Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-27-2020, 06:53 AM   #1
Overlay

RIP Hal Ketchum

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...l-ketchum-dead

'90's country singer Hal Ketchum, whose songs included "Small-Town Saturday Night", "Mama Knows the Highway", "Hearts Are Gonna Roll", "I Know Where Love Lives", and "Past the Point of Rescue" has died at his home in Texas from complications of dementia at age 67.
Overlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

He was great!

I used to play a few of his songs on Guitar. Maybe I"ll try em again
Old 11-27-2020, 05:17 PM   #3
46zilzal
velocitician

Dementia cases are getting younger....But then science is describing many NEW avenues that lead to the same endpoint: protein invasion of the brain none of which (currently) can be specifically diagnosed until autopsy..

I did read an interesting twin study: When one twin had arthritis to the point of taking NSAID's daily, it reduced the incidence of Alzheimer's as compared to the twin who did not..

Physiologically it makes sense as these foreign protein invasions (as being defined a "not self" immunologically) would initiate a immune response.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:07 PM   #4
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Dementia cases are getting younger....But then science is describing many NEW avenues that lead to the same endpoint: protein invasion of the brain none of which (currently) can be specifically diagnosed until autopsy..

I did read an interesting twin study: When one twin had arthritis to the point of taking NSAID's daily, it reduced the incidence of Alzheimer's as compared to the twin who did not..

Physiologically it makes sense as these foreign protein invasions (as being defined a "not self" immunologically) would initiate a immune response.

No one gives a cuck.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2020, 08:08 PM   #5
fast4522

RIP Hal Ketchum
Old 11-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #6
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post

No one gives a cuck.
the typical non science, non educated, anti-science buffoon
Old 11-28-2020, 07:52 PM   #7
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

Every post was a traditional RIP comment. Your the only guy who pretends to be something he is not. You never miss the opportunity to try to project yourself as smarter than anyone else.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:58 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Every post was a traditional RIP comment. Your the only guy who pretends to be something he is not. You never miss the opportunity to try to project yourself as smarter than anyone else.
For once, I agree 100% with you.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:33 PM   #9
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
To be fair you never miss the oppotunity to project yourself as dumber than everyone else.

He’s the Superman to your Lex Luther or vice versa.

Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2020, 11:47 PM   #10
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
To be fair you never miss the oppotunity to project yourself as dumber than everyone else.

He’s the Superman to your Lex Luther or vice versa.

Follow with me, we know it is tough. Any intellectual knows how to hold an audience who appreciate what they have to say. This guy is that bad, and he is not bright enough to recognize the fact he has overcooked it. You on the other hand would defend a snail on the glass in a fish tank if it was a liberal one.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:06 AM   #11
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Follow with me, we know it is tough. Any intellectual knows how to hold an audience who appreciate what they have to say. This guy is that bad, and he is not bright enough to recognize the fact he has overcooked it. You on the other hand would defend a snail on the glass in a fish tank if it was a liberal one.
We?

I don’t dispute Zilzal is tough to take sometimes. But come on. Even PA thinks you’re ridiculous.

Give me a pompous smart guy like him over a you any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2020, 12:18 AM   #12
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
We?

I don’t dispute Zilzal is tough to take sometimes. But come on. Even PA thinks you’re ridiculous.

Give me a pompous smart guy like him over a you any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
To be fair I think PA agrees more than he does not, not exactly a thick skinned guy when being the boss who from time to time force a narrative or you hit his third rail.

The We? is my bad with no bifocals required, and do better than OK without them. Why don't you FO, your thought about 46zilzal are lame.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:22 AM   #13
thaskalos

Quote:
To be fair I think PA agrees more than he does not, not exactly a thick skinned guy when being the boss who from time to time force a narrative or you hit his third rail.

The We? is my bad with no bifocals required, and do better than OK without them. Why don't you FO, your thought about 46zilzal are lame.
Is English your native tongue?
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2020, 12:32 AM   #14
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Is English your native tongue?
Born in this country, worked 20 minutes away from the hospital I was born at. Does that satisfy everything Thaskalos?
Old 11-29-2020, 01:29 AM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Born in this country, worked 20 minutes away from the hospital I was born at. Does that satisfy everything Thaskalos?
It doesn't show.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: