Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-05-2018, 08:26 PM   #1
Andy Asaro

Wood: Unsolicited Advice to Judge Kavanaugh: Sue Them All

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ll_138264.html

Excerpt:

The members of this list, and many others, have demonstrated considerably more than the requisite degree of recklessness in promoting their agendas by accusing you. Their constant republications of unsubstantiated accusations have and will adversely impact your life – and the lives of your family members – for generations. Sue them all.

I gave this same advice to Richard Jewell in 1996 when he was falsely accused of the terrorist bombing of Centennial Park while the world was watching the media frenzy that occurred during the Olympic Games in Atlanta. The media and Richard’s “friends” accused him on a daily basis until the truth finally emerged. Initially, Richard did not want to sue, but he knew that the option of doing nothing was unacceptable. A line had been crossed. Richard had no other place to go to seek redress and accountability. Richard never regretted taking legal action and, in the process, he achieved a measure of justice. I predict you would as well.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 10:13 PM   #2
Dave Schwartz

What amazes me is that our world has denigrated into "trial-by-social-media."

Imagine that you (said to nobody in particular) are accused of this crime by someone from your childhood. Seriously, CHILDHOOD.

There is no real evidence other than hearsay remembrances that cannot be substantiated except by other hearsay remembrances.

Now, the statute of limitations has long ago run out, but a conviction in the court of public opinion is deadly if you've built anything that resembles a successful life.

If you lost your job and possibly career over this, you'd be mad as hell. You'd be crying, "Where's the proof?"

This was just wrong.

Make no mistake. I'd be defending him the same way if he was a Democrat.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 10:23 PM   #3
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
What amazes me is that our world has denigrated into "trial-by-social-media."

Imagine that you (said to nobody in particular) are accused of this crime by someone from your childhood. Seriously, CHILDHOOD.

There is no real evidence other than hearsay remembrances that cannot be substantiated except by other hearsay remembrances.

Now, the statute of limitations has long ago run out, but a conviction in the court of public opinion is deadly if you've built anything that resembles a successful life.

If you lost your job and possibly career over this, you'd be mad as hell. You'd be crying, "Where's the proof?"

This was just wrong.

Make no mistake. I'd be defending him the same way if he was a Democrat.
But they never expected a non politician that would disrupt their elite establishment world having the masses confused so they can rule forever. Now Chuck Schumer and his gang of geriatric leadership of the left are shitting bricks. This is not wrong for them, they face extinction or being frozen out.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 11:27 PM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I hope he accepts the gofundme money gives half a million to a team of lawyers and cuts them loose
Old 10-06-2018, 01:16 AM   #5
ElKabong

Id wait until after mid terms, then go after Ford. Hard. The real target wouldn't be ford, a trial would shake the tree of scumbags that pushed this sham. Feinstein, her "beach friend/ FBI polygraph buddy", any staff members of Feinstein that enabled this shit show.

The carnage would be awesome, but risky for repubs. Why risk a downside to this unreal gift the dems gave them a month before the elections? I can see reasons for going after ford, and see reasons for laying back and letting them twist in the wind. This Ford -Feinstein episode will be one for the history books.

Last edited by ElKabong; 10-06-2018 at 01:17 AM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 01:47 AM   #6
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ll_138264.html

Excerpt:

The members of this list, and many others, have demonstrated considerably more than the requisite degree of recklessness in promoting their agendas by accusing you. Their constant republications of unsubstantiated accusations have and will adversely impact your life – and the lives of your family members – for generations. Sue them all.

I gave this same advice to Richard Jewell in 1996 when he was falsely accused of the terrorist bombing of Centennial Park while the world was watching the media frenzy that occurred during the Olympic Games in Atlanta. The media and Richard’s “friends” accused him on a daily basis until the truth finally emerged. Initially, Richard did not want to sue, but he knew that the option of doing nothing was unacceptable. A line had been crossed. Richard had no other place to go to seek redress and accountability. Richard never regretted taking legal action and, in the process, he achieved a measure of justice. I predict you would as well.
He is not going to sue anyone. He is afraid of what might come out. On the other hand, don't be surprised if there is a civil suit against him by Ford and others.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:53 AM   #7
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Id wait until after mid terms, then go after Ford. Hard. The real target wouldn't be ford, a trial would shake the tree of scumbags that pushed this sham. Feinstein, her "beach friend/ FBI polygraph buddy", any staff members of Feinstein that enabled this shit show.

The carnage would be awesome, but risky for repubs. Why risk a downside to this unreal gift the dems gave them a month before the elections? I can see reasons for going after ford, and see reasons for laying back and letting them twist in the wind. This Ford -Feinstein episode will be one for the history books.
You really think Kavanaugh's confirmation is a positive for Republicans in the mid terms? That is priceless. This has galvanized and energized the Democrats as nothing else could have. The Democrats were going to take back the House anyway, this just makes It more certain. Even the senate is in play.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:15 AM   #8
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
You really think Kavanaugh's confirmation is a positive for Republicans in the mid terms? That is priceless. This has galvanized and energized the Democrats as nothing else could have. The Democrats were going to take back the House anyway, this just makes It more certain. Even the senate is in play.
My best jay trotter impression (to looney)

"Do I think the repubs are energized over the sham the dems pulled on the false allegations? I'm posting on a horse racing board at 1am and I have to wake up in six hours. I've been beside myself watching multiple women accuse a man of sexual assault, offering NO proof, no corroborating witnesses, no evidence, all in the days leading up to his Nomination to the Supreme Court. And you ask me "do I think the repubs are energized over these false allegations '.....YES ! Yes I think we're energized"
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 07:09 AM   #9
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
He is not going to sue anyone. He is afraid of what might come out. On the other hand, don't be surprised if there is a civil suit against him by Ford and others.
As I've stated previously...WHERE ARE THOSE CIVIL suits????...Well...cause if they had anything....woulda ALREADY been filed....
Old 10-06-2018, 07:41 AM   #10
tucker6

Quote:
My best jay trotter impression (to looney)

"Do I think the repubs are energized over the sham the dems pulled on the false allegations? I'm posting on a horse racing board at 1am and I have to wake up in six hours. I've been beside myself watching multiple women accuse a man of sexual assault, offering NO proof, no corroborating witnesses, no evidence, all in the days leading up to his Nomination to the Supreme Court. And you ask me "do I think the repubs are energized over these false allegations '.....YES ! Yes I think we're energized"
damn right we are.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 10:37 AM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Sue them all!
Let the chips fall where they may.

Best case scenario - it goes to the Suprem Court!
Old 10-06-2018, 12:57 PM   #12
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
As I've stated previously...WHERE ARE THOSE CIVIL suits????...Well...cause if they had anything....woulda ALREADY been filed....
You mean against Kavanaugh?
Old 10-07-2018, 04:00 AM   #13
davew

Quote:

don't forget about her friend. Find out who the lawyers are who kept trying to get her to change her story and jail them for witness tampering.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2018, 06:41 AM   #14
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
You mean against Kavanaugh?
yes...
Old 10-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #15
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
yes...
Boy, do I agree.

Indeed, where are the lawsuits?

Speaking of "suits, with all those powerful lawyers in Blasy Ford's corner, and all that money behind them, why didn't they launch their own serious investigation instead of just making claims?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: