Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 11-28-2020, 05:17 PM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Saturday, November 28

Race One:

3 IMAGEOFAROCKER was as game as they come in finishing 2nd in last week’s race. He was leading in deep stretch only to be nailed just before the wire by Shattered Glass. In that one, Mitchell Cushing (he reprises the drive), gunned this Rockin Image-bred toward the front as the wings retracted. He found a four-hole tuck in fourth. He was flushed out when Tailgunner Hanover moved toward the front. ImageOfaRocker was first over; he quickly grabbed the lead. Frankly, I thought hehad it won. He would appear to be “a player”. My only concern is that this 5-year-old has finished 2nd in his last three races; that can become habit-forming. Justin Sodano trains this Real Artist-bred. Others: 2 TAILGUNNER HANOVER; 5 HAYMITCH; 10 FOX VALLEY NEMITZ

Race Two:

9 CENTURY FERRARI shipped down to Harrah’s Philadelphia. While there, he was given “the cold shoulder" in the "City of Brotherly Love." Just after the start of the race, this American Ideal-bred was rough-gaited; he ended up at the back of the pack. This Artsplace-bred 4-year-old eventually made his way to the inside as the outside flow was collapsing just as the field was reaching three-quarters pole. Then, as the field turned into the lane, he was interfered with (one of his wheels went outside the pylon). He ended up finishing 5th but was placed 4th. He now returns to “The Big M.” He does draw outside; yet anything has to be better than last week’s horrendous trip. G. Nap Jr. is in the bike for trainer Edwin Quevedo. Others: 3 MAJOR JESSE; 7 ALL WEEK; 2 DEERFIELD BEACH

Race Three:

9 LAREDO TORPEDO N
turned in a solid recent qualifier. In fact, Andrew McCarthy was late in getting him to the gate; he caught the field just before the start. This Bettor’s Delight-bred was positioned 6th along the rail. As the field turned into the lane, this 7-year-old was moving up along the inside. Although he finished 5th, he was only about a little over a length behind the winner. He finished “with energy.” Yes the outside post is a concern, so too his propensity to break down at Harrah’s Philadelphia. Yet if Noel Daley has this New Zealand-bred straightened out, he most certainly can be a factor. “The Captain,” Corey Callahan, is in the bike. Others: 6 PARKLANE JET; 2 BLACKLIGHT; 10 PASSA-GRILLE BEACH

Race Four:

3 MAKE AMERICA GREAT is my M/L 15-1longshot, M/L try. This 4-year-old So Surreal-bred turned in a solid effort in his most recent effort up at “The Spa. He stopped the tele-timer at 1:55.4 in going wire-to-wire. I would think that A. Nap will “send” him this evening. If this Artistic Fella-bred can grab the lead with a “comfortable” fraction, he may be tough to collar. Jacob Zakrzewski trains. Others: 10 PANTHER’S PINOT; 6 DOUBLEAGENTMAN; 4 ROLLNTHEJOE.

Race Five:

3 BETALADY
ships down from Canada where she was last seen competing in Ontario SBOA stakes company. She finished out of the money in her last, but, two races back, she finished 4th. This Bettor’s Delight-bred 3-year-old filly has the kind of speed to be competitive in this field. The “Orange Crush,” Andy Miller, is in the bike for trainer Bruce Saunders. Others: 9 TWINSBURG; 7 TEAM KIWI N; 6 INFINITE SYMBOL A.

Race Six:

6 TRU LOU is undoubtedly: “The Class.” He picks up the chauffeuring services of “Le Frelon Vert,” Monsieur Yannick Gingras. Tres bien! Look for this Sweet Lou-bred to be sent for the lead. Ron Burke and his “Burke Brigade” train this Real Desire-bred 3-year-old pacer. Others: 2 RUTHLESS HANOVER; 3 SAVE ME A DANCE; 5 BRACKEN STORM A

Race Seven:

4 J M MANDAMIN is sliding down the class level at 32 feet per second per second. That drop could be a prescription for a trip to the “Big M” winner’s circle. This Mach Three-bred is moving inside a tad, that should help. I wouldn’t be surprised if this Camluck-bred 4-year-old was sent out for the lead by his pilot, G. Nap Jr. Jennifer Bongiorno trains. Others: 3 ODDS ON LAUDERDALE; 7 OCEAN COLONY; 1 TODDLER TANTRUM.

Race Eight:

10 NO QUARTER gets my call. That despite the outside starting post. “Oh, is this horse regally bred!” Two qualifiers and...Budabing Budaboom! As the French say, “Voila!” He should leave. If this Somebeachsomewhere-bred can comfortably clear, it’ll be up to G. Nap to “ration...ration...ration” out his speed. Amanda Kelley trains. Others: 2 CLAYTONS BETTOR N; 5 FORCE N FURY; 6 THE CANDYMAN CAN “because he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.” (the late-great Sammy Davis Jr.).

Race Nine:

4 MACH N CHEESE
ships in from Yonkers to try his pacing skills on "Big M’s” mile-track. Earlier this month, this Betterthancheddar-bred turned in a sizzling 1:52.1 at “The Ol’ Hilltop,” i.e., Yonkers. If he can reprise that effort, it’ll be picture-taking time. The Quebec native, Simon Allard (over the summer, he recorded his 4,000th career win), picks up the drive for trainer Chris Choate. Others: 5 LOVE THE BLUES N; 8 GOOD ROCKIN; 2 HEZA REAL DIAMOND

Race Ten:

3 MINDTRIP closed from downtown Hasbrouck Heights in his last. He is stepping up here, but he does get post position relief. “The Captain,” UK “Wildcat” Corey Callahan, will have to work out the trip; yet if all goes well, this American Ideal-bred could find himself in the winner’s circle. Dylan Davis trains this No Pan Intended-bred. Others: 7 FRANCO TOTEM N; DE LOS CIELOS DEO; 1 B STONEY.

Race Eleven:

9 FABRICE HANOVER, the Captaintreacherous-bred bay horse, is my selection. He does get some class relief, but he does move outside from last week’s “rail” starting post. This Art Major-bred should be coming off the tailgate. “The Green Hornet,” Yannick Gingras, reprises the drive for “The Steel City’s” Ron Burke. Others: 1 MITCH MCGUIRE N; 8 HE’S ELECTRIC; 4 THNDRFRMTHETHRON N

Race Twelve:

7 ROCKIN THE ACES came flying home in this company last week to finish 2nd (he has faced better). He does move outside, but his driver, “DD,” Dexter Dunn, is most capable of working out a trip. Bruce Saunders trains. Others: 5 STONEDUST; 10 DREAMFAIR CHARRO; 6 BANK SEA

Race Thirteen: (Pentafecta)

6 VICTORY DAZE WILWIN
; 9 BLUEBIRD GOLDWYN; 4 DURANT; 5 HI JOHNNY; 3 KARMA WINS

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: