Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Sad news Tim...my sympathy goes out to you and your family...and thank you for sharing this with us...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

So sorry too Tim, my prayers for all of you as well.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #18
sandpit

My best to your family. My wife suffered a miscarriage during her second pregnancy, but God graced us the following year with a beautiful daughter who is now the best 12-year-old I could ever imagine. I hope your family is graced in a similar manner.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #19
boxcar

Overlay, I'm grieved to hear of your loss and, especially your daughter's. I'll be keeping you in my prayers that God will be your Rock in this tough time.

Boxcar
Old 12-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #20
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlay
Since my last post, my daughter had learned that she had, in fact, conceived twins, but, sadly, both have now resulted in miscarriages. My wife and I will be leaving for Oklahoma on Thursday to be with her for a few days.
Sorry to hear this.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #21
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #22
hcap

Sorry Overlay. Best wishes
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #23
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Sorry to hear, we'll have you all in our prayers.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 08:41 PM   #24
cj's dad

Sorry Tim !!This news has to be difficult/ God bless the family and your daughter !!
Old 08-19-2016, 08:24 AM   #25
Overlay

My daughter's husband (the father of her miscarried twins), whom she subsequently married in June, 2013, and who is now 33 years old, went in for surgery Wednesday in response to what had been described as a "cyst" in his brain that had been detected during an MRI scan. Unfortunately, they found a malignancy that could not be completely removed.

He'll be starting on a program of both chemotherapy and radiation treatment. No clear prognosis yet. We'll just be taking it day-by-day. (At least my wife and I can always be available, as a result of having moved from Alabama to Oklahoma City in September of last year so we could be closer to them.) (His parents live in the area, also.)
Overlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2016, 01:23 PM   #26
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlay
My unmarried 21-year-old daughter (a junior in college on a full-ride scholarship) is apparently due to make me a grandfather next June.

I'll spare you the details, but this was totally unplanned (on my part, at least).

She'll be juggling a lot of balls (personal, academic, legal, professional, financial, and who knows how many others) for several years to come.
Our kids today are so eager to experience first-hand life's serious obstacles. And, the "smarter" they are...the sooner they seem to complicate their lives.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2016, 02:27 PM   #27
thaskalos

I apologize for the horribly inappropriate post I just submitted here. I was browsing this site on my phone, and mistakenly surmised that this was a new thread...to which I responded without reading the subsequent posts. Now that I realize my mistake, and the interpretation created by my previous response...I offer Overlay my sincere apologies...along with my prayers and best wishes for the ordeal that his family and he are currently going through.

It was beyond stupid of me to be so negligent...and to post without knowing what the topic really was here. It was INEXCUSABLE...but apologizing is the only thing I can do.

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-19-2016 at 02:38 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #28
Overlay

My daughter and her husband (who also live in Oklahoma City) just informed me that they are expecting a baby (who would be the second grandchild for my wife and me), with a projected due date in late February, 2020. (Of course, we are hoping and praying that things go smoothly this time. It would be wonderful having a grandchild so close.) (My wife doesn't know yet. She's returning today from a four-week visit with our son and his wife in Boston, helping them out with their four-month-old daughter (whom I'll get to meet in October when she is christened) in preparation for my daughter-in-law returning to work. My daughter plans to break her news to my wife later this week.)

Last edited by Overlay; 08-13-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #29
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlay View Post
Since my last post, my daughter had learned that she had, in fact, conceived twins, but, sadly, both have now resulted in miscarriages. My wife and I will be leaving for Oklahoma on Thursday to be with her for a few days.
You'll be in my prayers, brother. May God sustain you and your family , as he has promised
Old 08-13-2019, 01:57 PM   #30
Overlay

Thank you for the thoughts, Doran, but those sad events occurred seven years ago. Read my latest post in the thread for the current state of affairs.