Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-18-2018, 01:30 PM   #46
JeremyJet
Handicapper

TwinSpires, and the industry at large, is disappointing.

I'm not a fan of the new TwinSpires format either. Seems to be built for larger screens .... at a time when everything is getting more compact. I don't even use a PC anymore. It's either my laptop or my phone.

Should I bother to check if conditional wagering is back at TwinSpires? I used to check once or twice a month, but have lost all interest recently. Going on one year since conditional wagering was pulled with no resolution on the matter.

But I have shut down my wagering almost completely this year. I don't know about you guys, but the computer wagering teams have ruined the game, imho. The late odds changes are totally unacceptable. Can't believe the industry has allowed this to happen.

We ALL need to know what odds we're betting on .... not just a select few.
JeremyJet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #47
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyJet View Post
TwinSpires, and the industry at large, is disappointing.

I'm not a fan of the new TwinSpires format either. Seems to be built for larger screens .... at a time when everything is getting more compact. I don't even use a PC anymore. It's either my laptop or my phone.

Should I bother to check if conditional wagering is back at TwinSpires? I used to check once or twice a month, but have lost all interest recently. Going on one year since conditional wagering was pulled with no resolution on the matter.

But I have shut down my wagering almost completely this year. I don't know about you guys, but the computer wagering teams have ruined the game, imho. The late odds changes are totally unacceptable. Can't believe the industry has allowed this to happen.

We ALL need to know what odds we're betting on .... not just a select few.
How can we/them change that?
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #48
JeremyJet
Handicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
How can we/them change that?
I don't think we can because not enough players seem to care. They're still betting.

My hope was that Betfair would expand their reach by now, but nothing has changed since they came to NJ. I think it's legal in CA, but they didn't even bother giving it a go.
JeremyJet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2019, 08:06 PM   #49
MutuelClerk

FU TS
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2019, 08:13 PM   #50
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
OVER THE YEARS I HAVE REVISED MY TOTE BOARD DOWN LOAD PROGRAM TO CONFORM TO THE SUTTLE CHANGES TO THE TWINSPIRES ON LINE TOTE BOARD.
NOW, AS OF DECEMBER 10, 2018 TWINSPIRES HAS MADE A "SEA CHANGE" TO THEIR ONLINE SITE STRUCTURE.

THE TOTEBOARD DATA I REQUIRE IS STILL THERE, BUT IS PRESENTED IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FORMAT.

I'M WATING FOR THE SPARK OF DESIRE TO TACKEL WRITTING A NEW PROGRAM. THAT IS NOT TO SAY THE PROGRAM MADE ANY LONG TERM MONEY, BUT IT DID MAKE ME ACUTELY AWARE OF HOW MONEY IS LOST!!
Take the caps lock off, maybe that'll help.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2019, 08:16 PM   #51
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
FU TS
Short & Sweet....LOL
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 09:15 AM   #52
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The game caters to to two groups - the whales and the picnicers, so they have a nice groups of people who won't be bothered by the shoddy product they put out and pay the stupid admission prices.

They will all tell you how much they care, but bottom line is they only care about $$$.

Pass the potato salad and shut up.

Last edited by Tom; 01-20-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #53
picojim

more free money from Twinspires , get 2-1 odds on Winx tonight, max bet is $10
picojim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 02:30 AM   #54
clicknow

Hate the new TS interface. Work on either my tablet or a small laptop (don't want big stuff anymore). Will probably stop using online betting entirely. No desire to keep re-learning interfaces.

The way things have been going for last few years, I've pretty much limited myself to playing the TC races, Breeders Cup, and I wager every single day (in person) at Oaklawn during their meet. Otherwise I only play Hong Kong.

Next year, I will probably only wager the Belmont Stakes (only TC race I care about) and Oaklawn live meet. Can win and loose enough (either way) just doing those 2 things, and concentrating on one track really improves my bankroll anyway.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 03:33 AM   #55
acorn54

the betting teams will dry up when us suckers, yes we are suckers when it comes to thinking we can beat this game for significant money.
the more i get to know about these guys the easier it is for me to cut down on my betting and respect the achievement these teams make.
they earn every penny they make in the parimutuel pools. it takes many years of planning and alot of up front money to get started with a operation that they undertake.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 09:11 AM   #56
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
the betting teams will dry up when us suckers, yes we are suckers when it comes to thinking we can beat this game for significant money.
the more i get to know about these guys the easier it is for me to cut down on my betting and respect the achievement these teams make.
they earn every penny they make in the parimutuel pools. it takes many years of planning and alot of up front money to get started with a operation that they undertake.
Knowledge of the game cause me to stop meaningful betting many years ago.
I'll go to Belmont perhaps twice a year and "play"
Of course once I can beat the takeout by a few points I am in with both hands, 'till then I keep them in my pockets

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 09:22 AM   #57
acorn54

i like the way you think formula 2002
i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, i am a very slow learner when it comes to learning those things in life, that really matter.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2019, 11:37 AM   #58
MacTavish

I do not like the new Twinspires interface. I'm an old, grumpy guy and the Classic interface was just fine with me. My problems went beyond not liking it though. I couldn't get it to open. Whenever I tried, I would get a spinning circle.

I exchanged several emails with Twinspires and was instructed to clear my cookies, history, cache, etc., which I did, but it didn't resolve the problem. Then I was instructed to call their Tech Support number (877) 774-7371, option 7.

I spoke with a pleasant young woman who said that I should be using the Chrome browser. I've never used it and didn't have it installed. So, still on the telephone with her, I downloaded Chrome, installed it, logged into Twinspires and the new interface came up without a hitch. I still don't like it but at least I can make it work on my computer.

Before hanging up, I told her (politely) that there were many long-time users who were not happy with the interface change. She said that she understood, that she and others had heard many such complains but that it was an upper management decision. In other words, it wasn't her decision and she was just following orders.

So, if you're having trouble getting it to run, try Chrome. And if you still don't like it, Twinspires' competitors would love to have our business.
MacTavish is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2019, 05:56 AM   #59
tanner12oz

I haven't made a bet in months because tvg and twinspires both no longer work on my phone. Like everyone else is saying all I want I a simple platform to make a bet. No bells whistles video needed just a simple bet
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2019, 12:27 PM   #60
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTavish View Post
... I spoke with a pleasant young woman...
Well, ya got somethin', as opposed to the bum's rush or no response at all. I am shocked they still have the Classic interface available, though it doesn't save your settings.

My handle at TS is a fraction of the "pre-totally screwed up" interface. Gotta say the switch to Xpressbet was pretty simple.

Last edited by Parkview_Pirate; 03-31-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: