contained within a single posting and be posted at least one minute prior to the off time of the first contest race. (Players are responsible for the accuracy of their time-stamp.). In the event a team cannot get ALL their selections in at least one minute prior to the off time of the first contest race a late posting is allowed, but at a penalty cost. Late postings will be scored $0 for each race missed."

The remainder of the rule remains unchanged.

-Five
Thank you 'Five' for your proposed Rule wording 'tune-up'. We'll certainly look at that for next year's PAIHL Contest.

All the best,

Ted

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-29-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #84
dirty moose

Can you double up on your second pick? ex 5-6-6 (1-2)
dirty moose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #85
Charli125

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty moose
Can you double up on your second pick? ex 5-6-6 (1-2)
Seems to me this would results in $6 across the board on the 5 and 6, and the same exacta scenario as if you had it 6-6-5.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #86
dirty moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli125
Seems to me this would results in $6 across the board on the 5 and 6, and the same exacta scenario as if you had it 6-6-5.
Yea, I just want to know if that is allowed.
dirty moose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #87
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty moose
Yea, I just want to know if that is allowed.
I haven't seen it, and I wouldn't recommend using it unless the moderators say yes beforehand.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #88
LAP_520

Doubling up on a horse number has to be written as this..

6, 6, 5 ( alt, alt )

Any other way is not allowed.

Shown on each race day thread.....

2 Selection Method
3 – 3 – 7 (4 – 12) top 2 picks with the alternates being 4 & 12 in that order.
Team would receive $6.00 payouts for #3; $4.00 payouts for #3; and $2.00 payouts for #7 for Win/Place/Show (assuming no scratches)
Team would receive 4 x $3.00 Exacta Ticket with 3-7
and 2 x $3.00 Exacta Ticket with 7-3

Last edited by LAP_520; 02-01-2014 at 05:58 PM.
LAP_520 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #89
horses4courses

Bogus info on Xpressbet

Xpressbet listed all races off turf today at TAM in their changes section.

The was playable in R10 on soft turf.

Might have helped had I known about it.......
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #90
LAP_520

FEB 8 2014

FYI..... Event 5 of PAIHL Contest today ----

Oaklawn Park has canceled its card for Saturday, Feb. 8, because of sub-freezing temperatures and several inches of snow that fell overnight.

Last edited by LAP_520; 02-08-2014 at 11:35 AM.
LAP_520 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply