Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-09-2019, 12:08 PM   #16
46zilzal
velocitician

Did not take long

...https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/09/w...cks-syria.html

How much confidence are future potential allies going to have after setting this precedent?
Old 10-09-2019, 09:00 PM   #17
Ocala Mike

It's all good says the guy who passed on military service with a doctor's note - the Kurds didn't even help us on D-Day at Normandy. Let them fend for themselves!

Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2019, 10:52 PM   #18
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2019, 10:54 PM   #19
riskman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
It's all good says the guy who passed on military service with a doctor's note - the Kurds didn't even help us on D-Day at Normandy. Let them fend for themselves!

In addition to Trumps screw up with Turkey/Syria /Kurd problem you can add the following to his presidential accomplishments. They are amazing.

Violation of Constitution on Domestic Emoluments; Violation of Constitution on Foreign Emoluments; Incitement of Violence; Interference With Voting Rights; Discrimination Based On Religion; Illegal War; Illegal Threat of Nuclear War; Abuse of Pardon Power; Obstruction of Justice; Politicizing Prosecutions; Collusion Against the United States with a Foreign Government; Failure to Reasonably Prepare for or Respond to Hurricanes Harvey and Maria; Separating Children and Infants from Families; Illegally Attempting to Influence an Election Tax Fraud and Public Misrepresentation; Assaulting Freedom of the Press; Supporting a Coup in Venezuela; Unconstitutional Declaration of Emergency; Instructing Border Patrol to Violate the Law; Refusal to Comply With Subpoenas; Declaration of Emergency Without Basis In Order to Violate the Will of Congress; Illegal Proliferation of Nuclear Technology; Illegally Removing the United States from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.

Just think he did this all by himsrlf , just ask him.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:44 AM   #20
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
How much confidence are future potential allies going to have after setting this precedent?
It hasn’t bothered the Kurds much. This is not the first time we’ve screwed them. You would think, by now, they had learned their lesson.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:15 AM   #21
woodtoo

Quote:
Did not take long

Allies by convenience, in name only. Whom else are the Kurds allies with? Are you willing to sends your sons or daughters to shed blood for the Kurds? Then just do it!
Old 10-10-2019, 10:17 AM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Did not take long

None.
Rightly so.
THe US does not keep it's word.
Has not for along time.

We sold them short in the Bay of PIgs.
We sold them short in Iran when Bush I reneged on his word.
We pulled out of Iraq and left a vacuum for ISIS.
Now we are selling the Kurds out and all but ensuring both ethnic cleansing and a resurgence of ISIS.

Bottom line, we are liars.
Only a fool would trust us.

Last edited by Tom; 10-10-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post

So one wonders what Turkey offered him to make the deal so sweet?

And an invite to the WH next month.

Maybe the Saudi's can come at the same time and the can all play a game of RISK in the Oval Playhouse.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskman View Post
In addition to Trumps screw up with Turkey/Syria /Kurd problem you can add the following to his presidential accomplishments. They are amazing.

Violation of Constitution on Domestic Emoluments; Violation of Constitution on Foreign Emoluments; Incitement of Violence; Interference With Voting Rights; Discrimination Based On Religion; Illegal War; Illegal Threat of Nuclear War; Abuse of Pardon Power; Obstruction of Justice; Politicizing Prosecutions; Collusion Against the United States with a Foreign Government; Failure to Reasonably Prepare for or Respond to Hurricanes Harvey and Maria; Separating Children and Infants from Families; Illegally Attempting to Influence an Election Tax Fraud and Public Misrepresentation; Assaulting Freedom of the Press; Supporting a Coup in Venezuela; Unconstitutional Declaration of Emergency; Instructing Border Patrol to Violate the Law; Refusal to Comply With Subpoenas; Declaration of Emergency Without Basis In Order to Violate the Will of Congress; Illegal Proliferation of Nuclear Technology; Illegally Removing the United States from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.

Just think he did this all by himself , just ask him.
Mussolini made the train run on time.
If you are going to praise accomplishments, you have to acknowledge total blunders and sell outs. People are dying now.
The return of ISIS is very likely.

Meanwhile, his support of Saudis only furthers the suffering of innocent people at the hands of a police state that jails women for wanting to have rights.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:45 AM   #25
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I just read that Turkey bombed a prison full of Isis fighters.

I have no idea what the hell is going on over there, and I have no idea what the hell Trump is thinking............
Old 10-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #26
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

I have no idea what the hell is going on over there, and I have no idea what the hell Trump is thinking............
It is about the Isis prisoners. The European countries , which birthed the captured Isis fighters do not want the expense of incarcerating them, they want the U.S. to pay.

Turkey is to take charge of the captured Isis fighters, that are being currently guarded by the Kurds for payment by the U.S.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Trump on the Kurds last night

"They didn't help us at Normandy."

What a first class ignorant A**HOLE!~

#LOSER
Old 10-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #28
MargieRose

Congress should declare war. Let's go for it!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2019, 09:50 PM   #29
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
It is about the Isis prisoners. The European countries , which birthed the captured Isis fighters do not want the expense of incarcerating them, they want the U.S. to pay.

Turkey is to take charge of the captured Isis fighters, that are being currently guarded by the Kurds for payment by the U.S.
SMTW, I'd really like to hear your opinion of Trump's decision to bring home troops stationed in Syria; as detailed as possible.

Thank you.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #30
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

Just maybe a few times the thought has been that drones and bombs have no mothers and fathers.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply