Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #1
zico20

Bejarano Sucks

What an absolute idiotic ride by him on Goldencents. What the hell was he thinking going four wide all the way around the track. All he had to do was sit behind the three dueling leaders and pin the in and then swing wide and he wins going away. The super came back 144.00 with the winning which means if the wins the super pays at least 80.00 and I would have had it 40 times.

I will say this. I have seen so many dumb rides by top jocks in California and New York. What is amazing is that you never see top jocks at the small race tracks blow races like this one. I just don't get it. Can someone please explain to me why this is. That idiot cost me at least 3200 bucks. I hope he falls off his next mount and breaks his you know what. Freaking clown.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
Milkshaker

Thank you for the eye-catching topic title, insightful post and intelligent discourse!
Old 10-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

Another mistake he also made was not to drift into the inner lanes when he cleared. It seemed like the inside most lanes were better in the stretch, in the previous dirt race before this, he rode the winner all the way around in the 1 path.

The 2 wouldn't have passed him from the outside, if he drifts into the inner stretch lanes and forced the 2 to go outside him, he wins.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #4
Irish Boy
Smartass

I'm not a big fan of rating a horse that doesn't like to be rated in a sprint with a field of five. I'm even less of a fan of hoping jockeys get injured. But that's just me.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #5
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
What an absolute idiotic ride by him on Goldencents. What the hell was he thinking going four wide all the way around the track. All he had to do was sit behind the three dueling leaders and pin the in and then swing wide and he wins going away. The super came back 144.00 with the winning which means if the wins the super pays at least 80.00 and I would have had it 40 times.

I will say this. I have seen so many dumb rides by top jocks in California and New York. What is amazing is that you never see top jocks at the small race tracks blow races like this one. I just don't get it. Can someone please explain to me why this is. That idiot cost me at least 3200 bucks. I hope he falls off his next mount and breaks his you know what. Freaking clown.
We can't help with the $3,200...but if you tell us how much you bet on the race, we'll see if we can't pitch in and return that money to you. We hate to see spiteful wishes going out in an already dangerous sport like this.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #6
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
We can't help with the $3,200...but if you tell us how much you bet on the race, we'll see if we can't pitch in and return that money to you. We hate to see spiteful wishes going out in an already dangerous sport like this.
I had 80 supers 3-2-1-6 and 3-1-2-6 plus 10 super 3-1-2-5 and 3-2-1-5 for a total of 180. If that would have hit I was going real big in the Indiana Derby.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #7
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Boy
I'm not a big fan of rating a horse that doesn't like to be rated in a sprint with a field of five. I'm even less of a fan of hoping jockeys get injured. But that's just me.
All three of Goldencents 6 furlong races he was running 5th at the 1/2 mile pole. He can easily rate going 6. If he does that here, he wins.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:47 PM   #8
sammy the sage

this race was a tune-up/conditioner...if you will...the jock followed instructions to a TEE...
Old 10-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #9
Thebigguy
Veteran

Quote:

Must be a big baller pumping $40-$80 supers. Why not smash the exacta if you thought the winner at those odds was at least good enough to run 2nd.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #10
Irish Boy
Smartass

Quote:
All three of Goldencents 6 furlong races he was running 5th at the 1/2 mile pole. He can easily rate going 6. If he does that here, he wins.
Not being as fast early as others isn't the same as rating. Besides, Goldencents has never won a race from further back than second at any distance, and he has lost quite a few at a low price from off the pace.

Not going to lie, after asking that a jockey be injured, I'm kind of enjoying the karma loss for you on this one.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #11
Greyfox

Quote:
That idiot cost me at least 3200 bucks. I hope he falls off his next mount and breaks his you know what. Freaking clown.
Had he given the best ride in the world there is no guarantee your horse would have won.
Wishing injury?
Old 10-04-2014, 09:18 PM   #12
ten2oneormore

Rich Tapestry is very very good.Especially off a layoff.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:

He already fell badly earlier this year, and somehow recovered to come back and beat you.

Bejarano is an enigma because he's a jock who's great and can run over your money when you bet against him, but he's not 100% reliable to win with the best horse either. He's a tough guy to deal with in that regard.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #14
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Had he given the best ride in the world there is no guarantee your horse would have won.
Wishing injury?
Oh please. I don't want anyone, horse racing or not, to be hurt unless they do something to my family. Are you trying to tell me in your entire life you have never told anyone to drop dead or something to that extent. I bet you have. And even a so so ride and Goldencents wins for fun.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #15
castaway01

Quote:
Oh please. I don't want anyone, horse racing or not, to be hurt unless they do something to my family. Are you trying to tell me in your entire life you have never told anyone to drop dead or something to that extent. I bet you have. And even a so so ride and Goldencents wins for fun.
Well, you specifically said you hope he falls off his next mount and breaks something. At least if you're going to whine and wish injury on the guy, own up to and don't puss out on top of it.
Closed Thread