Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
TrifectaMike

An opportunity... limited to 9

Lately I've been called a drunk. I've also been called a non-betting theorist.

To set the record straight, I do drink daily( I do consume a glass of wine with dinner and have been since the age of 7 ( I am Italian).

As far as being a non-betting theorist that is laughable. You don't know me or my betting exploits ( let it suffice to say that me and my boys wager tons of money). However, that is not important.

The purpose of this thread is to announce that I'll take on 9 forum members and lay the groundwork for a simple working method that can produce a potential profit.

The method is not anywhere close to any process I use. It is practical, easy to use and rather unique. I will use metrics and data contained within the Bris data files.

I'm expecting visitors at 3, so I'll be here till then.

Send me an pm if you are interested.

I will reserve a spot for Husker55 and Robert Fischer ( if they are interested).

I do expect some privacy of the method by the participants. They will be free to start any threads to discribe their experiences or comment as they wish without disclosing the actual method.

PA or CJ, is it possible to incease my PM limit for this undertaking?

Happy Memeorial Day,
Mike (Dr Beav)
TrifectaMike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

First of all, the person who called you a drunk is no longer privileged to post here.

Second, you're only giving us 36 minutes to respond?

Third, no, everyone is limited to 100 PMs...you can delete some PMs from your INBOX or you can delete SENT messages to clear some room.

Fourth, I think I'll send you a PM and see if I'm invited...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
lamboguy

i am sure you have a great system, for me, i get a headache every single day betting these horses and can't handle a change in my approach. i certainly thank you for your kind invitation and i wish you and the people that decide to join the very best.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
TrifectaMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
First of all, the person who called you a drunk is no longer privileged to post here.

Second, you're only giving us 36 minutes to respond?

Third, no, everyone is limited to 100 PMs...you can delete some PMs from your INBOX or you can delete SENT messages to clear some room.

Fourth, I think I'll send you a PM and see if I'm invited...
Second, you're only giving us 36 minutes to respond? I'll be online till 3. That is not a time limit.

Mike
Old 05-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
Robert Fischer
clean money

Sent you a pm.

Have a good day with company, and don't worry about some knuckleheads on a message board.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
TexasDolly

Sent you a PM . Thanks.
TD
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
InsideTheRaces.com

Pick me Pick me

PM Sent
InsideTheRaces.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I am interested...PM sent.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
TrifectaMike

Ok, I have 9. To make it fair, I selected the first 9 that sent me a PM. I would list the 9, but some may want it to be a private matter. However, to show that it was done fairly, PA can view the PM's I received. I selected the 9 in time order of the PM's. I have all the other PM's so, if someone decided to not participate I'll select the next person in line.

I'll shortly send the 9 selected a PM with an instruction of the first and maybe the only data we'll need. This will not be theory nor will I give any detail explanations as to why we will use the data. We will be doing...not discussing.

Mike (Dr Beav)
Old 05-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
TrifectaMike

I have sent a PM to the 9 with some initial instructions. As said I chose the first 9. If you didn't receive a PM from me, you were too late. I will keep the list of those who were not part of the 9. I might do this again, and they'll get preference.

Let the fun begin.

Mike (Dr Beav)
Old 05-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #11
TrifectaMike

PA, in a PM made a valid point.

"So what you're saying is, I'm going to have to write some code to be able to use this...not a problem for me, but I would guess most of the other folks responding aren't going to be as adept..."

So, I've decided to write a small Perl script to process the file, capture the data and post to a text file.

The script will be an executable, so it will not be necessary to have a Perl package. I will add to this script in stages. In the end you will have a stand-alone program that'll be useable. (no bells and whistles though)

Mike (Dr Beav)

Last edited by TrifectaMike; 05-28-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #12
InsideTheRaces.com

I've done my first round of testing with what Mike instructed us to do.
Which was use a single Factor he selected (which is not a horse attribute).
I automated the process so I hope I've caught all my mistakes and the data is 100% correct.

I processed 3 days of racing at one track Charles Town with no Maiden Races(part of instructions) for a Total of 22 races. First two days were ok but the third day was great. The top 4 ranked horses won 16 of 22 races or 73%.

Horses are ordered by Rank
You'll notice horses without odds or finish position---> those horses were scratched.

I've Attached the races I couldn't get the text to align when Posting

Attached Files
File Type: txt Rank.txt (2.5 KB, 244 views)
InsideTheRaces.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2012, 01:16 AM   #13
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideTheRaces.com
I processed 3 days of racing at one track Charles Town with no Maiden Races(part of instructions) for a Total of 22 races. First two days were ok but the third day was great. The top 4 ranked horses won 16 of 22 races or 73%.

Horses are ordered by Rank

So, is it possible to make a profit while dutching 4 horses (as long as the win % is over 60-70%)? Or is that what you are going to be testing next..
Old 05-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #14
TrifectaMike

Anyone of the 9 that needs support in parsing the Bris file to capture the required data, send me a PM with an email included so that I can send you the script. It'll be a Perl script with a GUI interface (nothing fancy, but functional).

Mike (Dr Beav)

P.S. I'll make an attempt to get it out to you sometime later today.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #15
TexasDolly

Churchill

TM,
The results are slightly different than in the last PM I sent you since I found another tie. There were 19 winners from the top 4 ranked out of 26 races, for a winning 73% .
The horses are listed by rank.

TD
Attached Files
File Type: txt RANK.TXT (7.6 KB, 109 views)
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply