Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > PaceAdvantage Arlington Outing 2016 - Sat July 23d

Old 06-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #31
jdhanover

Thinking Jamesons for dinner Saturday (same place as last year) - thought that worked very well. Open to other ideas though.

Jon
jdhanover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #32
Capper Al

Last year's restaurant worked well. Easy enough format.

I might be bring as my guest the former CEO of the now defunct Great Lakes Raceway. He's an interesting fellow. He mostly owned and trained horses before getting into managing the track. He knows pedigree well. Because of some health issues, I'm calling it 50/50 that he will come.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #33
Capper Al

On another note, who showed up last year and didn't bet? I'm thinking of not betting this year. If I can be at Arlington and not bet will have to be seen. I'm too much of a techie. The day is more about the people than the horses. It was a fun day.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #34
goforgin
goforgin

Jon, wanted to let you know that I have a guest coming with me for just Saturday only, both track and dinner. Thanks, Jim.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #35
stuball

Thumbs up Save me some room for Saturday

Put me down for Saturday with 1 additional....have surgery coming up but not till July....would like to stay for Saturday meal if my stamina holds up...
so yes but maybe for meal..sorry I missed it last year.

Stuball
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #36
thaskalos

I won't know about joining you guys for dinner until I see how my day goes.

I came up with a new diet idea which is working out fabulously so far...and I'd like to suggest it to those of you who might be in need of such a thing.

Very simple. I refuse to eat until I cash a bet for the day...and, as a result, the pounds are just melting off.

I lost 17 pounds in May alone.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #37
jdhanover

Updated attendees as I have it (all for Fri & Sat unless noted). I suspect a few more are to be heard from:

Jdhanover
Thaskalos. Dinner – 50/50
Illinoisbred
Tbwinner
GoforGin Saturday only (or is that just for your guest?) plus guest. Dinner - both
ArlJm78 (will be there Sat with work colleagues). Dinner – no. Friday - no

CapperAl – Saturday only possibly plus guest. Dinner – guest is 50/50

Stuball – Saturday only plus 1 guest Dinner -50/50

Helles – doubtful

Mostpost – Saturday only Dinner - no

CapperAl – that would be great if he could join us. Sound very interesting! Hope he can make it.

Thaskalos – 50/50 on dinner….with all the lost weight you will have a big appetite! J

Stuball – excellent! Look forward to seeing you again!

BTW, my flight is due at 2:05 Friday (have an out of town business meeting to attend). I plan to go straight to Arlington from the airport. When we get closer I’ll post a few more details.

I spoke to Jessica Pacheco on Sunday for a few minutes. She is likely to swing by our group for a few minutes on that Saturday to say hi and talk with us. I'll find out that day when she will do so. Will also see if I can get one or two other AP folks to stop by.

Last edited by jdhanover; 06-11-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #38
goforgin
goforgin

Jon, to clarify, I will be there both Friday and Saturday, plus dinner Saturday. My guest will be there just Saturday only, plus wil go to dinner with us.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #39
tbwinner

Unfortunately it does not look like I will be able to make it for the weekend. We are short staffed and I can't get away from work all too often (living in Des Moines IA area now).

Had a great time last year and will miss meeting up with you guys again. Enjoy the weekend and hopefully the weather is great!
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #40
jdhanover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner
Unfortunately it does not look like I will be able to make it for the weekend. We are short staffed and I can't get away from work all too often (living in Des Moines IA area now).

Had a great time last year and will miss meeting up with you guys again. Enjoy the weekend and hopefully the weather is great!
No excuses Chris!!!! Hope you wind up swinging it at the last minute
Old 06-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #41
jdhanover

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforgin
Jon, to clarify, I will be there both Friday and Saturday, plus dinner Saturday. My guest will be there just Saturday only, plus wil go to dinner with us.
Got it - great!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #42
jdhanover

Updated attendees as I have it.:

Jdhanover
Thaskalos. Dinner – 50/50
Illinoisbred
GoforGin Saturday only (or is that just for your guest?) plus guest. Dinner - both
ArlJim78 (will be there Sat with work colleagues). Dinner – no. Friday - no
CapperAl – Saturday only possibly plus guest. Dinner – guest is 50/50
Stuball – Saturday only plus 1 guest Dinner -50/50
Mostpost – Saturday only Dinner – no

Based on this I think we are between 6 and 10 for dinner. I will make a reservation for 10 at Jamesons and adjust as we finalize.

Jamesons Charhouse:
1702 W Algonquin Rd, Mt Prospect, IL ‎

If anyone else wants to join in the fun, please do so!

Last edited by jdhanover; 06-16-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #43
stuball

Thumbs up reservations

I am updating my reservations...Just me for the track on Saturday...
I will not be able to go to the meal after..have to go home so that is where it is...I have to have a CT scan on the 12th of July and surgery on my ear
the end of July...by the way I checked Limestone's record and that was a helluva claim...Great Job......See you all Saturday about 11:30 or 12..

Stuball
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #44
jdhanover

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball
I am updating my reservations...Just me for the track on Saturday...
I will not be able to go to the meal after..have to go home so that is where it is...I have to have a CT scan on the 12th of July and surgery on my ear
the end of July...by the way I checked Limestone's record and that was a helluva claim...Great Job......See you all Saturday about 11:30 or 12..

Stuball
Look forward to seeing you Saturday Stuball ! Yes Limestone (or "Stoner" as we affectinatley call him now) has given us a thrill. If he is in good shape I think he will run next on the 30th or threreabouts.

BTW, while I think our group is a bit small for dinner, I think the conversation will be entertaining. I'm sure there will be many a horse stories to share.

Awaiting confirmation back from the track about where the tix will be (guessing the Clubhouse/Route 53 side and under either my name or Pace Advantage)
Old 06-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #45
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhanover
Look forward to seeing you Saturday Stuball ! Yes Limestone (or "Stoner" as we affectinatley call him now) has given us a thrill. If he is in good shape I think he will run next on the 30th or threreabouts.

BTW, while I think our group is a bit small for dinner, I think the conversation will be entertaining. I'm sure there will be many a horse stories to share.

Awaiting confirmation back from the track about where the tix will be (guessing the Clubhouse/Route 53 side and under either my name or Pace Advantage)
What the hell! You only live once. Or several times! Put me down for dinner too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: