Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: Del Mar or Saratoga?
Del Mar 10 12.05%
Saratoga 55 66.27%
Love them both 18 21.69%
Voters: 83. This poll is closed

Old 07-16-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
Andy Asaro

Del Mar or Saratoga?

Del Mar is up against it here so I gotta put up this opening day pic for Del Mar.

This is almost as cool.

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #2
spiketoo

Is there a question here? For me it's not a competion as they compliment each other with some mighty fine racing.

Both offer quality stock this time of year. Weather can play a factor at both tracks. I play them both, albeit selectively as I do with every track - that is, I don't play every race.it will be interesting to see how DM races fill with all the issues SA had.
spiketoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 10:39 AM   #3
RunForTheRoses

Del Mar or Saratoga?

I answered both. Agree with previous poster. They are both fantastic, Saratoga more pure horsey and has superior racing imo and Del Mar-can go to the beach in the morning, track doesn't start til 2...It is a win win situation.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 12:35 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Saratoga for racing, hands down, but I love both. I've been alternating for the last five years but with the BC at Del Mar this year I'm going back to back. I'll make it up to Saratoga next year!
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 01:02 PM   #5
Arapola

Women..........DMR Hands down.
Racing ...........SAR.
Arapola is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #6
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Saratoga. Because it runs earlier in the day.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 01:57 PM   #7
dilanesp

Saratoga has better racing but is an uncomfortable dump. Del Mar is a far better experience for the fan.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 02:22 PM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Saratoga has better racing but is an uncomfortable dump. Del Mar is a far better experience for the fan.
Been to both many times, never felt either was uncomfortable, and certainly never felt like I was in a dump at Saratoga.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:26 PM   #9
carterista
Apprentice

It's definitely not Del Mar. They already have entries for their opening day and without fail the person pretending to be a real racing secretary carded $14-16k race as part of their late Pick-4.

There is no way I am going to spend a penny on this garbage! Mind you, out of 7 decent races with purses above $60K, that POS feels obliged to feed his racing insiders so they can score with public' money. What a parasite! And this is despite that last year opening day at Del Mar without claiming(fake) races in late P-4 brought in over a million dollars.

NOTE: all claiming races are insider races. This is the primary reason why racing is in death spiral, people don't play them. This is a simple fact.
carterista is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #10
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterista View Post
NOTE: all claiming races are insider races. This is the primary reason why racing is in death spiral, people don't play them. This is a simple fact.
Mr. Pickpocket/Purse snatcher, since it's such a "simple fact" that claiming races are ALL insider events, you should have no problem giving an easy explanation of why you believe this is so....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 02:49 PM   #11
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterista View Post
Weren't the claiming races DOMINATING the racecards back when the game was in its hey-day? I recall reading Ainslie 30 years ago...when he called the claiming races, the competent player's "bread and butter".

IMO...the game's steep decline is due to entirely different reasons.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Weren't the claiming races DOMINATING the racecards back when the game was in its hey-day? I recall reading Ainslie 30 years ago...when he called the claiming races, the competent player's "bread and butter".

IMO...the game's steep decline is due to entirely different reasons.
I don't know about the insider part, but today's claiming races barely resemble those of 30 years ago. There are too many conditions, there is no longer "jail" time, and the purses far outweigh the claiming tags. Noe of these things are bettor friendly at all.

Last edited by cj; 07-16-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:24 PM   #13
Binder
VDC Messenger

opening day

Both for me
I will be back at Saratoga for the first time in about 5 years this August
I love Del Mar. I live just north of the track in Cardiff By The Sea. Del Mar opening day is unbelievable. I have never really bet seriously at Del Mar
It's more a fun day out in the beautiful California sunshine looking at the pretty women. I can always be found hanging around the walking ring looking at the people
For racing = Saratoga
For a fun day at the track. = Del Mar

Both are special places

Binder
Binder is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #14
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Both for me also

I look forward to returning when I can. Maybe take a trip next year with CJ and his lovely wife.

They are different but equally exciting to me. The only drawback is the number of catastrophic injuries that have happened over the last few years.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 05:11 PM   #15
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
I look forward to returning when I can. Maybe take a trip next year with CJ and his lovely wife.

They are different but equally exciting to me. The only drawback is the number of catastrophic injuries that have happened over the last few years.
Del Mar has been an extermination camp since they took out the Polytrack. Hopefully they bring it back at some point.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: