Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-26-2018, 01:58 PM   #1
boxcar

Teacher Fired for Being Politically Incorrect

Florida teacher says she was fired for refusing to give students partial credit on an assignment they didn't turn in

This sharp teacher nails the self-defeating nature of liberals' philosophy with this comment:

“I’m so upset, because we have a nation of kids that are expecting to get paid and live their life just for showing up, and it’s not real,” the teacher said.

It's not real!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/flor...215918726.html
Old 09-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
headhawg
crusty old guy

I taught mostly millennials in my previous job. Trust me -- it's real to them. Their perspective is so warped. They all aspire to be YouTube stars.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:19 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The only way democrats can win is to keep a supply of stupid kids in the pipeline.

And man o man, they got a lot of stupid kids coming up the ranks.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:31 PM   #4
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Hey this happened in my current home town! My tax $$ at work.

As the Cajun Chef used to say , I can Gar-rahn-tee there's more to this story.This city's begging for teachers, the county's (St.Lucie)population has increased by 40,000 in the past 7 years and the housing stock in PSL is almost all single family homes, very few apartments, condos and trailer parks (excuse me ,manufactured housing communities).Consequently, a lot of young families are moving here, not seniors sans rugrats.Point being if this teacher was halfway competent, they're not going to get rid of her.Transfer her to Fort Pierce instead.(Rough and tumble town, that Fort Pierce is.)

Since she was in her probation period, most school districts can unload a teacher in that situation without giving a reason.And they rarely do because why expose themselves to legal action by giving reasons.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 03:07 PM   #5
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

They were brought into this world against their own will so they got a right to expect EVERYTHING to be given and done for them...

“If you didn’t want to completely support me, then why did you have me to begin with..? You were thinking only of your self when you gave in to your maternal instincts and let daddy impregnate you just because he was horny...now you are mad at me for standing up for myself and requiring YOU to take responsibility for YOUR choices...”
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 03:08 PM   #6
HalvOnHorseracing

You can't possibly believe she was fired for nothing more than giving zeroes to people who didn't do the work. I guarantee if you looked into it you'd find there is more to this story.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 03:34 PM   #7
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
You can't possibly believe she was fired for nothing more than giving zeroes to people who didn't do the work. I guarantee if you looked into it you'd find there is more to this story.
Of course not. I don't believe that for a second. I believe the reason the teacher stated, which essentially was that she didn't reward them for just showing up in class.

This is today's world. In liberalism it's NOT FAIR to the ever-so vigilant social justice warriors to put young people under such horrendous pressure as to pass a test.

Secondly, it's not fair to those who take the test and fail it and their self-esteem becomes a casualty in the lifelong struggles each of us normally confront almost daily.

And thirdly, tests are anti-equality. To a snowflake liberal, Utopia can only be realized when the proverbial playing field is level -- when a society works for equal outcomes for all people. Only then, can everyone be truly equal (the elite ruling class excepted, of course).

Try to keep up with the times, Mr. Halv.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:08 PM   #8
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Florida teacher says she was fired for refusing to give students partial credit on an assignment they didn't turn in

This sharp teacher nails the self-defeating nature of liberals' philosophy with this comment:

“I’m so upset, because we have a nation of kids that are expecting to get paid and live their life just for showing up, and it’s not real,” the teacher said.

It's not real!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/flor...215918726.html
Do you ever focus on, or even notice, some of the good that
young people do in this world? Or, is that all there is for you?
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 08:37 PM   #9
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

It may be a Public School versus a Private School issue.
I totally believe she was fired for not following policy, if indeed the policy was in place...the problem is with the policy...it is a bad policy.

But unfortunately, the public education system is no longer tasked with truly educating anymore...It is more like babysitting and massive indoctrination...it is the idea that “you cannot do anything on your own and everyone is equal, no one fails or stands out superior to anyone else...communism.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 08:47 PM   #10
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Do you ever focus on, or even notice, some of the good that
young people do in this world? Or, is that all there is for you?
Actually, I'm focusing on the mind-boggling, reality-defying political policy/philosophy implemented by dimwitted liberal adults in the great name of Social Justice. The kids are the pawns and hapless victims of this kind of ill-conceived buffoonery.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:55 PM   #11
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
It may be a Public School versus a Private School issue.
I totally believe she was fired for not following policy, if indeed the policy was in place...the problem is with the policy...it is a bad policy.

But unfortunately, the public education system is no longer tasked with truly educating anymore...It is more like babysitting and massive indoctrination...it is the idea that “you cannot do anything on your own and everyone is equal, no one fails or stands out superior to anyone else...communism.
Yup, the little kids are being prepped by daily indoctrination in the tenets of Marxism, which is the pig dressed up to look like compassionate, progressive and fair social justice for all.

After these young kids' skulls are filled up with all this Marxist mush, they will be ready to attend virtually any public college or university to have the commie-loving professors put the finishing touches on all that brainwashing.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:57 PM   #12
fast4522

Quote:
Yup, the little kids are being prepped by daily indoctrination in the tenets of Marxism, which is the pig dressed up to look like compassionate, progressive and fair social justice for all.

After these young kids' skulls are filled up with all this Marxist mush, they will be ready to attend virtually any public college or university to have the commie-loving professors put the finishing touches on all that brainwashing.

I could not have put it better myself.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 10:45 PM   #13
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Of course not. I don't believe that for a second. I believe the reason the teacher stated, which essentially was that she didn't reward them for just showing up in class.

This is today's world. In liberalism it's NOT FAIR to the ever-so vigilant social justice warriors to put young people under such horrendous pressure as to pass a test.

Secondly, it's not fair to those who take the test and fail it and their self-esteem becomes a casualty in the lifelong struggles each of us normally confront almost daily.

And thirdly, tests are anti-equality. To a snowflake liberal, Utopia can only be realized when the proverbial playing field is level -- when a society works for equal outcomes for all people. Only then, can everyone be truly equal (the elite ruling class excepted, of course).

Try to keep up with the times, Mr. Halv.
First, it's nice to see that your spelling and grammar are improving.

Second, you have an incredibly warped and ignorant view of those in the world who choose a path different than yours. What most progressives want is equal opportunity for all and a chance to succeed. In fact, the problem is that they can't understand why everybody else doesn't see it.

Speaking about keeping up with the times, do you know how long humans have been competitive with each other? 200,000 years. Always was, always will be.

Hmmmm.....is there anybody on PA who always thinks they are right about everything and everyone else is doomed?
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 11:01 PM   #14
chrisl

Quote:

Here we go.......
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2018, 11:05 AM   #15
boxcar

Quote:
First, it's nice to see that your spelling and grammar are improving.

Second, you have an incredibly warped and ignorant view of those in the world who choose a path different than yours. What most progressives want is equal opportunity for all and a chance to succeed. In fact, the problem is that they can't understand why everybody else doesn't see it.

Speaking about keeping up with the times, do you know how long humans have been competitive with each other? 200,000 years. Always was, always will be.

Hmmmm.....is there anybody on PA who always thinks they are right about everything and everyone else is doomed?
"Equal opportunity" is a red herring used to conceal the true driving, political force behind "social justice". Would you know what that would be? (Rhetorical question, of course you wouldn't.) The real agenda is Identity Politics or even more to the point [b]victimization]/b]. In today's world in this country, if a person is not a white, privileged male, this qualifies that person for "victimhood" status. (Yeah, I made up a word, so get over it.) Women are victims, people of color are victims, immigrants are victims -- and because they are oppressed and deprived by white, rich males this this "victimhood" is their societal status. And the supposed existence of all these victims in this country, cries out for a social justice champion and fearless warrior, which of course is the party of the dimwits.

Yeah, so what is your point about the competitiveness of humans? Did you miss the teacher's point about that?