Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 12-03-2020, 09:49 PM   #8026
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
That's not what Sammy meant. He talked about "healthy people who are being told to stop living their lives".
You mean my customers?
Old 12-03-2020, 10:07 PM   #8027
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
You mean my customers?
Ralph...what happened to you was a grave injustice, and I have more than a few friends who are in exactly the same situation that you find yourself. IMO...the federal and the state governments should step up and give you guys the funds that you need to keep going at a time like this. If they could come together and bail out the bankers and Wall Street...then they should help you guys even more so...because they DESERVED to get screwed, but you guys didn't. No way should a government be allowed to close down, or even restrict, the operation of a business due to a pandemic...without giving the business owner the funds necessary for him to weather the storm and survive the ordeal.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2020, 10:18 PM   #8028
lamboguy

Quote:
Ralph...what happened to you was a grave injustice, and I have more than a few friends who are in exactly the same situation that you find yourself. IMO...the federal and the state governments should step up and give you guys the funds that you need to keep going at a time like this. If they could come together and bail out the bankers and Wall Street...then they should help you guys even more so...because they DESERVED to get screwed, but you guys didn't. No way should a government be allowed to close down, or even restrict, the operation of a business due to a pandemic...without giving the business owner the funds necessary for him to weather the storm and survive the ordeal.
+
uncle Mitch gave big money over to the large restaurant chains and basically ignored the smaller guys.. the new president says he is going to help out the smaller people, i just saw him being interviewed on CNN. the people with the smaller places know a lot of their customers on a personal basis, they give their heart and soul to their business and they are the ones being punished. lets see if the new people that come to town play a better game than the last ones.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2020, 11:22 PM   #8029
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
+
uncle Mitch gave big money over to the large restaurant chains and basically ignored the smaller guys.. the new president says he is going to help out the smaller people, i just saw him being interviewed on CNN. the people with the smaller places know a lot of their customers on a personal basis, they give their heart and soul to their business and they are the ones being punished. lets see if the new people that come to town play a better game than the last ones.
I know grocery store owners who received big government money...and their businesses have seen record heights during the pandemic. The people who orchestrated the first pandemic relief effort were either corrupt or incompetent...or both.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:37 PM   #8030
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Thanks.....over 200 hundred of our franchises (restaurants) have gone under.

We have had to make some tough decisions. My wife has been the real leader in our operation. She really runs the place. I have pulled off some pretty nifty deals to save us cash in dealing with vendors etc. I’m proud to say we don’t owe anybody a damn dime. I did payroll today and 48 employees are getting paid. Off unemployment for 3 months now. Maybe next month the wife and I can start getting paid again.

Most of our vendors were in the same boat we were. So to keep us they slashed our prices. We signed on for min 2 yr contracts etc. Lots of wheeling and dealing.

I’m particularly proud of pulling a sting on our trash pickup provider and caught them ripping us off. It got me out of a really bad contract (we inherited it from corporate) and cut our trash bill from over $3500 a month to $478 a month. That’s real money over a year. I also implemented a recycling program that’s paying us back a couple hundred a month too.

I dumped some other services and had competitive bids taken, and that was something that had real leverage over the last 6 months. Everybody was willing to deal. Except for one vendor. When that contract is up next year.....they are toast.

We just finished our 3rd month re-opened, yesterday. My PNL says I lost a little over 3k this last month. It gets a little better every day.

We are back at 50% of our pre-Covid business levels. Slowly creeping up.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:06 AM   #8031
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Thanks.....over 200 hundred of our franchises (restaurants) have gone under.

We have had to make some tough decisions. My wife has been the real leader in our operation. She really runs the place. I have pulled off some pretty nifty deals to save us cash in dealing with vendors etc. I’m proud to say we don’t owe anybody a damn dime. I did payroll today and 48 employees are getting paid. Off unemployment for 3 months now. Maybe next month the wife and I can start getting paid again.

Most of our vendors were in the same boat we were. So to keep us they slashed our prices. We signed on for min 2 yr contracts etc. Lots of wheeling and dealing.

I’m particularly proud of pulling a sting on our trash pickup provider and caught them ripping us off. It got me out of a really bad contract (we inherited it from corporate) and cut our trash bill from over $3500 a month to $478 a month. That’s real money over a year. I also implemented a recycling program that’s paying us back a couple hundred a month too.

I dumped some other services and had competitive bids taken, and that was something that had real leverage over the last 6 months. Everybody was willing to deal. Except for one vendor. When that contract is up next year.....they are toast.

We just finished our 3rd month re-opened, yesterday. My PNL says I lost a little over 3k this last month. It gets a little better every day.

We are back at 50% of our pre-Covid business levels. Slowly creeping up.
I hope everything is smooth sailing for you from now on, Ralph. I've been in business for 35 years...and I am telling you from experience that your class and integrity are rare commodities in the business world. Sad but true. Best of luck to you going forward.
Old 12-04-2020, 02:02 AM   #8032
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
for Thursday, December 3, 2020

218,000 new cases

2900 deaths
How would you explain this below? hcap and TJDave can chime in too

https://twitter.com/richardursomd/st...5Es1_&ref_url=

STUNNING. In 2020, there’s no increase in overall deaths. Covid has decreased every other type of death. To summarize, more covid and less everything else equals same as always.

A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19 - The Johns Hopkins News-Letter

Last edited by ElKabong; 12-04-2020 at 02:04 AM.
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2020, 05:46 AM   #8033
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
You have my permission to over eat, smoke, and be a couch potato. See how that works for you

That's my whole point. If people took care of themselves these diseases would diminish in #s greatly. If you disagree, you're in conflict with "science"
You have as meager understanding of science. I need none of your dumbass permissions. I need you to accept the bulk of covid patients are not responsible for getting sick, being hospitalized and dying.

What don't you get about nature versus nurture?
Old 12-04-2020, 07:11 AM   #8034
sammy the sage

Quote:
thanks for ADMITTING I was right....
Old 12-04-2020, 07:23 AM   #8035
lamboguy

Quote:

STUNNING. In 2020, there’s no increase in overall deaths. Covid has decreased every other type of death. To summarize, more covid and less everything else equals same as always.

its probably pretty true because this virus does pray upon the very weak. but 2 other points, as we go forward in the year we will have many more deaths due to the corona because the deaths are a lagging indicator.. so far only 1% of people that contract the corona die, what we don't have are the numbers of people that are going to have permanent damage to their bodies because they were strong enough in recovery not to die.

this virus can be compared to Polio.. the mortality rates were small with that disease as well, it also didn't spread as fast as this one does only due to the lower amount of population. polio tended to effect younger people more while the corona effects older population higher.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2020, 10:00 AM   #8036
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You have as meager understanding of science. I need none of your dumbass permissions. I need you to accept the bulk of covid patients are not responsible for getting sick, being hospitalized and dying.

What don't you get about nature versus nurture?
Do you want to post more health issues that are possible to inflict upon one's self like diabetes, COPD, cancer and heart issues. I've already provided links to "science" that prove the point. Or... maybe you've never heard of the Mayo Clinic...
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2020, 10:21 AM   #8037
davew

Quote:
Do you want to post more health issues that are possible to inflict upon one's self like diabetes, COPD, cancer and heart issues. I've already provided links to "science" that prove the point. Or... maybe you've never heard of the Mayo Clinic...
although diet and lifestyle can cause and/or make these much worse, there are some genetic factors that can not prevent some people from getting them
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2020, 10:48 AM   #8038
hcap

Quote:

TOTAL BULLSHIT!!!!!!
De-twitterfy yourself. Go to the Covid Tracking Project or Johns Hpikins.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:50 AM   #8039
hcap

Quote:
Save me your crap You lust can not understand why6 people get sick. Dr.Hayseed.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #8040
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
TOTAL BULLSHIT!!!!!!
De-twitterfy yourself. Go to the Covid Tracking Project or Johns Hpikins.
Somebody's mad.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: