Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-04-2019, 07:30 PM   #151
MadVindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Worst excuse of a Derby day I have ever seen.
Claimers at Woodbine have more competitive tension. This was BAD. WoW's run on the inside, surpassing his post position until impeded was the only interesting part. Country House's sweep was good but given to him by how shitty the strategy of the rest was.

I've watched horse racing for but a year now but I will still confidently say that was the worst bottleneck in horse racing. 20 horses no excuse.
MadVindication is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2019, 07:32 PM   #152
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Only horses I like are 1-13-14-16 and 20

Box em up

If superfecta, add the #4 in 4th

Also side superstitious wagers (not large bets but personal reason for picks)
win win win w/p/s
Plus que parfait w/p/s
Country House w/p/s

I did VERY WELL on my boxed bet and also on my w/p/s on Country House.

FInally I hit the derby reasonably right.

waitiing for twinspires to figure up my loot. Wonder how long that will take?
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2019, 07:33 PM   #153
Some_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadVindication View Post
Claimers at Woodbine have more competitive tension. This was BAD. WoW's run on the inside, surpassing his post position until impeded was the only interesting part. Country House's sweep was good but given to him by how shitty the strategy of the rest was.

I've watched horse racing for but a year now but I will still confidently say that was the worst bottleneck in horse racing. 20 horses no excuse.
Back before the points system, when sprinters could get into the Derby because of their 2yr/one turn form, there were some wicked early paces that collapse into the turn and cause chaos, this wasn't that bad of a bottleneck, just one horse shifting 2-3 paths causing chaos. Reminds more of the Storming Home Arlington Million dq.
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2019, 07:39 PM   #154
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
MaxSec actually did cause quite a bit of interference. My "hilarious" comment wasn't meant to say he didn't deserve to come down.
Yeah, I think he deserved it. I had a few bucks on the new winner, and I mean just a few, but even if not I don't see how you can leave that horse up. That said, I still thought they would. It's the Derby.

I only bet him a little because I always bet what I write or say on Out of the Gate as a matter of course. This was from the DRF article today on the next page after the selections. I'm more proud of being the only person out of 20 to even mention him.

Attached Images
File Type: png CH.png (29.9 KB, 6 views)
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2019, 07:39 PM   #155
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Yeah, I think he deserved it. I had a few bucks on the new winner, and I mean just a few, but even if not I don't see how you can leave that horse up. That said, I still thought they would. It's the Derby.

I only bet him a little because I always bet what I write or say on Out of the Gate as a matter of course. This was from the DRF article today on the next page after the selections. I'm more proud of being the only person out of 20 to even mention him.
well done dude!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2019, 07:48 PM   #156
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post

You know, I almost always bet your top rated LP horse in a Fast Pace race. By almost I mean every time except today!

Nice call!
Old 05-04-2019, 07:52 PM   #157
MadVindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_One View Post
Back before the points system, when sprinters could get into the Derby because of their 2yr/one turn form, there were some wicked early paces that collapse into the turn and cause chaos, this wasn't that bad of a bottleneck, just one horse shifting 2-3 paths causing chaos. Reminds more of the Storming Home Arlington Million dq.
So now the points system means a bunch of pressers be pressing each other and not the leader, or what?
MadVindication is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2019, 08:05 PM   #158
The Captain
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
Country House /Baffert/Code Of Honor.
Thanks to TFUS
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2019, 08:06 PM   #159
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
Thanks to TFUS
And the CD stewards.

CONGRATS MAN!
Old 05-04-2019, 08:17 PM   #160
riskman

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113 View Post
I'm done with horse racing for a long time.

One of the final nails that is being driven into the coffin called horse racing. I am certain that this disqualification today brought many new fans into the sport of horse racing.The media will eat this up.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:20 PM   #161
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Sipping JW Blue and looking forward to the next race. Got killed today by betting 8 dollars. Must tighten it up!!!!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:24 PM   #162
Some_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadVindication View Post
So now the points system means a bunch of pressers be pressing each other and not the leader, or what?
We've had a lot more favs winnings and less suicidal half miles with the point system vs the years before.
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2019, 08:25 PM   #163
098poi

I can see how people might be upset as MS was knocked out of the top 3 spots so all that exotic and WPS money is gone. As far as the sport it is a good thing. Brings a little integrity back as the stewards didn't let the BIG race deter them from their decision. The high payoffs might excite some newcomers and they may take more of an interest in the sport.
Congratulations to any who did hit something in that race!!
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2019, 08:26 PM   #164
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Only horses I like are 1-13-14-16 and 20

Box em up

If superfecta, add the #4 in 4th

Also side superstitious wagers (not large bets but personal reason for picks)
win win win w/p/s
Plus que parfait w/p/s
Country House w/p/s
I posted my picks an hour before CJ posted that "from DRF box" --- and nobody even congratulated me.

I guess I don't count.

That's okay, I have my exacta winnings and w/p/s bets on Country House $$$

Yeah, I do like at least a small hand clap when I do something right.

Last edited by clicknow; 05-04-2019 at 08:29 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2019, 08:27 PM   #165
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Yet instead of celebrating the cash you need a participation trophy.